Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree251Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2017, 05:09   #1
Senior Member+

Manchester Arena

Woke up this morning to another tragedy.19 dead and others injured,my thoughts go out to the family and friends of those effected.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc...s/amp/40007886

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2017, 05:26   #2
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Manchester Arena

Not a pleasant headline to wake to, as yet there's no concrete confirmation of the cause but the indicators & the press are all pointing the same way! Should things pan out that this is terrorist in nature I really hope the government actually do take some decisive & brutal action & not spout the usual pish poor spineless platitudes.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 23-05-2017, 05:53   #3

With nuts and bolts being strewn all over the place, I doubt it can be anything else other than a terrorist\suicide attack.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 06:18   #4
Beacon of light

It seems from reports, that this was a suicide bomber.
my thoughts go out to all those affected by this atrocity.
Young people(some of them only children) enjoying a pop concert, taken out of their life by a selfish Islamic terrorist.

Manchester has been the subject of terror in the past...it did not stop the good people from getting on with their lives.
Islamists will not stop the tough Mancunians.
It is time for the moderate Muslims to monitor their own people...but my guess is that they won't
hilleluk likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 23-05-2017 at 06:20.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 07:05   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Another tragedy Its time for the Police @ Government to be given more powers,cos all suspects its impossible to watch as we all know,so the POWER to remove ALL these sympathisers must be given, it certainly will not stop it,but it sure must reduce the odds of these things occurring.
Morecambe Ex Pat likes this.
Old 23-05-2017, 07:18   #6
Beacon of light

There are messages praising this atrocity on various social media.
These people should be tracked down and dealt with.
This person had friends, family, colleagues...someone must have known his/ her leanings and should have reported him.
Until moderate Muslims monitor their own communities,report those who have malicious intent, there will be continued suspicion.
Islam a religion of peace!
Old 23-05-2017, 09:18   #7

Donald Trump, making a speech today in Palestine called these people who commit these bombings as LOSERS, and that is exactly what they are LOSERS.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 09:20   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
Donald Trump, making a speech today in Palestine called these people who commit these bombings as LOSERS, and that is exactly what they are LOSERS.
Aye i listened to him, Trump the man who the media vilify, has more sense than the dicks that slag him off imho.
Old 23-05-2017, 09:22   #9

Totally agree, the man is a breath of fresh air.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 09:47   #10
Senior Member+

Our condolences to the families who have suffered death or injury, also to the people who were fortunate to escape injury but were there and probably will be for the rest of their lives. Haven't seen any claims for the atrocity, but no doubt that will be forthcoming soon.
Old 23-05-2017, 13:42   #11
Full Member+

The so called Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the atrocity. A 23 yr old man has been arrested in South Manchester apparently in connection with it. The bomber was known to the authorities . A lot of people at the concert say the security was very lax and bags were not searched . ofcourse checking every person's bag etc would cause queues going into a venue but surely it would be worth it to feel more safe. I have felt sick all day as my daughter and her friend were due to go this coming Saturday to see Take That in the arena and the thought of it happening then instead of yesterday turns my blood cold. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the dead and injured.
hilleluk likes this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 14:42   #12
Beacon of light

This bomber was in the foyer, a place where bags are not checked. You can go into the foyer to buy tickets...is is not under the same scrutiny as the other entrances.
He may never have actually been in the arena. Bags are searched before you go into the venue..and ues queues do build up(I have been to the Manchester Arena a few times and bag checks when I was there were thorough(though I accept it may have changed now).
The bomber may not have had the explosive device in his bag, it may have been under his clothes, so would not have been picked up on a bag check.

Islamic state are going to claim it as one of theirs...it was(as far as they are concerned) a successful 'hit'.

I am just so sad for the parents who have lost children. (your children remain so no matter how old they are)

I am very angry that yet again a person of British nationality has perpetrated an act of hostility and terror.
He is NOT British...even if he was born here, raised here and holds a British passport. He obviously did not identify with the nation, he preferred to align himself to a barbaric seventh century creed.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 23-05-2017 at 14:45.
Old 23-05-2017, 14:52   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thats just the trouble the clowns will say HE IS British.
bernie94 and Morecambe Ex Pat like this.
Old 23-05-2017, 14:57   #14
Beacon of light

The clowns are wrong Cashy...they are calling him British to try to defuse racial tension...but if he is British then I don't want to be anymore.
Old 23-05-2017, 15:18   #15

People who commit these despicable acts have renounced their citizenship to any civilized nation. From my perspective they have also renounced their membership of the human race.
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..