Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 00:23   #16
God Member

Re: manifesto

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the working day would be 12-00 till 13-00,with an hour for dinner, would be my first on the list.
I vote you in cashy x

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2007, 11:05   #17
God Member

1.make it illegal for landlords to own more than 4 houses at a time plus the estate agents who consantly bring areas down by renting out to drug paodophile scum .
2.all houses empty for more than 4 years to be compulsory purchased whatever area they are in.
3.all probation halfway houses to be built or be in empty industrial units[keep the scum away from our children]after all they are our future.
4.build more youth clubs or use alternative accomodation for youth clubs [whatever area they are in .there is a shortage of youth clubs in certain areas i.e oaklea milnshaw.[possibly use urc stanley etc]
5.treat all wards in the borough council equally[certain areas are probably paying less council tax per population and getting more spending on it. why should the average working person be penalised for working and following rules.its not a crime to work.this is only part one
Old 11-08-2007, 11:08   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
-Legalise prostitution.

-Flat rate of income tax @25% for all.

-Leave the E.E.C.

-Abolish the Royal Family, though her Majesty the Queen would be eligible to stand in the elections to vote for a head of State.

-Make the benefit system unattractive as a career choice.

-Scrap tuition fees and loans for students, and reintroduce the grant system.

-Tax cars more and put the money into improving the public transport system.

-Tighten immigration rules, especially for illegal immigrants.

-Scrap the television licence fee.

-Outlaw sportswear and training shoes, for those not actually playing sport.
what a legend lol. you'd get my vote garinda
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:22   #19
God Member

6. ban all international call centres from phoning anybody in britain .if companies want to sell in britain they might as well employ somebody in britain that has a half an idea that no means no.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:23   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
But he will have already paid for the Doctor through national insurance!.. must have slipped your memory eh Cyfr (typical Tory)
Errm yes but not his degree, which is what we're talking about. Not wages and such, right?

Don't just add "typical Tory" on to things, if I was a typical Tory i'd be shouting "Why should people who work in Mcdonalds fund peoples degrees?" from the rooftops, where as im arguing the complete opposite.

So maybe you are the "typical Tory" eh Mancie?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:25   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
6. ban all international call centres from phoning anybody in britain .if companies want to sell in britain they might as well employ somebody in britain that has a half an idea that no means no.
thats a good one aswell. i keep getting people ringing our house who cant even speak english trying to sell me things down the fone.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:26   #22
God Member

7. bring the advertising laws up to date some companies just tell blatant lies in their advertisements.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:49   #23
God Member

raise the legal age for driving cars and motorbikes to 21 plus make it part of the education system to teach road safety.i.e let them behind a wheel with instructors on private land like an introduction..plus let them know the green issues and the positives by travelling by public transport.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:57   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
plus let them know the green issues and the positives by travelling by public transport.

I think most people know that already, excpet those responsible for running a good public transport system of course.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:57   #25
God Member

Wouldn't be able to think up a manifesto for everything, but one point that I think would help [adding on from cmonstanley's & lancsdave's points] would be bringing back nationalisation of British rail and bus companies. Like lancsdave said, if the majority of public transport was worth the effort then a lot more people would use it. Right now it stinks. Quite literally a lot of the time!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 14:34   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Wouldn't be able to think up a manifesto for everything, but one point that I think would help [adding on from cmonstanley's & lancsdave's points] would be bringing back nationalisation of British rail and bus companies. Like lancsdave said, if the majority of public transport was worth the effort then a lot more people would use it. Right now it stinks. Quite literally a lot of the time!
I prefer them as they are at the moment but then up here there is only the odd problem and they are pretty frequent. Buses every 10-15 mins to Falkirk trains to Glasgow-Edinburgh-Stirling every 15-30 mins depending on which station I use. Yes there could be improvements but sometimes private ownership can bring out the best as well as the worst in them. As it stands the traffic is that bad and heavy on roads that it dosnt matter if its bus or car you use. Even getting to the train station is governed by the amount of traffic so it might be considered a poisoned chalice to take it on.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 15:31   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
-Legalise prostitution.

-Flat rate of income tax @25% for all.

-Leave the E.E.C.

-Abolish the Royal Family, though her Majesty the Queen would be eligible to stand in the elections to vote for a head of State.

-Make the benefit system unattractive as a career choice.

-Scrap tuition fees and loans for students, and reintroduce the grant system.

-Tax cars more and put the money into improving the public transport system.

-Tighten immigration rules, especially for illegal immigrants.

-Scrap the television licence fee.

-Outlaw sportswear and training shoes, for those not actually playing sport.
Plus...

-Withdrawl of British troops from Iraq as soon as is humanly possible.

-Deunification of the United Kingdom. If Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland want their own parliaments let them go it alone. This would prevent the ludicrous situation we have at the moment were Scottish M.P.'s are voting on issues in Westminster that only affects English and Welsh law.

Also we now have the situation were Scottish senior citizens don't have to sell their homes to pay for residential care if they need it, unlike their English counterparts. Also Scottish students don't have to pay for university tuition fees, unlike the English.

-End the drugs postcode lottery. If a patient needs a particular drug treatment, let them have them. This should not come down to where you live, and if the relevant local health authority can afford it or not.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 15:50   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Plus...

-Withdrawl of British troops from Iraq as soon as is humanly possible.

-Deunification of the United Kingdom. If Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland want their own parliaments let them go it alone. This would prevent the ludicrous situation we have at the moment were Scottish M.P.'s are voting on issues in Westminster that only affects English and Welsh law.

Also we now have the situation were Scottish senior citizens don't have to sell their homes to pay for residential care if they need it, unlike their English counterparts. Also Scottish students don't have to pay for university tuition fees, unlike the English.

-End the drugs postcode lottery. If a patient needs a particular drug treatment, let them have them. This should not come down to where you live, and if the relevant local health authority can afford it or not.
all of the above i would vote for except,the taxing of cars,why should i have to pay more tax to go towards public transport,thats why i have a car because its safer and more reliable than public transport,i aint gonna pay for someone else to use public transport,oh and i like the monarchy too
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 15:51   #29
God Member

Free heart care after every match for Accrington Stanley fans
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 15:54   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Free heart care after every match for Accrington Stanley fans
That owt to do with the 1-0 win at Wycombe by any chance????

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..