Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2016, 11:41   #31
Beacon of light

Re: M&M Bankruptcy

Oh, and it doesn't look like a bus to me..It looks like a train( underground, but at an overground location) The seating arrangements on a bus were different to those in the picture.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2016, 12:00   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If thats a bus, I'm a dutchman. Probably in a southern city, were there pig ignorant anyway. lol
Old 02-10-2016, 17:25   #33
Senior Member+

I used the bus yesterday to travel into Accrington bus station.

I work for four hours in the Arndale and parking is only free for three hours.
So easy to walk straight across to the Arndale from the bus.

The big blue bus was clean and smooth. An electronic sign told us which was the next stop and a pre recorded voice announced when we arrived at the bus station and thanked us for using the bus. I even liked the layout of the bus station.
I was pleasantly surprised and now I've finally got a bus pass, 17 years after I could have, I shall use the bus whenever I have a Saturday four hour shift in the Arndale.
But I remembered previous comments on this thread when I looked around and saw five passengers prodding iPhones.
I was told by a customer that the old bus station was now a car park and was very busy so hopefully business's on that side of town won't suffer too much since the bus station closed.
Old 02-10-2016, 17:31   #34
Beacon of light

I have not used the bus station at all.
Yes the old bus station has been turned into a car park but I don't think it has benefitted the shops at that side of town very much.....and when we used the buses from the old station on Peel St. We used to browse the market while we saw the bus coming in(I am pretty sure other folk did the same)..so all that trade is no longer there.
In fact the market on Peel St is almost non existent, except for flea market days.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 02-10-2016, 17:44   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I used the bus yesterday to travel into Accrington bus station.

I work for four hours in the Arndale and parking is only free for three hours.
So easy to walk straight across to the Arndale from the bus.

The big blue bus was clean and smooth. An electronic sign told us which was the next stop and a pre recorded voice announced when we arrived at the bus station and thanked us for using the bus. I even liked the layout of the bus station.
I was pleasantly surprised and now I've finally got a bus pass, 17 years after I could have, I shall use the bus whenever I have a Saturday four hour shift in the Arndale.
But I remembered previous comments on this thread when I looked around and saw five passengers prodding iPhones.
I was told by a customer that the old bus station was now a car park and was very busy so hopefully business's on that side of town won't suffer too much since the bus station closed.
That car park i have been informed is for Blue Badge Holders only, also 1 hr is the allowed time? thing is i was not aware and have parked twice and luckily got away with it.
AccyMad likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 02-10-2016 at 17:47.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 18:15   #36
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That car park i have been informed is for Blue Badge Holders only, also 1 hr is the allowed time? thing is i was not aware and have parked twice and luckily got away with it.
Not all of it is for blue badge holders and I think it's 2 hours. Did you not check the signs when you parked?
Gremlin likes this.
Old 02-10-2016, 18:40   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Not all of it is for blue badge holders and I think it's 2 hours. Did you not check the signs when you parked?
no neil i was only gonna be around 40 mins max so just assumed i could park ok. dumb ok but thats it.
Old 02-10-2016, 19:21   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That is what the customer told me.
Old 02-10-2016, 20:21   #39
God Member

Fairly sure only a couple of spaces near the church are allocated for Blue Badge holders, the rest is standard parking and is for 2 hours
Old 02-10-2016, 21:32   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Fairly sure only a couple of spaces near the church are allocated for Blue Badge holders, the rest is standard parking and is for 2 hours
Cheers Dave, someone told me a pile of crap it seems, takes a Dingle to put me right.
Old 02-10-2016, 21:46   #41

The parking certainly hasn't done the market any good - its like a ghost town there.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 22:14   #42

well its the way thing are with anything to day
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:03   #43
Beacon of light

Have a look at Bury Market...and Chorley market seems to be thriving too.
Much of what has happened in Accrington has been because of council (local and county) apathy and neglect....and lack of ideas and action to improve things.
All top dressing, like the costly surface of Broadway.
AccyMad and Gremlin like this.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:41   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Have a look at Bury Market...and Chorley market seems to be thriving too.
Much of what has happened in Accrington has been because of council (local and county) apathy and neglect....and lack of ideas and action to improve things.
All top dressing, like the costly surface of Broadway.
aye but those that never move there asses,cant comment on that fact.
Old 04-10-2016, 15:30   #45
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Yep. As stayed above in my post. Good guy is harry. I brought him a model subway train back from London as a random surprise

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Now I'm no economist ( my bank statement proves this once a month), however having to keep an amount of money in your accounts against each of your buses surely makes that dead money?
If say I had 3 buses and assuming the figure 3k per bus 9k is tied to the account, you can't use it, so, if one bus blows it's engine and the cost of the replacement is say 5k, that means you can't run 2 of your buses legally because you have to pay for the repair but aren't allowed to because you no longer have 6k in your account even to keep the other two buses even though they may well be roadworthy?
So instead of using perfectly good money that you have, you would be forced to borrow just to keep two thirds of your fleet running.

It seems wrong, perhaps I'm reading it wrong?
Gremlin likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..