Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2008, 03:20   #1
Resting in Peace

Lost For Words.

Abu Qatada - possibly the second most wanted man inTHE WORLD has been released on bail.It gets worse.One of the conditions is that he does not meet up with Osama Bin Laden.Now if it were me one of the conditions would have been that he must have Osama round for afternoon tea.I'll hand over now because as i said in the Title I'm lost for words.

Last edited by Benipete; 18-06-2008 at 03:22. Reason: Unusual mistake
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-06-2008, 06:01   #2
God Member

Re: Lost For Words.

why are you so surprised , I just read a report about a couple who are wanted for murder in Pakistan and the British Govt. refuses to hand them over . I guess any Bosinian/Croat/Serb/Rawandan/Congalese/Sudanese/Iranian Ayatollah war criminal will find a free council house and benefits waiting for them anywhere in the UK courtesy of HMs Govt.
Just waiting for the day when Mugabe arrives and asks for political asylum and the British Govt. says ..."oh sorry, we cant send him back , you might abuse his civil/human rights so we have re-settled him and his cannibals in a council houses in Accrington"
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 06:54   #3
God Member

I agree, no surprise as far as I am concerned, we are too soft with our own criminals, but even softer at times with other countries criminals, what was it the government said, relentless pursuit and justice against terrorism? Mmmm, just like everything else the government has promised, codswallop!
Old 18-06-2008, 08:50   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was gonna post that meself lastnight benipete, but fer once i too am speechless.
Old 18-06-2008, 08:54   #5
God Member

I'd say the bloke is less dangerous than these 3;

Quote:
Three senior MPs who sit on Speaker Michael Martin's review into pay and allowances - Labour's Sir Stuart Bell, the Tories' David Maclean and the Lib Dems' Nick Harvey - were revealed to be asking for a 21 per cent pay rise.
Old 18-06-2008, 09:19   #6
Resting in Peace

This somewhat makes a mockery of the 42 day rule, her we have a terrorist scumbag locked up for terrorist offences HMG will not deport him and some bleeding heart liberal judge sets him free, just what is the point. When you think about it, have young people like blazey striving to join the judiciary may not be a bad thing, someone who has been brought up in the real world, nows the values that the ordinary man in the street expects from the system. At the moment we have judges who don't live in the real world they're chauffeur driven from their ivory towers every morning to court and back home again at night and have no concept of what the man in the street feels, if we want to make a difference on law and order get rid of these law lords and replace them with people with more idea of whst life in the sticks is all about
Old 18-06-2008, 10:37   #7
God Member

As I shouted at the telly when it was on the news he shouldn't be in the country never mind on bail!!
Old 18-06-2008, 10:46   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
why are you so surprised , I just read a report about a couple who are wanted for murder in Pakistan and the British Govt. refuses to hand them over . "
give us a break man we cant hand them over until we have housed them , fed them and given them a car to drive around in

didnt you know that the british way is to treat a terrorist so well that he gives up his terrorist ways

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 10:54   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
give us a break man we cant hand them over until we have housed them , fed them and given them a car to drive around in

didnt you know that the british way is to treat a terrorist so well that he gives up his terrorist ways
Well you do have a point accyman its the British way you know old chap, the thing is all these blokes who hate us so much all have loads of kids have never work a ay since they came here, this guy has about 6 or 7 as does Captain Hook, the only thing they do is preach hatered about our way of life, and are protected by Human Rights Laws, it stinks to high heaven
Old 18-06-2008, 10:55   #10
God Member

I forgot to mention earlier that when this was being read out on the BBC news this morning it was then followed by a newsflash that 4 British soldiers had been killed in Afghanistan. So while some stupid pillock of a judge is giving him the right to his freedom, four people were killed trying to stop his sort taking away everybody else's freedom
Old 18-06-2008, 10:59   #11
God Member

unfortunatly british law dosnt mean a damn thing , we have tried to extrodite terrorists beofre under our laws but european law over rides our laws and they get to stay

that abu hook guy is teh best example , we were all set to put his ass on a plane to america and in stepped the european court and made us keep him

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 11:28   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
unfortunatly british law dosnt mean a damn thing , we have tried to extrodite terrorists beofre under our laws but european law over rides our laws and they get to stay

that abu hook guy is teh best example , we were all set to put his ass on a plane to america and in stepped the european court and made us keep him
And don't forget the Human Rights lawyers like Mrs Blair who are making millions out of defending these scumbags, all on legal aid to boot
Old 18-06-2008, 12:27   #13
God Member

All I'd say is think of it from his POV. Would you want to stay in a country where all the racist thugs are out there would be happy for the notoriety of being the man who killed you? If I were him I'd be on a flight out to somewhere I felt safe(OBL's side maybe).

The law might not get him but the lawless might.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 12:32   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
All I'd say is think of it from his POV. Would you want to stay in a country where all the racist thugs are out there would be happy for the notoriety of being the man who killed you? If I were him I'd be on a flight out to somewhere I felt safe(OBL's side maybe).

The law might not get him but the lawless might.
nice idea, but highly unlikely in my view, he has enough dosh to be protected, with donations n benefits.
Old 18-06-2008, 13:09   #15
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Lost For Words.

This whole debacle rests fairly and squarely on being part of an organisation run by un-elected bureaucrats in Brussels known as the EU who regularly come up with crackpot ideas.

It is right to have Human Rights BUT those rights should be lost once a person is convicted of a crime and temporarily lost when charged with a crime. The only rights that a criminal should have are Humane Rights. Those being fed and watered, housed (in prison) afforded medical attention when required, access to a legal representative and not mistreated by being beaten or tortured.

Apparently Abu Qatada has to wear a tag and is curfewed at home for 22 hours per day. I don’t recall anything about receiving visitors and who they can be though nor is he barred from using the phone, Internet etc so he can keep in touch with whatever fifth columnists exist. So he can still preach his hatred of the UK with the blessing of the judiciary.

His release into the community will no doubt mean that the security forces will have to keep him under surveillance, thereby taking them away from seeking out new terrorists.

The art of terrorism isn’t so much about blowing up people and places, although that does have its part, it is also about keeping the security forces on the hop, so to speak.

Releasing Abu Qatada does just that.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..