Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2003, 10:05   #1
Junior Member+

Post Local Radio

Hi Forum - my first post! 8)

I know you all listen to the local station, 2BR, but incase you fancy something different today, MCR is on-air from Mount Carmel RC Science College on 87.7FM.

It finishes at 6pm so tune in and have a wee listen to the kids! Its a training excercise ya'see.

Post any views here!

Roy
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2003, 10:08   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Post Re: Local Radio

Will tune in on my way to work later and let you know what I think ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 10:12   #3

I can't listen to the radio at work, but will tube in on my way home.  When i was at school id of loved to of done a radio station!  
Dizzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 10:14   #4
Junior Member+

Wow that was quick!

I can't tune in either but I'd be interested to know what you think!
Old 23-10-2003, 10:47   #5
God Member

Why don't they do some work instead of playing at shock jocks? Is this what the taxpayer's money is going on? These kids should stick to the 3 'R's enforced by a length of bamboo cane thats what I say - and if they can't do that then send 'em out to work......no wonder the kids are out of control......
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 11:04   #6
Junior Member+

Tuned in the Mount Carmel radio station, good selection of music, interviews etc.... in reply to the above, maybe from getting this kind of experience it will broaden their options when they leave school, and give them a better chance when getting a job.

I know I would have liked to have the chance to do something like that when I was at school.

Well done and keep up the good work Mount Carmel. Quite professional job.
minimash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 11:05   #7
Junior Member+

By the way who is doing the news bulletins,,voice sounds familiar.
Old 23-10-2003, 11:06   #8
Junior Member+

[quote author=Tealeaf link=board=general;num=1066903551;start=0#4 date=10/23/03 at 11:47:40] These kids should stick to the 3 'R's enforced by a length of bamboo cane
[/quote]

Which pre-historic decade are you stuck in Tealeaf  ;D
Old 23-10-2003, 11:08   #9
Junior Member+

My thoughts exactly
Old 23-10-2003, 11:54   #10

Same here  
Dizzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 16:51   #11

MCR finishes tomorrow evening (Fri) at 6pm.  Can't listen at work but have listened after, not to bad.  Daughter has been able to listen to it in some lessons today.  All i can say "Is well done to all concerned."

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 19:49   #12

Hi all, this is my first post. I'm Michael and I'm a presenter on MCR and would like to thank you all for you comments, we've been reading them and they've helped us to style our programmes.  
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 20:33   #13

Good evening this is Pinky's mum, WHY do they call him that???  :-/

I tuned in to MCR today and I must say that I was quite impressed, I thought I must reply to Tealeaf's post regarding "the kids are out of control".

These young people, (I call them young people rather than kids because each one of the presenters came across as very professional and organised individuals) are learning life skills that will stay with them and stand them in good stead in their future careers.

These skills cannot be taught without practical, hands on experience.  My hat goes off to Mount Carmel for giving them opportunities that where not available when I was at school.

A Waste of tax payers money?  I think not!!
mum of pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 21:21   #14
Senior Member+

Well said mum of pinky.Practical experience cannot be replaced by books.Also gives you an insight in to what you could be getting in to in later life.
Old 23-10-2003, 22:08   #15
Senior Member+

I agree with pinkys mum,give the kids a chance, just because they are young does'nt mean they know nowt.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..