Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Eric

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2016, 17:26   #1
God Member

Lost Dogs and a Wino ....

Had to take a walk to the liquor store today. A friend of mine ... 6'5" and well over 300lbs, nicknamed House ... who is staying with me while his home is being renovated managed to drink all my booze, apart from a drop left in a bottle of spiced rum, while I was spending some time with a female friend of mine. As I was walking up to the El Cabo, with his money in my pocket, in order to replenish our supplies, I ran into a guy with a beautiful lab cross. He asked me if I recognized the dog. Evidently, he had found it running around; and using his belt as a makeshift leash was looking for its owners. He said that if he couldn't find anyone who knew the dog, he would take it to the Humane Society. What a decent guy.

Walking past the Tiger a few minutes later, I came upon a wino who was so drunk that he had fallen, even tho' he had a walker. He was in rough shape. Not one passer by passed by. We all stopped to help. We managed to get him to a bench (yes, we still have them all along the sidewalk). One guy went into the Tiger to get him some plastic bags for his booze ... the one he had, had busted. All of us reached in our pockets and gave him some coin: a handful of Loonies, a fin, a sawbuck. Sure he was going to spend it on more booze. But what the hell. There but for the Grace of God .....

I like my town. Folks actually do care.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-10-2016, 17:38   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Lost Dogs and a Wino ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Had to take a walk to the liquor store today. A friend of mine ... 6'5" and well over 300lbs, nicknamed House ... who is staying with me while his home is being renovated managed to drink all my booze, apart from a drop left in a bottle of spiced rum, while I was spending some time with a female friend of mine. As I was walking up to the El Cabo, with his money in my pocket, in order to replenish our supplies, I ran into a guy with a beautiful lab cross. He asked me if I recognized the dog. Evidently, he had found it running around; and using his belt as a makeshift leash was looking for its owners. He said that if he couldn't find anyone who knew the dog, he would take it to the Humane Society. What a decent guy.

Walking past the Tiger a few minutes later, I came upon a wino who was so drunk that he had fallen, even tho' he had a walker. He was in rough shape. Not one passer by passed by. We all stopped to help. We managed to get him to a bench (yes, we still have them all along the sidewalk). One guy went into the Tiger to get him some plastic bags for his booze ... the one he had, had busted. All of us reached in our pockets and gave him some coin: a handful of Loonies, a fin, a sawbuck. Sure he was going to spend it on more booze. But what the hell. There but for the Grace of God .....

Trying to tie the two together, maybe the guy isn't a wino? Just a guy going through the agony of losing his beautiful lab cross and can't imagine life without it.

I'd turn to drink under such circumstances!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 04:12   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Lost Dogs and a Wino ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Nice to hear about a place that seems content with itself & its people, still I'd expect that in Canada, they struck me as being that way inclined.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..