Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2014, 12:39   #1
BOB

M&S Accrington

M&S In Accrington to shut in the spring all food staff will moved to new store in Rawtenstall
BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2014, 12:57   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: M&S Accrington

Thats almost right, here is a link to the story

M&S Accrington store to close - Accrington Observer
Old 30-12-2014, 18:09   #3
Full Member+

Just another nail in Accrington's coffin. Sad, but inevitable as the town declines further and further into the abyss which Hyndburn Council has unerringly created by it's apathetic approach to the needs of those they purport to represent.
cashman, accyman and smobile like this.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 18:40   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Just another nail in Accrington's coffin. Sad, but inevitable as the town declines further and further into the abyss which Hyndburn Council has unerringly created by it's apathetic approach to the needs of those they purport to represent.
Thats what i call "A nail on the head"
Old 30-12-2014, 18:41   #5

Devastating, maybe Ossy Mills will do the same as when Woolworth's shut down, and take on the vacated unit.
Old 30-12-2014, 18:54   #6
I am Banned

Mrs P unconsolable....... no more £10 meal deals !!!
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 19:22   #7
Full Member+

What a bomb shell. Cannot understand why they think Rawtenstall will be better than Accy. I think it will have a great influence on the takings at other shops too sadly. Hope M&S live to regret the decision.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 19:39   #8
God Member

i think M&S should be commended on sticking it out as long as they did.It wasnt too long ago they nearly went bust like woolworths and they could have easily shut the accrington branch but decided to keep it going

its just a pitty the council didnt support the traders and continues not to support them by allowing the town center to fall further and further down the crapper

where are all these councilors that pointed fingers at the tory lot saying they could do a better job?

could you imagine walking around accy considering starting a buisness never mind finding teh desire to keep on going?

how lancsdave has put up with it as long as he has ought to get him a medal
Stumped likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 20:22   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
Cannot understand why they think Rawtenstall will be better than Accy.

Because the most frequent bus service out of Accrington is the one to Rawtenstall

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
how lancsdave has put up with it as long as he has ought to get him a medal
No medals needed, I have a plan, unlike the council
Old 30-12-2014, 20:34   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

No medals needed, I have a plan, unlike the council
has anyone told the council that "operation stand in a meeting patting each other on the back like nothings wrong" isnt working ?

or has operation "stick your head in the sand" been given the green light ?

all joking aside dave its a bloomin shame the coucnil offers no support at all for people trying to make a honest living

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 30-12-2014, 21:03   #11
Full Member+

It seems to me that nobody on Hyndburn council gives a monkeys about Accrington town centre. What a wasteland it has become from the days when it was a thriving little town. Is it something to do with the big supermarkets that surround the town now? Money talks when it comes to big business and ,I think, the little man can go and swivel in their eyes. Whats the point in the new bus station too? Accy is in its death throws.
Stumped likes this.
Old 30-12-2014, 21:57   #12
God Member

from postings on facebook at least one councilor has made the effort to talk to the traders its just a pitty the mojority of them arnt the same

if at least 51% of councilors were willing to do something they could but sadly it seems not enough of them have a say so get outvoted

Old 30-12-2014, 22:28   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Whats the point in the new bus station too?

To take shoppers to Rawtenstall!!
Less, DtheP47 and maxthecollie like this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 23:17   #14

Accrington needs a sparkling new bus station so it can be admired as we all leave to shop in neighbouring town's. Can't wait for the Manchester train service to come too. So much to look forward to...
Stumped likes this.
Old 31-12-2014, 07:21   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Because the most frequent bus service out of Accrington is the one to Rawtenstall
I can't see 1) people catching the bus to the valley in any great numbers or 2) it even figuring in M & S's plans, ld.
Be interesting to see how big a car park they will build if any.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..