Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2004, 10:37   #1
Roy
Administrator

Talking Look out for me this aft...

I'm off for my second flying lesson today - will be playing in the southport air show and then I'm coming over to accy - look into the sky at around 5 o clock and wave if you see me!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-09-2004, 11:01   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Look out for me this aft...

hehehehe, I'll wave then run for cover Roy.. Enjoy your lesson.

While you're up there you don't think you could just nip to China and give Sparkologist a lift home do you???

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:14   #3

OH ****!!!!!!! Get the kids and the animals Ellie!! Were going in the bunker!! hehe..

Best of luck mate, and have fun..

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:32   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

He's taking me with him as ballast, the theory is that I sit on the wing tip opposite to the side of the 'plane he's on to balance things out then maybe he'll fly in a straight line!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 20:04   #5
Accrington Web Mascot

He actually invited me along too - I decided against it (I know how he drives a car never mind a plane). Although to reassure me he did say - "There's an instructer next to me and he won't let me do anything stupid." But I still have the same genes as Roy (i.e. I'm mad) which means I did say I'd come along next time! (Oh god)
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 20:42   #6
God Member

I was at Southport today, is this you Roy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg q.jpg (58.2 KB, 81 views)

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2004, 17:25   #7
Roy
Administrator

hehe - that wasn't me unfortunately. Because of the weather they wouldn't let me play out! Grrrrrr.... I was looking forward to getting some up to date overhead views of accrington on the camera! Never mind there's always the next time..
Old 13-09-2004, 18:06   #8
God Member

I also declined the offer.. Not just because I have seen him drive.. I am a softie and dont fly.... It was only after he told me about the spare seat and I declined did he mention it was him flying it... I wonder when he would have told me had I accepted... sneaky so and so......
Old 13-09-2004, 18:07   #9
God Member

haha just seen your location Roy ..... Bar closed is it?
Old 13-09-2004, 19:42   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy
I was looking forward to getting some up to date overhead views of accrington on the camera!
Hmmm, dont ask me to come either Roy, I dont mind going in aircraft but dont want to with a trainee pilot with a camera in one hand and one eye looking through a viewfinder

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2004, 19:42   #11
Roy
Administrator

nope, the bar is open!! But you can't beat accessing the t'internet whilst in the sea - kinda surreal actually.. hehe actually, we don't set sail till 9pm - so we are still in dock at hull but apparently we can still get internet even whilst at sea.

And by the way, shortstuff, i'll hold you to it!! I'll find out the date of the next flight this week!!!

Right, I'm off for a pint......mmmmmmm

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..