Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2005, 18:43   #61
Beacon of light

Re: London Alert

Oh...and although I don't read The Times newspaper, the Daily Mail carried the article A-B has posted......word for word. So it is out there in other lowlier newsprint.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-07-2005, 19:02   #62
God Member

I have no problem at all with the Police shooting fleeing suspects - think of the time and money it saves in legal aid and prison accomodation - what I do have a problem with is excitable dung-heads who whine because they are too dim to realise that any so called Shoot- to-Kill policy is aimed at people who are suspected of having the potential to kill or maim others.

I also have a problem with people who spend years claiming social security benefits and preach hate and intolerance, who then fight tooth and nail to stay in the country they profess to hate, loathe and detest because they are terrified of returning to face the consequences of their actions in their country of origin.

I also have a problem with people who refuse to integrate into their adopted society to the extent that they feel the need to set up their own Parliament - People who are only British when it suits them or when they are in trouble or when they are demanding a handout.
Old 23-07-2005, 19:04   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
I have no problem at all with the Police shooting fleeing suspects - think of the time and money it saves in legal aid and prison accomodation - what I do have a problem with is excitable dung-heads who whine because they are too dim to realise that any so called Shoot- to-Kill policy is aimed at people who are suspected of having the potential to kill or maim others.

I also have a problem with people who spend years claiming social security benefits and preach hate and intolerance, who then fight tooth and nail to stay in the country they profess to hate, loathe and detest because they are terrified of returning to face the consequences of their actions in their country of origin.

I also have a problem with people who refuse to integrate into their adopted society to the extent that they feel the need to set up their own Parliament - People who are only British when it suits them or when they are in trouble or when they are demanding a handout.
You could be my twin AB!

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 19:07   #64
God Member

I have always suspected that there is another part of me out there somewhere!
Old 23-07-2005, 19:25   #65
Beacon of light

Maybe even a triplet.......I identify with all those sentiments.
Old 23-07-2005, 19:30   #66
Member.

Eloquently put A-B. Like Margaret I agree with all three sentiments……….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 19:33   #67
God Member

Breaking news from my Bible....

"Statement from Metropolitan Police

We believe we now know the identity of the man shot at Stockwell Underground station by police on Friday 22nd July 2005, although he is still subject to formal identification.

We are now satisfied that he was not connected with the incidents of Thursday 21st July 2005.
For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets.
The man emerged from a house in Tulse Hill that was itself under observation because it was linked to the investigation on Thursday 21st July.
He was then followed by surveillance officers to the underground station. His clothing and behaviour added to their suspicions.
The circumstances that led to the man's death are being investigated by officers from the MPS Directorate of Professional Standards, and will be referred to the IPCC in due course.
Anyone who may have been in or around Stockwell tube station at approximately 10:00, 22/7 and may have heard or seen anything is asked to contact police on 020 8785 8632/8646 or 8639."

Tragic! But I have to say that if I was confronted by several Policemen pointing guns at me and shouting at me to stop and put up my hands, then the last thing it would occur to me to do would be to lead them on a wild chase through a crowded tube station. Or am I being hopelessly old fashioned in this.
Old 23-07-2005, 19:38   #68
I am Banned

a valuable lesson has been learned here i think

you cant run faster than a bullet so do as the police ask or get a well deserved bullet in the head
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 19:41   #69
Beacon of light

All shootings by armed officers are subject to investigation by the Independent Police complaints Commission.......as I said in a previous post......if the police had not shot him and he had blown up the train, then they would be condemned for their inactivity.
Old 23-07-2005, 19:42   #70
Member.

The question I would like to ask is What If………..What if they had not shot him and he had detonated a device on the tube. Is it not a case of dammed if they, dammed if they don’t.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 23-07-2005, 19:43   #71
God Member

Like Chav, I think that this incident, tragic and regretable though it undoubtedly is, demonstrates the willingness of the authorities to shoot first and ask questions later.

About time!

Now, about this Human Rights Act......
Old 23-07-2005, 19:44   #72
Member.

Sorry Margaret, I defer to your Statement, a case of great mind perhaps…….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 23-07-2005, 19:46   #73
Beacon of light

I would prefer a great body.......do you know where I can get one from...?
Ooooooh sorry, that was a bit of nasty thread wander there......smack my hands!
Old 23-07-2005, 20:03   #74
God Member

Smacking is now illegal. As a penance you will have to mop and donkey stone the front step while reciting your nine times tables - twice!
Old 23-07-2005, 22:28   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the 3 sentiments a-b mentioned but put more eloquently than i could/would have done,cos theres children on here,i agree with entirely. from my point of view the guy who was shot,left the authorities with no option.and sends a clear message out, the only thing that puzzles me is the witness who quoted that the officer sat on his chest and fired 5 bullets into his head, i certainly wouldnt sit on any buggers chest if i suspected he had explosives on him,would you? seems strange,but i know nowt about explosives.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..