Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2016, 06:10   #1
Senior Member+

M&M Bankruptcy

I heard that M&M are facing Bankruptcy and business will end Thursday.

So it's goodbye to considerably cheaper fares Thanks M&M. Your buses was crap but the service was impeccable, you got me to work on time unlike Lancashire United of whom I would never rely upon again to get me anywhere on time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
AccyMad and Busman747 like this.
Old 21-09-2016, 06:31   #2
Beacon of light

Re: M&M Bankruptcy

That is sad.
You are right Rob, the buses were old and rickety, but the drivers were always pleasant and helpful and they were always reliable.
AccyMad, Busman747 and Restless like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 06:35   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The buses were a real heap, but the drivers n service were very good,Will be missed by many.
AccyMad and Restless like this.
Old 21-09-2016, 07:04   #4
JCB

M and M go off the road at noon on Thursday .

Pilkingtons will operate the service I use mostly (Barnfield/Laneside) from Friday morning .

And they are retaining Geoff the regular driver for this route ......a driver who is a friend to the passengers , courteous and helpful .

Let's hope the same happens with the other M and M routes .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 07:16   #5
Beacon of light

Lots of older people in Clayton used these buses and the drivers were always friendly.....many of them greeting the passengers by first names.
The blackburn bus company might have swish new buses, but they still have the sour faced miserable drivers. They could do with some lessons in Customer relations from the drivers of the M&M buses.
I hope the Drivers from the M&M services will find jobs with Pilkingtons(whos e drivers are head and shoulders above the BBC(Blackburn Bus Co).
AccyMad, cashman and JCB like this.
Old 21-09-2016, 07:51   #6
Senior Member+

is that the same Pilkington who had his operators licence revoked a few years ago?
Not being a bus user I wasn't aware Pilkington ran buses anymore.
Old 21-09-2016, 09:26   #7
God Member

My mum & stepdad are regulars on the M & M service from Clayton, the only bus service they have without having to walk quite a distance from where they live & are really upset about this.
Not only at losing the service but as others have said the friendliness, helpfulness & reliability of the drivers.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 10:37   #8
God Member

Update : Apparently Pilky's are going to be carrying on the Clayton service from Friday, only 1 an hour reduced from the half hourly one they had with M & M but much appreciated news all the same
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 12:06   #9
Senior Member+

Yeah I was told that about the Clayton route. Known the driver since I was a little kid getting ice cream from him

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 21-09-2016, 20:15   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Known the driver since I was a little kid getting ice cream from him
You can't just hit and run with that R,Was this chap also your local ice cream van driver?

Does anybody know why this company went bankrupt?
To be honest ,M&M didnt have USB ports,wifi or fancy blue lights lighting up the central isle,they were one step up from a horse and cart.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 20:27   #11
Beacon of light

Jason they provided a transport service to people who neither want or need USB ports.(I can understand the need for USB ports on some buses - but on short journeys they are not necessary).
Most of the people that used these buses do not need to connected...and I would guess that many of them do not even own a mobile phone/device.
They were friendly, reliable and were customer orientated.
OK, their buses were antiquated, but there are going to be people who will miss the service they provided....and will be poorer and more isolated because of their demise.
AccyMad, cashman, JCB and 1 others like this.
Old 21-09-2016, 20:36   #12
God Member

How many goddam bus companies do you have in that town? And whose massive brain fart was it to get rid of Accrington Corporation Transport?
AccyMad likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 21:03   #13
Senior Member+

Would one nationalised bus service not work better or is that no good for those living in rural clayton?

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2016, 21:07   #14
Beacon of light

We had better bus services before de-regulation( or that is my memory of the situation).......and I don't really think that Barnes Square or Sparth Road can be considered rural Jason.
AccyMad, Eric and Gremlin like this.
Old 21-09-2016, 21:07   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Jason they provided a transport service to people who neither want or need USB ports.(I can understand the need for USB ports on some buses - but on short journeys they are not necessary).
Most of the people that used these buses do not need to connected...and I would guess that many of them do not even own a mobile phone/device.
They were friendly, reliable and were customer orientated.
OK, their buses were antiquated, but there are going to be people who will miss the service they provided....and will be poorer and more isolated because of their demise.
I agree with you Margaret,
What sort of life do people live if they can't live without a USB port or Wi Fi for a few minutes.
I can understand business people having use for them on train journeys where they have a table and can use the time travelling productively.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..