Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 3 Post By skuta

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2022, 11:45   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Local Docters?

whats going on with these people i was in the docs this morning to see the nurse and while waiting a lady came to the counter and said can i order my prescription to be told NO you must ring to order it, 5 mins later another lady did the same,and said i rang this morning to order and was told i was number 2 in line, i waited more than 30 mins and then gave up,as i had stuff to do, what the hell is going on with these people? its PATHETIC in my view,to me its not good enough, yet it seems to be for these people.
Old 06-07-2022, 13:34   #2
God Member

Re: Local Docters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
whats going on with these people i was in the docs this morning to see the nurse and while waiting a lady came to the counter and said can i order my prescription to be told NO you must ring to order it, 5 mins later another lady did the same,and said i rang this morning to order and was told i was number 2 in line, i waited more than 30 mins and then gave up,as i had stuff to do, what the hell is going on with these people? its PATHETIC in my view,to me its not good enough, yet it seems to be for these people.
Cashy, most GPs are PRIVATE businesses contracted to the NHS (many now owned by American companies you’ve never heard of).
In terms of service to the public they are therefore the worst of both worlds - a private monopoly.
It seems it doesn’t matter how bad their service is - the government (I.e.the taxpayer) will still pay them.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 13:40   #3
Beacon of light

Pals must be one of the worst GP practices in the area.
You can never get through on the phone....you cannot speak to anyone, you cannot book appointments, blood tests or anything else.
I would say they are a joke, but health issues are no laughing matter!
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 14:08   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

also i fail to understand WHY you can see a hospital doc yet cannot see a local one, they have become a complete WASTE OF SPACE. i think.
Old 06-07-2022, 14:10   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Cashy, most GPs are PRIVATE businesses contracted to the NHS (many now owned by American companies you’ve never heard of).
In terms of service to the public they are therefore the worst of both worlds - a private monopoly.
It seems it doesn’t matter how bad their service is - the government (I.e.the taxpayer) will still pay them.
then its about time the government woke up i think. i reckon many people are not aware of that exile? i sure was not.
Old 06-07-2022, 14:38   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
then its about time the government woke up i think. i reckon many people are not aware of that exile? i sure was not.
I suspect the Govt are behind the whole scam.
And not just Tories. How many times has a Labour Govt, to paraphrase Bevan, “stuffed the doctors’ mouths with silver”?
And now they have the gall to demand a 30% rise to work less.
Old 06-07-2022, 15:23   #7
Full Member+

Just as bad trying to ring the council
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 18:47   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Just as bad trying to ring the council
Ringing ‘em is easy. The difficulty is getting them to answer.
Old 06-07-2022, 18:57   #9

I'm with Pals I rang to book an appt for the next day I was off work which was 4 days away, sorry you can't do that !! Oh right well I can't make it any other day ?

You have to ring on the day you want to go at 8.30 and wait on the phone hours to see if you can get an appt for that day !!

Absolute bonkers that place, to be honest my treatment has been good but trying to actually see anyone is a joke especially in this day and age when you can book or order anything on your phone without talking to anyone.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 20:16   #10
Full Member+

I'm with Pals after my local GP Practice closed suddenly without any explanation.
Old 09-07-2022, 20:11   #11

I had a person ring me a few days ago claiming to be from my GP Office & needing (?) to discuss my Medication. Then she asked ME for proof of who I am by confirming a few personal details.
I said you called ME, why should I PROVE anything to you? Who do you think you've rung? Do you know how to operate a phone?
Then she said well, you can call me back on this number then it'll confirm I'm calling from your GP's Office (no names given, all anonymous).
She didn't get it, calling back on her number confirms nothing. Plus she's calling my Landline that nobody calls me on.
She says are you going to confirm who you are?
I said NO & Hung up. I have no idea if this was a scammer, it very much sounded like it. IF she was from my GP's she was pretty clueless. She clearly struggled with my resistance, these people always act like you're only there for their convenience and will comply without question and do as you are told.
skuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:20   #12

Sounds more of a scam to me!
Cheers
landhusweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:35   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

anyone asking for my details on the phone will be told GET STUFFED.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..