Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 22:16   #61

Re: lock your windows in huncoat village

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Didn't really help, when the intoduction post announced they were basically an internet troll.

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Making inflammatory remarks about the town, whose name happens to be the name of the forum.

I knew it was Jambutty
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2011, 22:36   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceIsSuffering View Post
Cashman: Calling me a Tosspot, however indirectly is a personal attack which is against the forum rules. Do you think because of your long history with the site that you no longer have to follow the rules they laid dow

Given the way you all seem to gang up on anyone who's new unless they toe the party line and seem unable to stop making comments about my name on here, and the way everyone seems to ignore the site rules about being welcome and friendly and not making personal attacks on people, I don't think it's worth my while staying here. I have plenty more forums where people really are welcoming to outsiders and follow their forum's rules and the law.

So you've driven me off. Good for you. Silly bullies, have a good rejoice about it why don't you.
Well if yeh think me calling yeh tosspot is a personal attack, please add tart to that, its the way i talk,as most on here are aware, n if yeh think yer being bullied by people, yeh have never experienced bullying. if yeh stay or go dont concern me one jot, your choice, but please dont slam the door on yer way out.
Old 04-03-2011, 23:23   #63
Give, give, give member

Quote:
What name would you prefer to call these people ? I hope not the insulting one that the thread started with.

As for how much land should be set aside, surely that should be decided independently of the amount other boroughs have decided on. It should be "How much is right?" not "How little can we get away with".
No one had even mentioned the word *****, until you decided to have a little moan, and question what term Ken Moss would use, if he didn't use the term he did, traveller.

Like it or lump it, irrespective of who they are, Romani gypsies, Irish tinkers, or middle class English crusties who travel from protest to protest, the term ***** is now widely used for any transient people who illegally camp on land, and very often leave havoc and mess in their wake.

Since travellers per se aren't any particular race, the term therefore isn't racist.

The term might be derogatory, but as was pointed out, some sensitive ninny in Burnley might consider the tag Dingle, similarly derogatory.

Bless their sensitive Dingle soul.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 23:31   #64
Give, give, give member

...and as they say in Romany, you've made a bit of a ming of yourself.

Silly chava.

Old 05-03-2011, 00:19   #65
God Member

what i find amusing about this is that a new member went back possibly between 50 - 100 pages to dig up a vey old post and decided to have a moan about the use of the word gypo.

seems to me some moron with too much time on their hands joined up and trawled through many many pages and topics looking at somthing to kick a fuss up about.

first thoughts when i saw my extreemly old post back at the top of the forum were what sad arse has revived this thread and it soon became apparant lmao

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:02   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
the term ***** is now widely used for any transient people who illegally camp on land, and very often leave havoc and mess in their wake.

Since travellers per se aren't any particular race, the term therefore isn't racist.
Well you can live in your separate world if you like where "*****" isn't racist, but in this world, in this country, the law says it is racist and offensive.

But then again it doesn't matter how many times I say it, it seems like you prefer to ignore the facts.

And Accyman, please don't call me a "moron", it's against the forum rules to personally attack people. If you do it again, I'll report you.
ExistenceIsSuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:09   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
what i find amusing about this is that a new member went back possibly between 50 - 100 pages to dig up a vey old post and decided to have a moan about the use of the word gypo.

seems to me some moron with too much time on their hands joined up and trawled through many many pages and topics looking at somthing to kick a fuss up about.

first thoughts when i saw my extreemly old post back at the top of the forum were what sad arse has revived this thread and it soon became apparant lmao
I think you'll find by the way if you actually check the dates, that it was Ken Moss who bumped the old thread, not me. Try checking your facts before you speak next time please. I wonder what Ken will think of you calling him a "sad arse", by the way.

Last post on the thread originally: Cashman: 1 7 2010
Person bumping the thread: Ken Moss: 5 1 2011.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:36   #68
Senior Member+

I thought you were not posting again????

Like I have already said you need to go and grow up and stop repeating yourself on here.
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:32   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
I thought you were not posting again????

Like I have already said you need to go and grow up and stop repeating yourself on here.
You're just so damn desperate to prove that I'm wrong about something, aren't you? And maybe I am repeating myself- it's in the vain hope that someone will actually listen this time.

As for telling me to "grow up", you cheeky individual. And precisely what am I doing that is childish? Or is "grow up" your standard reply to anyone you don't like?
Old 05-03-2011, 04:35   #70
Senior Member+

Nah I havent told anyone on here to "grow up" before because I have never had to.......................until you come along.

Think you better jog on
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:50   #71

I asked what I did that was childish and you didn't answer. Instead you write some stupid insulting message to me punctuated by animated cartoons.

Now which one of us is childish, again?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:53   #72
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I asked what I did that was childish and you didn't answer. Instead you write some stupid insulting message to me punctuated by animated cartoons.

Now which one of us is childish, again?

Quote:

Oh well, that's me. A moaner. I'm like a moaning invader

Old 05-03-2011, 08:10   #73
Common Sense Member

Quote:
I think you'll find by the way if you actually check the dates, that it was Ken Moss who bumped the old thread, not me. Try checking your facts before you speak next time please. I wonder what Ken will think of you calling him a "sad arse", by the way.

Last post on the thread originally: Cashman: 1 7 2010
Person bumping the thread: Ken Moss: 5 1 2011.
Wonderful, carry on.

The fact is that anyone who thinks negative things about me is the one with the problem. I'm perfectly happy with my life and that's the only thing that really matters so please pass whatever opinions you like, it's a free country.

I've known Cashy long enough to realise that he has a well-defined sense of humour and that if he had a problem wih any of my posts there would be a very clear indicator of it in his reply.

It seems to be the season for legal action, doesn't it?

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:22   #74
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
It seems that Accyweb has its fair share of infrequent posters who pop on occasionally to give the proverbial a good stir to try and leg people up and trick them into saying something which they'll regret.

The fact that none of them have a v-card makes you wonder just who is creating the profiles.
You are spot on about some people just coming on to stir it but others don't need to bite every time.

As for the v card I think you are wrong. I don't show my v card on any forum I go on. I personally think anyone that openly shows there email address and whatever else on a public forum is daft and not very internet savvy. No wonder people get so much email spam.

I think forums should default that option to being off, not sure if this one does because I can't see those settings
Old 05-03-2011, 08:55   #75
Resting in Peace

Just wondering if this Clown could be Life In the Mix reincarnated he was D head too

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..