Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2022, 07:28   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Local elections

Oh how that made me chuckle…it should not have because the content is seriously ‘on point’.
It should have made me cry because, Guinness you have got it one.
Especially the bit about those who set their sights on being councillors, see us….the working class electorate, as too thick to butter our own bread.
They do not take into account that we might not have graduated from university, but we are still AT university….but it is the university of life.
We have lived, we have seen what these people(many of whom think they are superior to us who they want to vote for them) think of us…..and that was the downfall of GJ.
They forget that we have long memories…..and that we know what could be done…what should be done to improve our town.
Anyway….I say ‘cart on’…..the support you give your electorate will be the support you get back….and it might be much less than you expect.
taddy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-05-2022, 07:51   #17
Beacon of light

The turnout for this election was poor….in most areas it was a third of those eligible to vote and I think in Perl it was less than a quarter.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022...uncil_election

Evidenced by the figures at the end of this article.
Guinness likes this.
Old 07-05-2022, 23:52   #18

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Yeah you are right about the turnout...I think the Labour vote stayed at home.

xMP spins this (using blame culture) by saying its because of decisions made by Labour councillors (who he has allegedly undermined) that have resigned or gone independent. He claims a Labour victory because people have voted LibDem in many constituencies across the country (this guy seriously doesn't have a lift that goes all the way to the top of his head does he? Or as my Gran used to say, the lights on but nobody is in)

As usual he couldn't be more wrong...they stayed at home because Hyndburn Labour offered them nothing, nada, zilch and any other synonym that you care to think of to go to the polling station and draw the letter X with a pencil.

One disgruntled Labour councillor who sits on the planning committee has stated on facebook that the Huncoat Garden Village plan, and I quote, was a 'done deal' before the public consultation was finished, adding that one of the other plans for the area was for a prison to be built. If true that was played close to the chest of the peoples party of Hyndburn Labour.

But hey! Vote Labour..we have no plan except criticism of the plans of others.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Old 08-05-2022, 05:41   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

But hey! Vote Labour..we have no plan except criticism of the plans of others.
This is a brilliant plan, I hope they stick to it, the more members of their party they force to toe this line the better the chances of we the public never voting for these useless beggars ever again!
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 07:02   #20

We didn't even bother to vote, everything this Council does is pre-approved before asking the public, some people must make a very good living with brown envelopes.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 07:42   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

luckily we were on holiday when this farce took place, so were not bothered
Old 12-05-2022, 22:52   #22

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Xmp aint having much luck today...

Apparently he is now known amongst the local politnik as 'Judas Jones'...he's stepped away from his comfort zone of sycophantic facebook miscreants to dip his toe in the wider world of Hyndburn and been hammered.

Claimed he was a ordinary worker before he was elected..shot down! Evidenced by a statement (unchallenged by our well known litigious Xmp) that he only worked part time, and took pay as a county councillor after being elected as MP (something our current MP did not do)

Claimed he was a grafter and was currently employed...challenged...said he was a secretary/director of Baxenden Golf Club, (wonder how many millions of Labour voters can afford golf club memberships?) he didn't offer contracted hours or rate of pay...lets just all assume for the benefit of doubt that the tax man is aware of this in addition to his £40 grand gilt edged pension for selling us down the river

Many statements regarding how many political freebies/junkets he's been on that are irrelevant to Hyndburn

Talks about value for money whilst flying to London when he was an MP whilst our current MP uses the train.

If the bases are 'allegedly' loaded and he is put forward as the next candidate for MP...you reap just as you sow!
Old 13-05-2022, 08:42   #23
Beacon of light

Well…whaddya know….he is a snake….and even when the snake sheds its skin it remains a snake.
Untrustworthy, will never vote for him again…he cares only for himself.#accyladgonebad.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..