Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree242Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2013, 14:54   #256
God Member

Re: Margaret Thatcher

We are aware that she protected Pinochet from standing trial for crimes against humanity.

It is now revealed that she provided SAS help to Pol Pot (remember the Cambodian Killing Fields)
How Thatcher helped Pol Pot | Global Research

I am sure that more unavoury facts about her will be revealed now she is dead, (just as they were with Savile), and her admirers will regret their glowing eulogies.

Incidentally Savile was regarded as a friend of hers, and had regular invites to Chequers.
I surmise that she needed updates about the unsavoury practices that many of her ministers indulged in, in order to control them by veiled threats of exposure.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-04-2013, 16:27   #257
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallyman View Post
yet Germany are building coal fired stations,our politicians are crazy.
Coal fired might not be all that bad of an idea when compared to this:

Canadian nuclear suppliers make sales pitches in U.K. - Politics - CBC News

This is one time that you guys should NOT buy Canadian.

A good read, by the way, is Nukespeak: The Selling of Nuclear Technology in America. Something interesting to read while avoiding tv coverage of THE FUNERAL.
cmonstanley likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 17:06   #258
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
One thought I've been toying with:-

I bet the Labour elite are SO grateful they are in opposition at this moment in time.

They would be in a no win situation, if they didn't want to appear spiteful they would probably have had to go for a full blown state funeral with it's immense expense.
Though if they did, they would then have to face the ire of their grass root members for being so hypocritical.

It no doubt would have proved a rather damning situation leading to their downfall at the next election, The irony of which would perhaps be yet another Tory Government in power.

Yep, I can see them all raising a glass to Maggie for going whilst they didn't have to make any decisions.
Not new there Less when have they ever taken any major decisions, they always run away from um.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 17:13   #259
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Not new there Less when have they ever taken any major decisions, they always run away from um.
Oh Yawn, a boring Tory standard reply to a bit of extra thinking!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 17:18   #260
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh Yawn, a boring Tory standard reply to a bit of extra thinking!
Don't have to think to reply to you Less
Old 12-04-2013, 17:36   #261
God Member

Quote:
How fortunate for you. When thinking isn't your strong point, you can always substitute repeating the number "13"
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 12-04-2013, 17:54   #262
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
How fortunate for you. When thinking isn't your strong point, you can always substitute repeating the number "13"
Must be catching Eric the only person who's used that over the last 9 months is you, time to move on before you get in a rut if your not already in one
Old 12-04-2013, 18:15   #263

Quote:
Something you and Cmonstanleeee have in common not thinking before replying.

Seriously though, if you ever hope to retake and pass your 11th plus you will have to attempt exercising (or is that exorcising, knock, knock, is there anybody there?), your grey matter, rather than relying on your well thumbed copy of the Lady Bird book.

'How to give a bog standard Tory reply without having to put any effort into thinking!'

Old 12-04-2013, 18:20   #264
God Member

if im remembering correctly tony blair was all in favour of a state funeral for thatcher which trggered a lengthy thread on here a few years back now.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 18:29   #265
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Seriously though, if you ever hope to retake and pass your 11th plus you will have to attempt exercising (or is that exorcising, knock, knock, is there anybody there?), your grey matter, rather than relying on your well thumbed copy of the Lady Bird book.

'How to give a bog standard Tory reply without having to put any effort into thinking!'

Bog standard is enough for you Less you just wouldn't understand if I went into detail, never did have Lady Bird books Less although we had Epaminondas, bet you'd just have loved them

"Epaminondas and his Auntie" by Sara Cone Bryant

Last edited by jaysay; 12-04-2013 at 18:32.
Old 12-04-2013, 18:31   #266
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if im remembering correctly tony blair was all in favour of a state funeral for thatcher which trggered a lengthy thread on here a few years back now.
Ya see he wasn't all bad was Tony he had his good points
Old 12-04-2013, 18:34   #267
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
He probably just wanted to set a precedent so that he could be planted in the same way

Maybe Thatcher should have opted for a private funeral, surrounded by her friends and loved ones ... and I have no doubt she has many. But no, she lived a controversial life; so, why not have one last kick at the can and head for the everlasting bonfire in a final blaze of divisiveness.
Old 12-04-2013, 18:40   #268
God Member

Quote:

A little general knowledge test so that folks can while away the hours as they wait for the BIG DAY: About whom was it said, "He thinks too much."

a) Jaysay b) Cassius c) Sly Stallone?

And now, I'm off back to my rut ... well, I will be as soon as the ground thaws out.
Old 12-04-2013, 18:41   #269
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
He probably just wanted to set a precedent so that he could be planted in the same way

Maybe Thatcher should have opted for a private funeral, surrounded by her friends and loved ones ... and I have no doubt she has many. But no, she lived a controversial life; so, why not have one last kick at the can and head for the everlasting bonfire in a final blaze of divisiveness.
A controversial 'political' life Eric
Old 12-04-2013, 19:14   #270

Quote:
Bog standard is enough for you Less you just wouldn't understand if I went into detail,

You have never gone into detail because it would confuse you long before you attempted to spell the number of words required to make more than an extremely simple and dogmatic watered down version of the Tory ideals that you seem to have learnt by rote.
If we ever got another and by another I mean a proper Tory on site he/she could run rings around the rest of us, because after years of practicing on you we've forgotten that there actually are Tories out there that can think for themselves and put forward a worthwhile argument.
Still we'll put up with you until that day arrives.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..