Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2013, 08:19   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Local Vet & Kennel Has Caused My Dog To Become Ill!

Just another example of this forum being used by individuals who will probably not be seen again, win or lose
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2013, 08:28   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Before we get into the blame game, was the dog vaccinated, worm treated, flee treated, and chipped etc, something that I would expect to be done as a matter of course by a responsible owner, this would decrease the possibility of picking up infections.
Kennel cough is both a viral and bacterial upper respiratory infection and is passed between dogs in close quarters. This can be passed between dogs in both dirty and clean environments, did you not check out the kennels in question before leaving a precious pet, and how does the vet get included in the blame that you are dishing out.
Or perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye, your profile says nothing about yourself, and at this point I cannot determine you reasons to complain
Usually if your dog has to go in kennels ,you are advised to have your dog inoculated against kennel cough, because it spreads quick between dogs in close quarters.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 08:29   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just another example of this forum being used by individuals who will probably not be seen again, win or lose
Totally agree with you John. They shouldn't come on here as a one off to name and shame.It's not what Accy Web is for. A responsible dog owner would ask about all the innoculations their pet should need before putting them in kennels, and inspect the kennels beforehand.
Old 17-03-2013, 08:31   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Usually if your dog has to go in kennels ,you are advised to have your dog inoculated against kennel cough, because it spreads quick between dogs in close quarters.
I thought most kennels insisted your dog is vaccinated
Old 17-03-2013, 08:32   #20
Senior Member+

Good ones do.
Old 17-03-2013, 09:22   #21
JCB

When I boarded my dog in a local kennel they told me that there was no need to have her vaccinated against kennel cough because the infection was not present in the area . I checked with the vet who saw no problem with that opinion .

The dog was fine , and I had no complaints with the kennel's care of her .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 15:36   #22

As above the one we use in Clayton say the same.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats, dogs, kennel, vetinary, vets

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..