Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree242Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2013, 18:44   #316
God Member

Re: Margaret Thatcher

This campaign to get people on the route turn their backs to her as she passes seems a little misguided to me.

A better strategy is to NOT GO, so it would be the million pound funeral that nobody went to.
Empty pavements is a better protest.
susie123 likes this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-04-2013, 18:48   #317
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
This campaign to get people on the route turn their backs to her as she passes seems a little misguided to me.

A better strategy is to NOT GO, so it would be the million pound funeral that nobody went to.
Not so sure meself, I reckon its a good peaceful way to show what many think of her n plus twill wind the sycophants up no end.
Old 16-04-2013, 18:56   #318
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post

I've no problem with people going if they want to show their last respects, I do have a problem with protesters wanting to go there absolutely no need whatsoever.
I won't be there nor will I be celebrating, (my Doctor has told me to avoid over-emotional situations).

Tomorrow won't be the end, we've already had some but there will be countless more documentaries aired over the next few months discussing her reign from every angle.

I won't be watching any of them.

If you want to go, then go, if all you want to do is disrupt then please, stay away, let's not give any reason for a delay.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 07:35   #319
God Member

Wonder if Elton John will be singing at the funeral 'Goodbye Englands Thorn'. ?
Eric and maxthecollie like this.
Old 17-04-2013, 07:45   #320
Resting in Peace

It's being shown "Live" on BBC1 9-15am till 12-15pm if you want to watch it
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 07:51   #321
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It's being shown "Live" on BBC1 9-15am till 12-15pm if you want to watch it
would rather learn to platt snot.
Eric and maxthecollie like this.
Old 17-04-2013, 08:30   #322
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I've no problem with people going if they want to show their last respects, I do have a problem with protesters wanting to go there absolutely no need whatsoever.
I won't be there nor will I be celebrating, (my Doctor has told me to avoid over-emotional situations).

Tomorrow won't be the end, we've already had some but there will be countless more documentaries aired over the next few months discussing her reign from every angle.

I won't be watching any of them.

If you want to go, then go, if all you want to do is disrupt then please, stay away, let's not give any reason for a delay.
Totally agree Less, my TV will be on BBC2 from now until 12-15pm or latter if things run overtime
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 09:35   #323

Hope they don't take Bargain Hunt off.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 09:41   #324
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Our telly aint been switched on, if enough do the same, ratings will drop n that may tell em summat.
Old 17-04-2013, 09:59   #325
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Its still on at present Alan, BBC2 is showing all the usual BBC1 progs until 12-15pm then its Bargain Hunt, mind you it will be a repeat
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 10:11   #326
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its still on at present Alan, BBC2 is showing all the usual BBC1 progs until 12-15pm then its Bargain Hunt, mind you it will be a repeat
What their showing on BBC1 at the moment isn't a repeat so no need to complain.

Mind you, will they be treating this similar to the Grande Prix?
Show the funeral live repeat it complete in the afternoon then show the highlights on BBC 4 after seven o'clock tonight?

When we do start watching the box later I suspect it may be difficult to avoid it.
jaysay and Boeing Guy like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 11:38   #327
I am Banned

I have just got back from a very moving ceremony at St Pauls and somebody sent me this account of the mornings events. Well let me tell you this for free Margaret. It was nothing like that.
The Mash Guide to the Final Journey
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 11:49   #328

My TV's off today & I'll be avoiding news programs till all the hoo-ha's died down.

I remember once, about a month after I got back from holiday, it came on the news that president Regan was leaving hospital. Then I discovered he'd been shot - totally missed it while away on holiday. It made not the slightest difference to my life!
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 12:24   #329
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
What their showing on BBC1 at the moment isn't a repeat so no need to complain.

Mind you, will they be treating this similar to the Grande Prix?
Show the funeral live repeat it complete in the afternoon then show the highlights on BBC 4 after seven o'clock tonight?

When we do start watching the box later I suspect it may be difficult to avoid it.
Highlights tonight BBC2 7-8pm. Promotion from BBC4 but still something else to avoid.
Old 17-04-2013, 13:26   #330
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Highlights tonight BBC2 7-8pm. Promotion from BBC4 but still something else to avoid.
Our policy has been telly off all day, tonight we will watch pre-recorded stuff.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..