Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2011, 09:04   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: lock your windows in huncoat village

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just wondering if this Clown could be Life In the Mix reincarnated he was D head too
Doubt it, my moneys on one of L.I.T.M.s converted.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:31   #77
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceIsSuffering View Post
I think you'll find by the way if you actually check the dates, that it was Ken Moss who bumped the old thread, not me. Try checking your facts before you speak next time please. I wonder what Ken will think of you calling him a "sad arse", by the way.

Last post on the thread originally: Cashman: 1 7 2010
Person bumping the thread: Ken Moss: 5 1 2011.
If we look at the posting then does look like I bumped the thread, but in actual fact there has been a post of yours deleted. Some editing of the thread has gone on and it now looks like I've tried to drag up an old topic.

By making accusations like that against me you're actually damaging the reputation of the moderators.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:36   #78
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
If we look at the posting then does look like I bumped the thread, but in actual fact there has been a post of yours deleted. Some editing of the thread has gone on and it now looks like I've tried to drag up an old topic.

By making accusations like that against me you're actually damaging the reputation of the moderators.
Ken your comments are falling on deaf ears mate, he's not coming on here any more
Old 05-03-2011, 09:37   #79
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ken your comments are falling on deaf ears mate, he's not coming on here any more
You mean apart from being on here less than an hour ago?

Never make idle threats, I think there's a lesson to be learned here.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:53   #80
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You mean apart from being on here less than an hour ago?

Never make idle threats, I think there's a lesson to be learned here.
There's always a lesson to be learned Ken, if they're listening
Old 05-03-2011, 09:56   #81
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
I think you'll find by the way if you actually check the dates, that it was Ken Moss who bumped the old thread, not me. Try checking your facts before you speak next time please. I wonder what Ken will think of you calling him a "sad arse", by the way.

Last post on the thread originally: Cashman: 1 7 2010
Person bumping the thread: Ken Moss: 5 1 2011.

As Ken stated did not revive this thread. As he says some posts have been moderated including some before his that were removed for being off topic chat.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:02   #82
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Could you all please read this post about swearing before you post again in this thread.

I will quote it here as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The word p i k e y has now been added to the swear filter and will be treated as a swear word.
This forum does not condone any racist or offensive comments or posts and they will be removed or edited as we decide appropriate. We welcome members reporting such posts so we can remove them as soon as possible.

Some people may not agree with this word being racist but we wont allow them anyway.
As usual we will not allow any attempt at getting around the swear filter.
You may find some of your posts in this thread edited or removed.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:02   #83

I'm amazed that people seem to be carrying on calling me various names in this thread. I'd like to state it once again in case anyone hasn't picked up on it yet: personal attacks on people are against the rules of the forum. I would like you to please stop personal attacks on me.

And you can stop all your silly theorizing about who am I. You don't know me. I'm new to the forum.
ExistenceIsSuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:04   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I'm not aware that any posts of mine have been deleted, nor of any editing of the thread. And I didn't make an accusation against you that you bumped the thread- I was answering an assumption that it was me that had bumped the thread by showing who really bumped it.

If it is the case that the moderators have deleted one of my posts and edited the thread so that it looks like it was you and not me that bumped the old thread then that's nothing to do with me- how could it be my fault that the reputation of the moderators would be damaged?

And by the way, I'm amazed that people seem to be carrying on calling me various names in this thread. I'd like to state it once again in case anyone hasn't picked up on it yet: personal attacks on people are against the rules of the forum. I would like you to please stop personal attacks on me or I will be forced to report it.

And you can stop all your silly theorizing about who am I. You don't know me. I'm new to the forum.
That you'd gone
Old 05-03-2011, 10:08   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well if such words are now being treated as swearing, this place is getting crap, pathetic.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:16   #86

In case anyone wonders why my post was edited to be different to the one jaysay quoted, I edited it because while I was writing it Neil posted the stuff about the editing and deleting of posts which wasn't there when I was writing my post.

I think activity in this thread will cease now anyway, seeing as I have been proved right all along.
ExistenceIsSuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:19   #87
Resting in Peace

Quote:
In case anyone wonders why my post was edited to be different to the one jaysay quoted, I edited it because while I was writing it Neil posted the stuff about the editing and deleting of posts which wasn't there when I was writing my post.

I think activity in this thread will cease now anyway, seeing as I have been proved right all along.
Don't bank on it chuck-a-butty
Old 05-03-2011, 10:21   #88
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well if such words are now being treated as swearing, this place is getting crap, pathetic.
I think didicoy is still okay cashy
Old 05-03-2011, 12:42   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yet paddy,scott,yank,britt,taffy,frog,krout and probably others are still ok lol

if your going to do it add them all to the swear filter or none at all

dont wantto come across as a site that promotes favouritism do we pmsl

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 13:01   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

Slang expert Tony Thorne says "*****" was being used as far back as the 16th Century but has only become more offensive in the mainstream in the past four or five years. this was taken from the link you posted, which does "Not" list any successful court actions? Garinda posted a link about n unsuccessful court action, which now i can't seem to find, perhaps its been removed in fairness to clowns. i now understand why the word has been removed n you sure aint been proved right "Big Head" perhaps the words only become offensive as the expert says in last 4/5 yrs due to know alls of your ilk, who really know nowt? if yeh view this as another personal attack, be my guest i really don't give a monkeys its just my opinion n you can go boil yer head.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..