Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By anzac

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2015, 15:58   #1
BOB

m&s delay store closure

late summer now Marks and Spencer delay Accrington store closure - Accrington Observer
BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2015, 16:01   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: m&s delay store closure

Aye to suit M@S not the staff.
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 11-04-2015, 16:06   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aye to suit M@S not the staff.
Isn't that always the way with these big companies
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 16:18   #4
God Member

i hope this dosnt drag into one of those were closing but taking 10 years to do it sort of thing .I think the staff have a right to know what their future holds regarding their employment and i hope even further that they dont use this as an excuse to bring in zero hour contracts so they can employ short term so they can just dump people when they decide to finally shut.

sort of good news for the town but how long lived it will be time will tell

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 17:59   #5
Senior Member+

We know it is going to close so get used to the idea of it not being there and stop using it except as a walk through to the Arndale.
Old 11-04-2015, 18:07   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
We know it is going to close so get used to the idea of it not being there and stop using it except as a walk through to the Arndale.
my first thought was stuff em and say someting similar but then i thought at least staff are getting a bit longer to preppare alternative employment

whats most likely happened is that M&S got an unexpected proffit last end of year report which was down to tehir cothes range finally taking off and making a better proffit than expected.Accrington M&S has a large clothes area and they wont want to loose it just yet as its making money

my concerns are that they are looking for elsewhere to sell clothes rather than look into keepng in accrngton

i think someone at the top has made a mistake and rather than admit it is trying to dig themselves out of the hole they made rather than keep a proffitabel shop

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 21:55   #7

Most of the staff are being transferred to the New M & S in Rawtenstall. I think it's more than that site is not ready rather than the wish to stay in Accrington.
maxthecollie likes this.
anzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:38   #8

What nobody seems to mention though, is M&S have purchased the petrol station at Brownhill in Blackburn. And are currently re-fitting it, they are converting the car wash into a cafe. Maybe until this is complete Accy will stay open.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..