Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2013, 20:18   #1

Thumbs down Local Vet & Kennel Has Caused My Dog To Become Ill!

Hello everyone, I decided to register on this forum just to share my knowledge of a local vetinary and kennel which has caused my dog to become extremely ill.

I boarded my dog for seven days in perfect health, I have returned to an unfit and unwell dog who is now suffering with severe kennel cough due to poor ventilation and cleanliness of where my dog was boarded. I have yet to contact them both to seek some kind of explanation as to how I've spent my money and in return not received the service I believed I was paying for?

The vet played a part on this because I spoke with the vet who worked there who wrongly advised me that the kennel cough injection wasn't needed ??

The kennel plays a part for obvious reasons. This isn't a name and shame, this is purely unfair to the community putting their trust into the professional services which you claim to offer.

If anybody would like to share their thoughts or previous experiences then please feel free to do so here, If you have any suggestions on what to do next I'm happy to discuss that too. Just wanted to give the heads up to make sure your loved ones aren't put at risk aswell !

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Neil; 16-03-2013 at 21:35. Reason: removed names
Twebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2013, 20:25   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Local Vet & Kennel Has Caused My Dog To Become Ill!

I think you should have done both of these establishments the courtesy of answering your concerns privately, before you posted this on a public forum.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 20:37   #3

I understand your point, yet people have the right to know that two "professional" establishments aren't doing what they're supposed too.. Same with Tesco and the horsemeat scandal..
Twebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 20:47   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Perhaps yeh will wish yeh had spoken to em first,if one of em sues yeh?
Old 16-03-2013, 21:14   #5

how do you know for sure that some other establishment is to blame,
janloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 21:15   #6
Senior Member+

Before we get into the blame game, was the dog vaccinated, worm treated, flee treated, and chipped etc, something that I would expect to be done as a matter of course by a responsible owner, this would decrease the possibility of picking up infections.
Kennel cough is both a viral and bacterial upper respiratory infection and is passed between dogs in close quarters. This can be passed between dogs in both dirty and clean environments, did you not check out the kennels in question before leaving a precious pet, and how does the vet get included in the blame that you are dishing out.
Or perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye, your profile says nothing about yourself, and at this point I cannot determine you reasons to complain
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 21:37   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twebb View Post
If anybody would like to share their thoughts or previous experiences then please feel free to do so here, If you have any suggestions on what to do next I'm happy to discuss that too. Just wanted to give the heads up to make sure your loved ones aren't put at risk aswell !
I have removed the names of the vet and kennel so as to protect the forum.

If you decide to board you dog at a kennel without inoculating it for kennel cough and it gets kennel cough how can anyone be to blame except yourself?
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 16-03-2013, 21:38   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Before we get into the blame game, was the dog vaccinated, worm treated, flee treated, and chipped etc, something that I would expect to be done as a matter of course by a responsible owner, this would decrease the possibility of picking up infections.
How does the chip help with infections?
Old 16-03-2013, 21:45   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It doesn't, but goes part way to show that the person is a responsible owner, and registered with a vet for booster injections also is a requirement.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 21:54   #10
Beacon of light

I hope your pet recovers. I did not mean my post to sound mean or nasty, but you really haven't been fair to either establishment.
They should be the ones who hear about your concerns first...not a local forum....they may be able to answer you concerns....but you won't know this until you contact them.
If, once you have done this, you are still not satisfied then you need to seek (legal) advice.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 22:25   #11
God Member

is the vets owned by teh owners of the kennel because i can understand why someone would be upset at the kennel if their dog was neglected and ill when they got back from holiday or whatever but apart from advising against kennel cough vactination the state your dog was in when you returned cant be blamed on the vet can it ?

mind you if its teh same vet that tried charging me £15 to put a £3 hamster to sleep go ahead lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 22:34   #12
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
is the vets owned by teh owners of the kennel because i can understand why someone would be upset at the kennel if their dog was neglected and ill when they got back from holiday or whatever but apart from advising against kennel cough vactination the state your dog was in when you returned cant be blamed on the vet can it ?

mind you if its teh same vet that tried charging me £15 to put a £3 hamster to sleep go ahead lol
Well how much do you think the knock out drops for the hamster would have cost? Plus the vet's time? You could have banged it on the head yourself for nothing. Or did you in the end?
Old 16-03-2013, 23:08   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Well how much do you think the knock out drops for the hamster would have cost? Plus the vet's time? You could have banged it on the head yourself for nothing. Or did you in the end?
absolutely not

at that time i had a pet snake as well

ok ok i didnt but it did cross my mind

the snake is now also dead

it choked to death after the vet said we had to put the cat down

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 16-03-2013 at 23:11.
Old 17-03-2013, 02:42   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
if you fry the chip with the rest of the dog it kills of most infections

Old 17-03-2013, 05:29   #15

I can't remember it ever costing less than £20 to put a rodent down, although I always insist that they're sedated first.
Regards the thread, I can totally understand why somebody would be upset and want to name and shame an establishment if they are responsible for their pet becoming ill. However, I feel more info is needed on establishing blame, too. What particularly did they do wrong?
Has the dog been to a different vet perhaps and they've diagnosed the dog and indicated what the causes are?
(I'm not an expert but I am supposing that with kennel cough It's difficult to say why exactly a dog has come down with it-other than not being vaccinated and being exposed to the causes).
You do have my sympathy though, and I hope your pet makes a good recovery!

Tags
cats, dogs, kennel, vetinary, vets

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..