Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2011, 13:41   #91
Common Sense Member

Re: lock your windows in huncoat village

What about the comedian Dave S*****?

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-03-2011, 13:50   #92
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You are spot on about some people just coming on to stir it but others don't need to bite every time.

As for the v card I think you are wrong. I don't show my v card on any forum I go on. I personally think anyone that openly shows there email address and whatever else on a public forum is daft and not very internet savvy. No wonder people get so much email spam.

I think forums should default that option to being off, not sure if this one does because I can't see those settings
Off topic, but need to know now.

As you know I'm daft. Certainly as far as technology's concerned.

How can we hide the v card, as I don't want that to be responsible for getting more spam?

Thanks.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 13:55   #93
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceIsSuffering View Post
I'm amazed that people seem to be carrying on calling me various names in this thread. I'd like to state it once again in case anyone hasn't picked up on it yet: personal attacks on people are against the rules of the forum. I would like you to please stop personal attacks on me.

And you can stop all your silly theorizing about who am I. You don't know me. I'm new to the forum.
No, it's silly to guess.

Factually all we know is you're a self-confessed 'moaner'.

We welcome yet one more.

Just don't get too hysterical when your moaning's challenged, especially if it's inflammatory. As exampled in your introduction thread.

Old 05-03-2011, 14:11   #94
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
E.i.s, it's people like you who've gotten the Country where it is because you & others of similar attitudes go on & have a hissy fit of righteous indignation about what's right & wrong about others calling & naming someone this or that & being mortified & offended for the aggrieved race, nation, group, minority ad nausea !
The above e.i.s. was my opening paragraph in post 54, freedom of speech is a wonderful thing & it applies to us all. Your further protestations have brought about an enforced censorship of a word which was occasionally used here without any major offence or upset from the vast majority of user as far as I can see (including our own Gypo Dec or Lancs Lassie who has a gypsy boyfriend) until you yourself raised the issue.This to my mind (and I believe many others) just reaffirms my comments about whining liberals turning the Country into the cesspit of self loathing it has sadly become, where once tolerant people are turned intolerant by foolishness such as that displayed by yourself & your Ilk.

As I stated, what is your actual experience with being victimised personally ? Where you the fat kid at school who never got picked ? The class swot no one liked ? Or the geek everyone picked on ? I'm pretty sure many people have been prejudiced through their lives but they've become stronger & risen above such petty concerns & have stood up for themselves, that being the case their personal objection is justified, but celebrity causes such as your P'key outrage, are in my view worthless.

So what's your next goal then ? Whatever it is you'll be in for a rough ride my friend as you've alienated so many people on here I can foresee hard times ahead for any comments/opinions you make or state !

A word to the wise, throw away the chip & the shovel, stop digging & get out of the hole while you can before some offended, repressed & misrepresented, resentful minority comes & fills it in while your still down there !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 14:12   #95
Give, give, give member

Quote:

I think activity in this thread will cease now anyway, seeing as I have been proved right all along.
This thread will be reignited, the next time travellers set up an illegal camp in Huncoat. Which happens quite regularly, just as it does elsewhere throughout Hyndburn.

You have proved nothing. Mainly because the term used is applied to travellers of all races. Therefore it isn't a racist.

If you'd like to start a thread, discussing what terms are, and aren't acceptable in this politically correct age, please do.

Any word can be offensive, or not. It all depends on the context.

As will be proved you you, when you've started a thread to discuss the issue further.

Old 05-03-2011, 14:28   #96
Resting in Peace

Quote:
In case anyone wonders why my post was edited to be different to the one jaysay quoted, I edited it because while I was writing it Neil posted the stuff about the editing and deleting of posts which wasn't there when I was writing my post.

I think activity in this thread will cease now anyway, seeing as I have been proved right all along.
To be quite honest I actually think your to nicely nicely to me, there's something that's not quite right about you altogether. For some one who has just joined this site, you seem to know the forum rules inside out upside down, bet there are more long standing members beside myself who would seem to know the rules backwards forwards upside down, there's something not just right, can't put my finger on it yet but I usually do given time
Old 05-03-2011, 14:34   #97
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
To be quite honest I actually think your to nicely nicely to me, there's something that's not quite right about you altogether. For some one who has just joined this site, you seem to know the forum rules inside out upside down, bet there are more long standing members beside myself who would seem to know the rules backwards forwards upside down, there's something not just right, can't put my finger on it yet but I usually do given time
You smell a rat?

I just want to know what the collective noun is, when you have a nest.

Old 05-03-2011, 14:36   #98
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Off topic, but need to know now.

As you know I'm daft. Certainly as far as technology's concerned.

How can we hide the v card, as I don't want that to be responsible for getting more spam?

Thanks.
Click "My Profile" at the top of the page. Then click "Edit Options" second tick box from the top.
Old 05-03-2011, 14:37   #99
God Member

the only thing worse than those that cry racism at every point are those that bow down to them.There are more people here happy with the use of the word than there are that arnt and as usual its somone getting insulted on someone elses behalf that has caused all the fuss

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 14:50   #100
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Click "My Profile" at the top of the page. Then click "Edit Options" second tick box from the top.
Thanks.

Cashy pm'd me the same info, and apparently it's already disabled.

Told you I was daft.

Old 05-03-2011, 22:56   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
there's something that's not quite right about you altogether. For some one who has just joined this site, you seem to know the forum rules inside out upside down, bet there are more long standing members beside myself who would seem to know the rules backwards forwards upside down, there's something not just right, can't put my finger on it yet but I usually do given time
Wow, who would have thought it, I must be crazy, reading the site rules before posting anything like the admins tell you to and being able to remember them a month or so later. Gosh I must be a freakish human being with miracle reading and memory powers.

Not only that but I am actually capable of following the rules too and not break them multiple times per thread. I must be Jesus or something.
ExistenceIsSuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 23:03   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Gosh I must be a freakish human being.
Well thats summat we can agree on.
Old 05-03-2011, 23:09   #103
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I must be Jesus or something.
So what happened to not offending peoples sensibilities !

Me personally, I'm not bothered, but there maybe those who will be. Kettles & pots spring to mind fella, kettles & pots !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 23:16   #104
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Wow, who would have thought it, I must be crazy, reading the site rules before posting anything like the admins tell you to and being able to remember them a month or so later. Gosh I must be a freakish human being with miracle reading and memory powers.

Not only that but I am actually capable of following the rules too and not break them multiple times per thread. I must be Jesus or something.

Messiah complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only one problem though.

You aren't the Messiah.

You're just a naughty li'l moaner.

As you informed us earlier.

The only possible messianic connection is that you too will be crucified.

Old 05-03-2011, 23:27   #105
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
So what happened to not offending peoples sensibilities !

Me personally, I'm not bothered, but there maybe those who will be. Kettles & pots spring to mind fella, kettles & pots !
Some people would consider the taking of the Lord's name in vain as blasphemous.

Many cases of blasphemy have led to prosecutions in British courts.

It might even be tried under the UK's Hate Laws, which cover religious intolerance and ridicule.

Either way, many people, of deeply devoted faith would find such usage highly offensive.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..