Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2005, 14:20   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: London Alert

After an impromtu Accy Web meeting @ The Stag and watching the news, no casualties have been reported, thank God.

The talk on the streets is eventually there will be a backlash. People are sick of being held to ransom and having their lives disrupted, and worse.

Last edited by garinda; 21-07-2005 at 14:54.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-07-2005, 14:26   #17
Member.

I’ve heard this on the news; it strikes me as been rather daft. This person will be undoubtedly shocked but I would have thought that he would have disposed of any damaged clothing. What he won’t be able to readily disguise is the strong smell of Cordite, possible powder burns and a very concerned look on is face. He is likely to be sweating and shaking uncontrollably. Anyone to have suffered the unexpected effects of a flash bang “Thunder Flash” training round will know what I mean. Pity it didn’t disable him painfully. If we get hold of a couple of there’s idiots the intelligence we might gain may just help put a stop to this thing happening again. Just Heard that a chap has been arrested at the MoD. White Hall.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 15:11   #18
Resting in peace

No idea what's going on - mobiles seem to be working, as I've just rung my boss in the car. Lots of sirens, lots of rumours, but very few real facts. We've only just got our road open from the last one, the police cordon came down on Tuesday. Russell Square tube is still cordoned off, for obvious reasons. I intended taking a cab tonight, as I'm off to dinner in a posh frock, and I don't like travelling on the Tube wearing jewellery anyway. Hope I can get one. You probably know more from watching TV than we do here in the thick of it!
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 15:59   #19
God Member

Mobile network has gone down this side....don't know why. Can't do mobile to mobile or even landline to mobile.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 16:04   #20
Member.

Nothing on the News at the moment Tea, Ian Blaire is suggesting you stagger travelling plans so as not to crowd the Streets, Trains and Road network. Just take care all of you and keep your eyes open. This is all a bit suspect and I’m not sure it’s over? Cheerful bastard I know. But just take care. Mobiles might be off as part of security arrangements and to allow greater use on the system by the police and security forces.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-07-2005, 16:53   #21
God Member

I was wondering whilst reading this thread if it could be some kind of idiotic group trying to make a point that security is no better after 7/7 and that there were no major explosives just something to give the bang effect to dummy that realistically it could have been a bomb. Or am I just talking bulls**t??

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 17:21   #22
Resident Waffler

It doesn't sound like the same set up as 2 weeks ago does it? I know we shouldn't jump to wil conclusions but it does sound like some idiots playing copycat. Let's hope they are caught and suitably punished.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2005, 17:40   #23
Member.

I don't think your talking bulls***, it’s possible that that's what was intended. It wouldn’t be the first time…..But I tend to think that this was some kind of decoy or blind attempt to disrupt the city and scare the public. Maybe it could be a prelude to a wider attack. They have the capability they have already proved that, and like the IRA also proved, it doesn’t have to be anything other than a crude device to kill. I think we where lucky today. I don’t think the Police and security services should be criticized either. They are dealing with a more self contain cultural group with lots of passive support from there own people. I think the people of London should be commended for the strength of character that's being displayed.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-07-2005, 19:15   #24
God Member

I'm glad no-ones been seriously injured, regardless of what these people are trying to achieve I find it all quite frightening, it would certainly put me off going to London and other cities come to think about it.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 09:18   #25
Senior Member+

I saw on the news that they think they were meant to kill.

I don't think 4 bombs would not explode properly, so I don't think they were meant to kill, or if they were the lifeform (person is too good a word for this scum) who made the bombs will not be alive for very much longer.

I don't like to say it but I wouldn't be surprised if there is another attack with more devastating consequences.

I for one won't be going to London again soon - I got off lightly last time

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 09:42   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

vorlon i have always felt go with my instincts, whatever yours are telling you follow them,keep safe.
Old 22-07-2005, 10:19   #27
God Member

Gotcha!!!!

Well, it looks like the cops have just taken out one of 'em at Stockwell station. I wonder now how long it will be before the civil liberties mob start screamng about a "shoot-to-kill " policy?
Old 22-07-2005, 10:30   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

armed police have surrounded a mosque in east london reuters says,investingating 2 packages,the report said, just heard an eyewitness from stockwell who said they through the man to the floor of the train and fired 5 shots into him, this may upset the dogooders but if he was involved in the incidents yesterday or other terror incidents-i'm not complaining.
Old 22-07-2005, 10:35   #29
Roy
Administrator

Sounds like an excellent policy to me! They might need to start arming more of the police around the country if this carries on....
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 10:38   #30
God Member

Yeah...there's an awful lot of noise outside. The main road (Shoreditch High) is cordoned off because of the bus bomb from yesterday...meanwhile, there seems alot of police traffic heading East.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..