Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree251Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2017, 18:07   #181
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Manchester Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And there I was hoping you could teach me how to do a 'footballers spit'.(I know you had a misspent youth)
Nope, never had T.B. nor played football.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-06-2017, 19:20   #182
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Sadly, in discussion with folk today, I think I've met the 95% Graham was referring to!
They either said I can't be arsed to vote or claimed it was too complicated for them and therefore they would vote the way they always do (both labour & tory).
Too complicated all you gotta do is put a flaming cross in a box and put it in another box
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 19:22   #183
I am Banned

As a UKIP supporter I had to vote for the better option, henceforth my vote went to the Tories, anything to keep labour out of power and away from the treasury
Old 08-06-2017, 19:38   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Too complicated all you gotta do is put a flaming cross in a box and put it in another box
Nope not complicated at all, it was devised with a cross so that even the illiterate could vote, unfortunately there seem to be many that can't even live up to that standard, (perhaps because they are used to others doing the work for them?)
Old 08-06-2017, 20:13   #185
I am Banned

Not even like the voting is only early in morning, so the youth have no reason not to vote. I'm 22 and was 2nd time voting
Old 08-06-2017, 20:24   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Not even like the voting is only early in morning, so the youth have no reason not to vote. I'm 22 and was 2nd time voting
It's not an age thing, many young folk take voting very seriously, as do some folk all the way across the age range, unfortunately we all get bored to death by the complainers of all ages that moan no matter which party runs the country until a day like today, suddenly although they still complain their whining becomes, 'why should I vote, it makes no difference', of course their not voting makes a difference and if they actually got off their backsides and voted it might even make a big difference.

No matter what your age, no matter whom it was you voted for, at least if you make the effort to go to the polling booth and make a cross you are working for your and other peoples future, you can complain about the outcome with a clear conscience.
AccyMad, cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 08-06-2017, 20:47   #187
I am Banned

General election 2017: Jeremy Corbyn voters threaten to riot if Labour lose | UK | News | Express.co.uk
Old 08-06-2017, 20:54   #188

Sooooo, from this we can assume, one vote, one party or else we will put you against the wall come the revolution?

What a bag of Shiite, aren't we supposed to be uniting against terrorism not condoning it?
Old 08-06-2017, 21:04   #189
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Sooooo, from this we can assume, one vote, one party or else we will put you against the wall come the revolution?

What a bag of Shiite, aren't we supposed to be uniting against terrorism not condoning it?
I'm sure if we leave some humous and a hackey sack out that'll settle the lefty hippies down
Old 08-06-2017, 21:13   #190
Beacon of light

So what they are saying is much like the remoaners...they only like democracy if the vote goes their way.
If it doesn't they will chuck their toys out of the pram...very mature, very grown up.
They don't agree with the majority of the electorate, so they will work to undermine a duly elected government.
Well, let's see what happens.
Maybe the incoming government (if Tory)will pass legislation to deter civil unrest, strikes and the like.
The days of strikes are long past.
People do not want to lose money participating in useless strikes.Strikes which will do nothing to further their cause.
In the long run they cannot see that this will wreck THEIR future...businesses will fold, jobs will go and it will be due to the short sighted stupidity of these morons.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 21:25   #191
I am Banned

Looking like a hung parliament only way Tories will get majority is if they form a coalition with the DUP
Old 09-06-2017, 08:09   #192
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1195627]So what they are saying is much like the remoaners...they only like democracy if the vote goes their way.
If it doesn't they will chuck their toys out of the pram...very mature, very grown up.
seems to be the way of the world now. like him or not in the usa trump got elected and what did that bring, loads of protests and that is supposed to be a home of democracy. same with brexit. if you don,t like a vote democratically done then start to stir the manure till you get what you want.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:11   #193
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1195666]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
So what they are saying is much like the remoaners...they only like democracy if the vote goes their way.
seems to be the way of the world now. like him or not in the usa trump got elected and what did that bring, loads of protests and that is supposed to be a home of democracy. same with brexit. if you don,t like a vote democratically done then start to stir the manure till you get what you want.
Which demonstrates perfectly,how pathetic some people are.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:12   #194
Beacon of light

Or as my granny used to say ' they want all their own road and a bag to put it in'!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 18:34   #195
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Getting back to the theme, British Military veterans marched today through London to demand action against "Muslim terrorism", looking at the MSM, Al Beeb, is significantly "AWOL" in so far as reporting the event ..... no surprise there then!

WATCH: 'Veterans Against Terrorism' Demand Action

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..