Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2015, 10:01   #106
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: M&S Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post

I just do not see this terrible town with nothing going for it. Perhaps my shopping standards are too low.
No Ken its yer I.Q, i'm thinking,not yer shopping standards.
Old 07-03-2015, 13:36   #107
God Member

read it propperly i didnt say asda had them problems i said IF asda had them problems

preston and blackburn may have the odd lout and homeless person begging for change but what neither have is a maundy grange smack in the town or city center encouraging the dreggs to hang about town center

blackburn and preston also have a police presence keeping or at least trying to keep any problem people in check

i go to preston and blackburn quite a lot and can say that in the main areas where shoppers shop i have never had any problems what so ever.If you go to the outskirts of blackburn to where certain pubs are you will start to experience the dreggs but they are confined to that area

preston and blackburn authorities tackle problems HBC stick their heads up their arses and tell everyone they are imagining things

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 14:08   #108
Full Member+

Accrington town centre really has become the most miserable and depressing place. Shopping there isn't what you would call a pleasurable experience. The place has been going down hill for years due to one bad decision after another. The demolition of the old market and cutting in half of the bus station being fine examples of stupidity. The horrible, scruffy excuse for a market that stands there now is just an eyesore. Seems like there are more pigeons than shoppers on Broadway these days.
Old 07-03-2015, 15:24   #109
God Member

try wearing a blindfold and earplugs westendlass it works wonders for HBC and the traffic wardens
westendlass likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 07-03-2015, 17:27   #110
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
read it propperly i didnt say asda had them problems i said IF asda had them problems

preston and blackburn may have the odd lout and homeless person begging for change but what neither have is a maundy grange smack in the town or city center encouraging the dreggs to hang about town center

blackburn and preston also have a police presence keeping or at least trying to keep any problem people in check

i go to preston and blackburn quite a lot and can say that in the main areas where shoppers shop i have never had any problems what so ever.If you go to the outskirts of blackburn to where certain pubs are you will start to experience the dreggs but they are confined to that area

preston and blackburn authorities tackle problems HBC stick their heads up their arses and tell everyone they are imagining things
Its no good trying to tell Ken Moss what yeh said accyman, He is never wrong.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:33   #111
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
......The demolition of the old market and cutting in half of the bus station being fine examples of stupidity.....
I'm fed up hearing the same old nonsense about the old market, it was an ugly concrete mess that would have cost a fortune to maintain and I don't believe it would be busy now if it still stood.
DtheP47 likes this.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:31   #112
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I'm fed up hearing the same old nonsense about the old market, it was an ugly concrete mess that would have cost a fortune to maintain and I don't believe it would be busy now if it still stood.
Quite possibly not, Maundys crowd has been the greatest contributor in my view, and virtually a complete lack of police presence or action.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:43   #113
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Quite possibly not, Maundys crowd has been the greatest contributor in my view, and virtually a complete lack of police presence or action.
I agree, both the Council and Police do nothing about it. They need to work together and address the problem
Old 09-03-2015, 11:55   #114
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I agree, both the Council and Police do nothing about it. They need to work together and address the problem
Its like talking to the wall, telling em that neil, i know first hand.
Old 09-03-2015, 14:03   #115
God Member

Quote:
councilors cant work with each other so how can they be expected to work with anyone else..

i disagree with your comment about the old market though

before they tore it down there was many family buisness's established and new yet the alternative accomodation for the stalls only catered for about %20 of the stalls forcing the rest to either go unemployed until the new market was finished or give up and go work elsewhere

many of those family buisness's would still be operating today if they hadnt been forced out of buissness by the council

preston market is an old ugly market but they left it alone and it continues to have a vibrant trade and an excellent flea market like what accy used to have before the council tore it down

the council basically screwed over local traders to accomodate the likes of game , wilkinsons etc that could have easily opened up in the arndale as it was half empty at the time

Accrington is a great example of what happens when you let underqualified people make big decisions.Our one way system was designed by a bloke who had no driving licence and i doubt any councilor over the past 20 years has a degree in town and city planning or finance

Last edited by accyman; 09-03-2015 at 14:06.
Old 11-03-2015, 22:04   #116

Put the market back on broadway and incorporate it with the empty m & s.
jack preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 22:06   #117

not much reason to go to accy centre now no m& s.
jack preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:59   #118
God Member

Nothing like this happens in Accrington Town Centre so the Observer have clearly got the wrong town.

WATCH: The shocking moments an 'out of control' man launched an attack on a care worker at Accrington's Market Hall were caught on CCTV - Accrington Observer
Old 12-03-2015, 09:44   #119
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Don't worry dave ,Ken will have a good line in bullshine to explain this aberration.
Old 12-03-2015, 14:39   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
things like this may happen in accrington but they are no different to things that happen in any other town..

does that sound more familiar ?

im sure the poor sod with his face stitched up will feel a lot better knowing that incidents like this happen in other towns

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..