Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree251Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2017, 12:36   #136

Re: Manchester Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yesterday he said he did not agree with a 'shoot to kill' policy for terrorists.
There was an uproar, so today he said he didn't mean it.
He is the man who would encourage more of these people to come here, he would give them places to live, he would give them money to live off...and they would reward his'kindness' by murdering us.

Now, the government are finally saying that it is time to get tough on terrorists...but their 'tough' is still too soft and will do little other than making Muslims feel like they are being targeted.

There has to be an answer, however unpalatable that might be...the only other option is to have these murderers regularly slaughtering innocent people.
Tourists will stop coming to our cities and it will all be because no one has the cojones to step up and get these Muslim murderers out of our communities.
As to the Muslim communities...lots of platitudes but little in the way of action. Doesn't cut it for me.

I am not racist, I am not a xenophobic. I can live peaceably alongside my neighbours. I can tolerate people who come here for mutual benefits for both them and the country.
What I cannot stomach is people who have malicious intent towards the people of the country they (or their parents)chose to come to.
Spot on there Margaret
Lord Love Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-06-2017, 14:24   #137
Beacon of light

Jeremy Corbyn has been scathing about Theresa Mays record whilst Home Sevretary.
The fact that she cut the police numbers.
He thinks it is simple to conjure money for services out of thin air.
What he hasn't said is that the previous(Labour) government left the country's finances in a parlous state. So much so, that George Osborne cut the funding to many government departments...what Theresa May did was try to balance the books.
Had the chancellor borrowed to sort out the finances, then that would have been wrong as well.

I hope everyone remembers these things when they go to vote later this week.

You cannot enrich the poor by impoverishing the rich.
For everyone who does not work, the money has to be earned by those who do work...and see nothing for their work.
For what is given, must first be taken from someone else.
Everything has to be paid for by someone.
Jeremy Corbyn is the terrorists friend, the ally of the EU, he will bring in many more immigrants,destroy trade... he thinks that if you want more services you can just go and shake the money tree
Barrie Yates and hilleluk like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 14:40   #138
God Member

a terrorist dosnt care how many officers are present on the streets they only care how many people will get caught in the blast and if there are police among them the more the merrier as far as they are concerned

also lets have a think as to why there have been cuts

oh yes labour bankrupted the country and now diane abbot wants to pay police £30 per week and her sidedick has voted against almost all legislation if not all legislation that woudl have increased anti terrorism laws

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:46   #139

All this is getting too adversarial for me. I'll keep my mouth shut in future .
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:54   #140
Beacon of light

Please don't do that Jim. It all gives interest and balance.
I like to read your postings, and it is nothing personal.

Sometimes discussions get heated, but that is because there is a passion behind what the poster is trying to get across.
Sometimes this is the only place that the views they hold can get an airing...and you never know, someone in the political scene might just look and get what worries the person in the street.
Busman747, cashman and hilleluk like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 07-06-2017 at 06:56.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:45   #141
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Please don't do that Jim. It all gives interest and balance.
I like to read your postings, and it is nothing personal.

Sometimes discussions get heated, but that is because there is a passion behind what the poster is trying to get across.
Sometimes this is the only place that the views they hold can get an airing...and you never know, someone in the political scene might just look and get what worries the person in the street.
Where were you when I needed backup on facebook after making my "they are only telling us what they think we want to hear" comment when the Labour party posted a nice speech by a local Imam?
Old 07-06-2017, 10:48   #142
Beacon of light

Neil...I am sure that you know from long past experience of my posts, I DO NOT DO FACEBOOK...not now not next week, not EVER!

The platitudes that have come from all areas...Imams, the Muslim Council of Britain, all sides and colours of the political spectrum.
All of it hot air. Worth nothing.
Jeremy Corbyn is despicable in his opportunistic use of the latest attack. He has made mileage of what he sees as the failings of Theresa May(she was only trying to stay in budget), but sees absolutely nothing wrong in his support for terrorism...he meets them, greets them and every single attempt to thwart terrorism he has voted against...this is since 1983.

He is a hypocrite of the first order and is not fit to lead the Whit walk, let alone this country.

God help us if he gets in tomorrow.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:59   #143
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Neil...I am sure that you know from long past experience of my posts, I DO NOT DO FACEBOOK...not now not next week, not EVER!

The platitudes that have come from all areas...Imams, the Muslim Council of Britain, all sides and colours of the political spectrum.
All of it hot air. Worth nothing.
Jeremy Corbyn is despicable in his opportunistic use of the latest attack. He has made mileage of what he sees as the failings of Theresa May(she was only trying to stay in budget), but sees absolutely nothing wrong in his support for terrorism...he meets them, greets them and every single attempt to thwart terrorism he has voted against...this is since 1983.

He is a hypocrite of the first order and is not fit to lead the Whit walk, let alone this country.

God help us if he gets in tomorrow.
That sums it up very well in my view, also worth saying the cuts in my view came as a result of Labour leaving us skint, that seems to be overlooked by all the clowns supporting J.C.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:26   #144
Beacon of light

Yes, I think I noted that the previous Labour government had a lot to do with WHY the austere approach to budgets within government departments were needed.

Today we have that clown David Lammy saying that Theresa May is weak because she has made so many U turns.
Theresa May has made changes because the circumstances in recent events have made her re-evaluate what she needs to do.
It is only a fool who stays on the same course when they can see the iceberg approaching.
Do these people think we, the electorate haven't got the brains to bless ourselves with or what?
Do other people swallow these statements whole without chewing them over?

Jim...don't answer those last two questions
hilleluk likes this.
Old 07-06-2017, 13:57   #145

Margaret, I'm sorry but I am still voting Labour
Shurm likes this.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 14:42   #146
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well understandable Corbyns new Home Secretary voted AGAINST article 50. another dimwit who dont accept democracy. also she quit as shadow home secretary cos she thought Corbyn was useless.
st06nc2 and hilleluk like this.

Last edited by cashman; 07-06-2017 at 14:45.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 15:44   #147
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well understandable Corbyns new Home Secretary voted AGAINST article 50. another dimwit who dont accept democracy. also she quit as shadow home secretary cos she thought Corbyn was useless.
She not totally daft then
cashman and hilleluk like this.
Old 07-06-2017, 16:53   #148
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Margaret, I'm sorry but I am still voting Labour
Don't be sorry Jim(it is entirely your choice and I respect that)...what you need to be is very afraid!
If they get in we will be proper sunk!
KiTChener, cashman and Gremlin like this.
Old 07-06-2017, 18:00   #149
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

No need at all to be sorry, at least hes voting.
Old 07-06-2017, 20:37   #150
I am Banned

MP in four-letter blast at blind man: 'Out of my way' Labour whip shouts at reporter | Daily Mail Online
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..