Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2010, 08:49   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: lock your windows in huncoat village

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickler View Post
just to inform you all in the knwo that huncoat has the lowest crime figures in the whole of hyndburn so if you prefer to live in church or ossy your choice but huncoat has a good reputation for anti social behaviour and burgulary so before you start slagging huncoat check your facts TEALEAF (apt name)
If thats the case they soon won't have.
Old 30-06-2010, 08:51   #17

thats why we need them moving quickly and i beleive it could happen today the problem is it is LCC land and not hyndburn or the order to move them from ossy would have done
Tickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 09:29   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
just to inform you all in the knwo that huncoat has the lowest crime figures in the whole of hyndburn so if you prefer to live in church or ossy your choice but huncoat has a good reputation for anti social behaviour and burgulary so before you start slagging huncoat check your facts TEALEAF (apt name)
If you had any knowledge of accyweb, then you would know there is always friendly banter between the different districts, (you should see us all band together against the dingles though, that IS serious), so draw your horns in.
Before you burst a blood vessel because I've spoken against you, let me put everything right and agree with you on one point:-
Quote:
huncoat has a good reputation for anti social behaviour and burglary
I take it you are using the modern idiom here where good means bad?

Like what the rest of the innit? brigade do?

P.S. No need to thank me for showing you the correct spelling of burglary in the second quote, my spull chacker did it for me.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 09:32   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Why Damien? were ya never Christened?
The water bubbled
Old 30-06-2010, 09:37   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
just to inform you all in the know that huncoat has the lowest crime figures in the whole of hyndburn so if you prefer to live in church or ossy your choice but huncoat has a good reputation for anti social behaviour and burglary so before you start slagging huncoat check your facts TEALEAF (apt name)
I once got offered a property in Huncoat, I informed the council I'd sooner live in a tent on the coppice than live there
Old 30-06-2010, 10:03   #21
God Member

The rentable property is all in Within Grove estate, where all the dross got shifted to a few decades ago. They are desperately trying to revamp that image there - it will take some effort to live down the bad reputation that the estate had.

I have not heard any bad reports of life in Huncoat village, and the new estates up there appear to be large posh detatched houses in the main, which are usually beyond the means of the 'dross'

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 15:03   #22
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have not heard any bad reports of life in Huncoat village, and the new estates up there appear to be large posh detatched houses in the main, which are usually beyond the means of the 'dross'
You mean folk like you and I?

Though I have never been moved on as much as you have, Tsk, park your carra more carefully in future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have lived at a dozen different addresses all in East Lancs and in Church was the one place I was burgled.
(Psst, Mag's just a hint, if you don't want the robbers round when living in Church, Have Nowt').
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 20:22   #23
God Member

to be fair though tickler teh reduction in crime only came about because they emptied the entire estate almost and moved the people elsewhere then repoulated the houses with new tennants

hyndburn homes for example has a muslical chair system for scroats where after so many complaints they just dump them on some other poor sods doorstep until enough complaints are made to warrant another move to another area or they switch housing associations and start destroying their propertys

i have no doubt the scroats will eventualy end up back on huncoats doorstep one way or another and the patern will continue until somone decides to no longer house people who cant behave

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 30-06-2010 at 20:26.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:08   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
to be fair though tickler the reduction in crime only came about because they emptied the entire estate almost and moved the people elsewhere then repoulated the houses with new tennants

hyndburn homes for example has a muslical chair system for scroats where after so many complaints they just dump them on some other poor sods doorstep until enough complaints are made to warrant another move to another area or they switch housing associations and start destroying their propertys

i have no doubt the scroats will eventualy end up back on huncoats doorstep one way or another and the patern will continue until somone decides to no longer house people who cant behave
Don't know whether that was tongue in cheek accyman, but I've lived on Mallard Place since 1986, and this year is the first time I've know two people being evicted and one pending ad one jumping ship before he as pushed, unfortunately this guy was in or block and made our life a misery for two years, well him and his drunken entourage, that is. I was on first name terms with HH enforcement officer I rang him so much, think its what they call Social Engineering, It doesn't bloody work
Old 01-07-2010, 14:48   #25

They have gone not bad that from time of reporting them to them being shifted just shows it can be done
Tickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 16:13   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
They have gone not bad that from time of reporting them to them being shifted just shows it can be done
they must have there own reasons fer sodding off so quick, don't kid yerself.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:21   #27
Common Sense Member

Each borough is supposed to make provision for 'travellers' (as we're now obliged to call them) and Hyndburn has set aside far more land than it needed to. Other boroughs have little or none and I seem to remember it being mooted earlier this year by other authorities in Lancashire that we take on more.

I think I am right in saying that Springhill has the biggest gypsy community at the moment with no one as yet being brave enough to land in Rishton.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:39   #28
I am Banned

a bit racist from you accyman,it seems that you are saying that all gypsies are thieving people, dont judge people on their reputations SHAME ON YOU
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:55   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Each borough is supposed to make provision for 'travellers' (as we're now obliged to call them) and Hyndburn has set aside far more land than it needed to. Other boroughs have little or none and I seem to remember it being mooted earlier this year by other authorities in Lancashire that we take on more.

I think I am right in saying that Springhill has the biggest gypsy community at the moment with no one as yet being brave enough to land in Rishton.
Oh come on Ken even Gypsies have standards to uphold
Old 06-01-2011, 09:57   #30
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

You need to be careful what you say people or they'll come & get you !

NewsNow: Loading story...
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..