Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2003, 08:14   #16
Junior Member+

Post Re: Local Radio

[quote author=Sara link=board=general;num=1066903551;start=0#10 date=10/23/03 at 17:51:05]MCR finishes tomorrow evening (Fri) at 6pm."[/quote]

Sorry! I thought it was yesterday   :-X

Quite a few other schools in East Lancashire have done a similar broadcast, and they have all gained from the experience I'm sure. Well done MC.

We had nowt like that in my day....  ;D
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2003, 08:45   #17
God Member

I take it "finished at 6pm" means finished permanently. Good. Get the kids back to what they should be doing, i.e. learning. Thats whats schools are for.

If all you trendy do-gooders want the kids to play around on the radio, then buy 'em a CB set or set up a local radio station. But don't do it with my money. Taxes are being wasted on enough drivel without funding this nonsense as well.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 12:27   #18
Jo

Hello!

Sorry couldn't tune in but I have a question: What is Mount Carmel Science College? Is it the new name for the sixth form? As an ex-pupil I am intrigued..... can you let me know Pinky?
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 16:05   #19

Couldn't have said it better mum of pinky

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 17:05   #20

[quote author=Tealeaf link=board=general;num=1066903551;start=0#16 date=10/24/03 at 09:45:08]I take it "finished at 6pm" means finished permanently. Good. Get the kids back to what they should be doing, i.e. learning. Thats whats schools are for. [/quote]

Try not to take much notice of tealeaf people. Hes just looking to wind people up.
Its a little bit of envy as they have nothing like this at his school, i think he should be due to leave soon and at 47 years old not a minute too late!!! ;D

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 18:36   #21

Well, thats it, its over  [smiley=bye2.gif]

MCR is gone, and i'll never be a presenter again (unless they do another one). We were all extremely sad, and if you were listening at about 6pm, we all sang 'The time of our lives', all 20 presenters and 10 administrators, in a room 2 square meters big.

In reply to the 'Is Mount Carmel Science College the new name for 6th form', no it isn't. Mount Carmel hasn't had a sixth form since about 1991, all this title does, is shows that we are a school that specializes in the three sciences.
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2003, 21:43   #22
Senior Member+

Good God tealeaf, you are a naughty boy.Been reading about your censorship and now this???? What is all this talk about your taxes paying for this you are not the only person paying them.Sounds like you would have them all in the stocks and throw rotten fruit or summat at em  :-X
Old 27-10-2003, 20:37   #23
Junior Member+

Whilst I'm here, I might as well mention another radio project for the Blackburn area.. check out http://www.the-bee.com

.. a new local radio station for Blackburn and Darwen. Comments please!
Old 31-10-2003, 17:47   #24

Sorry to say, not as good as The Burn when it was on earlier this year.

Good luck with your application, but I think the Burn will beat you to it.

Their programming in the second stint they did was more 'in tune' with the audience they were aiming at.

Old 02-11-2003, 10:39   #25
Junior Member+

[quote author=Fangio link=board=general;num=1066903551;start=0#23 date=10/31/03 at 19:47:57]Sorry to say, not as good as The Burn when it was on earlier this year.

Good luck with your application, but I think the Burn will beat you to it.

[/quote]

Thanks for your good luck message Fangio. Out of interest, did you hear any of The Bee trial broadcasts?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..