Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree124Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2017, 16:04   #31

Re: Madeleine McCann

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
what happened was the British press kicked up such a fuss about 2 Britain's been detained by police in Portugal that the UK government got involved trying to garnish favor with the British public and applied pressure for then to be released

the British press and government pretty much destroyed any chance of them been brought to justice by annihilating the Portuguese investigation and their credibility

the parents literally became untouchable and toxic to any prosecution case without %100 slam dunk evidence

normally a parent or parents in these circumstances would be dragged in and interrogated properly but thanks to papers like the SUN and a government willing to do anything to garnish public approval poor Madelaine's murderers will never pay for their crime who ever they were

cough mum and dad cough did it cough
The parents are as guilty as sin accyman they know exactly what happened to the poor little girl
accyman likes this.
Lord Love Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2017, 16:30   #32
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

How things have changed way back when the unfortunate news of her abduction broke, I suggested that the parents where possibly to blame because they left her and others alone and was berated for being cold hearted, people changed their avatar to a yellow ribbon swearing they wouldn't change it back until the poor child was found.
Well, she's still missing, the parents can't change what it is they had done, I just hope other parents have learnt from this and won't leave their children vulnerable whilst on holiday.
Unfortunately in this world they always need protecting from evil folk.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2017, 16:36   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i said at the time they should be prosecuted, and the do-gooders didn't like it, but i'm used to that.
bernie94, Gremlin and maxthecollie like this.
Old 14-03-2017, 21:14   #34
Full Member+

I agree Cashman. Most parents enjoy holidays with their kids. Daytime spent on the beach and doing all the things kids love to do and maybe a drink or two after they are asleep but
within hearing of them. The McCanns put the children in a childrens club during the day while they went off water skiing amongst other things because they' worked long hours and deserved a holiday. ' thats according to their book about it all. Whatever the truth the parents have to live with their actions for the rest of their lives. I hope they never have a good nights sleep ever.
AccyMad, cashman, bernie94 and 3 others like this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 12:34   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i said at the time they should be prosecuted, and the do-gooders didn't like it, but i'm used to that.
When you go on holiday as a family, the children are part of that and should not be left alone . Especially in a place they are not familiar with.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 08:18   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
When you go on holiday as a family, the children are part of that and should not be left alone . Especially in a place they are not familiar with.
when you go on holiday as a family you dont take medication to frug your kids so they are out cold and go getting wasted with your mates

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 10:41   #37
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
when you go on holiday as a family you dont take medication to frug your kids so they are out cold and go getting wasted with your mates
No, your absolutely right mate, those (certain) modern parents you see round the town centres today would take their little darlings with them to get wasted too!
Gremlin likes this.
Old 18-03-2017, 12:46   #38
Full Member+

Ben Needham was missing for years long before Madelaine disappeared but his family never had the money from the government or the help from the police that the Mcanns have. There must be umpteen other families that feel very bitter at the unfairness when they have had no or very little help to find their loved ones. I know in recent years Ben's case has been relooked at and a new search was organised but no where near on the same scale .
BOB, Less, AccyMad and 3 others like this.
Old 21-03-2017, 16:57   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
No, your absolutely right mate, those (certain) modern parents you see round the town centres today would take their little darlings with them to get wasted too!
about 10 years back i went to spain and i kinda got the idea of what was waiting up stairs in the club when there was a row of prams with babies asleep in them downstairs in the reception area.

I kid you not these were new borns almost just dumped in prams out of sight and out of mind by british mothers and fathers

that was the one and only night we spent in the area we spent the rest of the holiday in barcelona about an hours train ride away

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 18:10   #40
Full Member+

Why anyone would take very young children abroad is beyond me. Toddlers love playing on a beach making sand castles and paddling and any beach will do for them. There are some beautiful places around Britain which are ideal for family holidays. In my opinion most couples who take kids abroad go for their own sakes, drinking mostly nothing to do with a family holiday. Selfish in the extreme.
cashman and Gremlin like this.
Old 22-03-2017, 10:36   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
Why anyone would take very young children abroad is beyond me. Toddlers love playing on a beach making sand castles and paddling and any beach will do for them. There are some beautiful places around Britain which are ideal for family holidays. In my opinion most couples who take kids abroad go for their own sakes, drinking mostly nothing to do with a family holiday. Selfish in the extreme.
That is something we have ALWAYS thought, never took our kids abroad when they were kids, always went to camps in the U.K. were there were activities for em, even if weather was bad,when they started big school was first time we took ours they would be 12/13 ish, though if twas a bad day there was sod all for em, really we thought they needed to be a few years older.
Old 22-03-2017, 11:53   #42
Full Member+

We never took ours abroad simple reason we could not afford to. We used to have 2 weeks down south. 6 or 7 years at a sea front hotel in Weymouth which they loved and still have very fond memories of being in the sea in a dinghy , skimming stones early morning and meeting friends who we had met while there. The water there is shallow for a long way out so very safe for children and the tide does not come in far so once we were plonked down that was it no moving for the tide. There were swing boats on the beach and trampolines and there was a Punch & Judy. perfect for kids. Ours still talk about their hols there. The last weekend of our holiday was usually Navy Day at Portland so we would get there after packing the car up and stay there all day leaving etfor home about 7.30pm. The kids would be asleep in no time so a quite drive home arriving just after midnight. Car straight into garage and unpack later that day. perfect.
BOB likes this.
Old 22-03-2017, 22:50   #43
Senior Member+

Our holidays when the children were young was Brixham and a few other places along the South coast - For a few years Gorleston, Happisburgh and Yarmouth and plenty of others on the Norfolk coast sufficed for day trips, a lot depended on leave rosters and money. When they were young they were never left alone at night, we took turns or hired a baby sitter, lucky that there were nearly always some young teenage girls on Married Quarters who liked the extra spending money for baby sitting. Theidea of giving them a good dose of Kalpol and leaving them alone - no way. Young children could awake for the least thing, tummy aches, a tooth ready to erupt, a bad dream, anything could wake them and then they needed the comfort of an adult. How someone came to the decision to fund this three ring circus I will never understand.
Old 24-03-2017, 08:57   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Our holidays when the children were young was Brixham and a few other places along the South coast - For a few years Gorleston, Happisburgh and Yarmouth and plenty of others on the Norfolk coast sufficed for day trips, a lot depended on leave rosters and money. When they were young they were never left alone at night, we took turns or hired a baby sitter, lucky that there were nearly always some young teenage girls on Married Quarters who liked the extra spending money for baby sitting. Theidea of giving them a good dose of Kalpol and leaving them alone - no way. Young children could awake for the least thing, tummy aches, a tooth ready to erupt, a bad dream, anything could wake them and then they needed the comfort of an adult. How someone came to the decision to fund this three ring circus I will never understand.
Thing is Barrie, these were Medical People, not local numpties,so NO EXCUSE at all to me for what they did.
Less, Gremlin and Rowlf like this.
Old 24-03-2017, 16:07   #45
Senior Member+

I see that they have lost another court case in Portugal - where does the money come from to fund these court appeals?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..