Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree242Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2013, 09:58   #166
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Margaret Thatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Perhaps then you came to the site for the wrong reasons?

Look at Jay and I political chalk and cheese, we'll hardly ever see eye to eye on policies but, despite that we are firm friends, maybe you need to look for some friends rather than just acting as some form of benefactor for the Hyndburn region?

I don't think you'll find many disagreeing with you on that one.
Same here we will always no doubt disagree politically,jay n me, but end of the day hes a good un, not a head like Birkenhead, just a sound bloke.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:16   #167
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I don't do pistols only peashooters.
Just check wind direction first - it's no good to blow your pea against the wind

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:17   #168
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Just check wind direction first - it's no good to blow your peas against the wind
I'm sure the above is something you wouldn't stand for Mags!
Eric likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:58   #169
God Member

i wasnt aware jaysay had political beliefs

next you lot will be telling me hes one of those pesky tory's

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 13:36   #170

A picture here of her during her visit in 1983, I'm the one in the centre to the left at the back watching out for the flying eggs My girlfriend at the time is in the centre of the picture thats why I kept it (honest ).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0526.jpg (553.4 KB, 44 views)
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 13:38   #171
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Oops one too many drinks
No such thing.
Less likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 13:39   #172
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Even i woulda kept that if yon was me bird Shurm.
Old 10-04-2013, 14:08   #173
Mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
A picture here of her during her visit in 1983, I'm the one in the centre to the left at the back watching out for the flying eggs My girlfriend at the time is in the centre of the picture thats why I kept it (honest ).
This is from 1984. Some of you may remember him. The guy seen here is from Huncoat Village. He worked at Thorney Bank and moved to Coventry mine in 1968. Ray is only about 5ft 2" tall, and he was arrested by 6 x 6 foot odd burly Met policemen. His crime was to stand and verbally criticise Maggie Thatcher. He was the smallest at the pit, They didnt half pick their men these big boys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ray.jpg (23.3 KB, 35 views)
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 14:26   #174
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Not only does hell exist it has 24/7 compulsory sex, doesn't sound too bad does it?
The thing is, it's an all male population!
So you're telling me that hell is just one big red hot flaming gay bar ?

Dear Lord, I know I've not paid you much attention through the years & that in all actuality I'm probably a most miserable sinner. The thing with the collection plate ..... well I needed the change & my counting's not right good & the other incident with the roof, I was just checking for leaks I swear.

Anyways I've just heard some rather alarming news & I'm most definitely very, very sorry & repentant ! Now, if you could just see your way to squeezing me in (no rush by the way, some time in the distant future will suffice) I'll even scrub the Lavvies for eternity, forever & ever Amen !

Any chance of the Lottery numbers while we're at it ? Just asking !
Less, cashman, Eric and 2 others like this.
Old 10-04-2013, 14:53   #175
God Member

By the by, anyone got plans for the big planting day ... next wotansday, isn't it? Anyone heading south for the event? Or maybe just a quiet day of private mourning ... perhaps in some quiet corner of a pub, hidden so that nobody can see the tears falling into your pint
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 14:56   #176
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I got plans fer the day Eric after discussions wi the boss No T.V. No Wireless,No Newspapers.
Old 10-04-2013, 14:59   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Even i woulda kept that if yon was me bird Shurm.
I was 15 then and yes she was lovely (that's Karen not Margaret !!)
cashman likes this.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 15:14   #178
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
By the by, anyone got plans for the big planting day ... next wotansday, isn't it? Anyone heading south for the event? Or maybe just a quiet day of private mourning ... perhaps in some quiet corner of a pub, hidden so that nobody can see the tears falling into your pint
It will be a big cup of strongly brewed apathy for the majority Eric

You may not have read across there that the twitter thread #nowthatcherisdead was seen by many as announcing the death of Cher!!!

Last edited by DtheP47; 10-04-2013 at 15:16.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 15:31   #179
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Was she called tattersall?
Old 10-04-2013, 15:59   #180
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Well perhaps they'll do similar to the Olympics and force folk to be volunteers for crowd control, YOU WILL SLEEP UNDER A BRIDGE AND BE GRATEFUL WE HAVEN'T STOPPED YOUR MONEY.
Otherwise, I doubt that many people will spend two weeks benefit money on the rail fare.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..