Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2008, 13:11   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Lost For Words.

well said, good post jim.
Old 18-06-2008, 13:24   #17
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Lost For Words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well said, good post jim.
Thank you kind sir.

Thanks also for the nice Karma.
Old 18-06-2008, 13:27   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Thank you kind sir.

Thanks also for the nice Karma.
no sweat, they can't deport me.
Old 18-06-2008, 13:30   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
This whole debacle rests fairly and squarely on being part of an organisation run by un-elected bureaucrats in Brussels known as the EU who regularly come up with crackpot ideas.

It is right to have Human Rights BUT those rights should be lost once a person is convicted of a crime and temporarily lost when charged with a crime. The only rights that a criminal should have are Humane Rights. Those being fed and watered, housed (in prison) afforded medical attention when required, access to a legal representative and not mistreated by being beaten or tortured.

Apparently Abu Qatada has to wear a tag and is curfewed at home for 22 hours per day. I don’t recall anything about receiving visitors and who they can be though nor is he barred from using the phone, Internet etc so he can keep in touch with whatever fifth columnists exist. So he can still preach his hatred of the UK with the blessing of the judiciary.

His release into the community will no doubt mean that the security forces will have to keep him under surveillance, thereby taking them away from seeking out new terrorists.

The art of terrorism isn’t so much about blowing up people and places, although that does have its part, it is also about keeping the security forces on the hop, so to speak.

Releasing Abu Qatada does just that.
possible to prosecute these individuals."Qatada will be subject to a 22-hour curfew - believed to be the toughest yet - and forced to wear an electronic tag, according to papers released by the Special Immigration Appeals Commission (Siac).
The eight-page bail order specifies that Qatada will be barred from associating with certain people, including Osama bin Laden and hate preacher Abu Hamza.
The list of Qatada's banned associates also includes bin Laden's deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri and Rachid Ramda, who has been convicted in France of masterminding a series of bombings in 1995.
Unusually, the document bans Qatada from attending "any mosque".
Qatada is also prevented from leading prayers, giving lectures or "providing religious instruction" to anyone except his wife and children.
Recommend this article
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 13:49   #20
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Lost For Words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
possible to prosecute these individuals."Qatada will be subject to a 22-hour curfew - believed to be the toughest yet - and forced to wear an electronic tag, according to papers released by the Special Immigration Appeals Commission (Siac).
The eight-page bail order specifies that Qatada will be barred from associating with certain people, including Osama bin Laden and hate preacher Abu Hamza.
The list of Qatada's banned associates also includes bin Laden's deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri and Rachid Ramda, who has been convicted in France of masterminding a series of bombings in 1995.
Unusually, the document bans Qatada from attending "any mosque".
Qatada is also prevented from leading prayers, giving lectures or "providing religious instruction" to anyone except his wife and children.
Recommend this article
Much obliged for the detail of the bail order.

So the security forces will have a person parked at his front and back door 24/7 to make sure that he doesn’t go out when he shouldn’t and banned people do not come to visit him, won’t they?

When he does go out legitimately surely there will be a surveillance team following him, to ensure that he adheres to the bail order, won’t there?

Of course there will have to be a tap on his phone so that ties up a few more people. Will anyone coming out be searched for letters from Abu? Will they be followed? And there will have to be a team monitoring his Internet activity.

All in all I can see this bail order costing a small fortune and just as importantly tying up many operatives who could be employed on other projects.
Old 18-06-2008, 13:59   #21
Resting in Peace

I believe they are taking 4 operatives off unit 4 securities crack tortoise rounding up team.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 22:34   #22
God Member

Oh well he is wearing a tag and his mobile phone will be logged I feel so much safer knowing that. The tag can be removed and he no doubt has mobile phones that the police don't know about. We read so many people moaning about how inadequate the police are and yet it is ok to let them make sure this man doesn't break his bail conditions. I for one think he should be in prison, he is a threat to our security
Old 18-06-2008, 23:24   #23
God Member

I am a bit confused....this guy has been in prison for 6 years without any charges? so why do the weeping hearts ( David Davies for example ) start crying and resign over suspects being detained for 42 day's without charge ?... the Tory party were shouting and balling about "human rights" a few day's ago.. were are they now ?

Also I don't really understand what this case has to do with the EU ?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 23:42   #24
God Member

Just to highlight this a quote;
Abu Qatada's case makes a mockery of the 42-day detention debate. He spent six years behind bars without being charged.

Last week, in his resignation statement, the former Tory shadow home secretary David Davis rightly described the 42-day pre-charge detention period for terror suspects that parliament had just authorised as "a monstrosity of a law".

full stuff from here..
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...islam.religion

Now this article may have certain political leanings, but it does point out the total farce of the Tory and Liberal opposition to the 42 day rule.

Last edited by Mancie; 18-06-2008 at 23:49.
Old 18-06-2008, 23:47   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

don't worry mancie, cyfr will probably be along to explain to you.
Old 18-06-2008, 23:51   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
don't worry mancie, cyfr will probably be along to explain to you.
Yeah.. trembling with the thought already !
Old 18-06-2008, 23:58   #27
Give, give, give member

Once again the law is proven to be an ass.

I'd be more than happy if he was detained indefinitely, if that wouldn't be seen as too expensive. Better still deport him to Jordan.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 00:02   #28
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Yeah.. trembling with the thought already !
He's probably preparing leaflets for Mr. Davis at this very moment, saying how this case is in breach of this poor man's human rights, and he shouldn't have been held for such a terribly long time.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 00:13   #29
God Member

Now Now... we should go to the "dairy room" to slag bods off!
Old 19-06-2008, 10:43   #30
Resting in Peace

It now appears that it will cost us £500,000 a year to protect this scumbag, plus what it will cost to keep him and his brood in the lifestyle they're become accustom to, and this is a guy that hates anything british, but apparently not our money, I'd gladly chip in for a one-way ticket back to Jordon for him and his tribe

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..