Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree242Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2013, 12:17   #1
Full Member+

Margaret Thatcher

Its been announced today that Margaret Thatcher died this morning following a stroke.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-04-2013, 12:20   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Margaret Thatcher

I'm sure there will be lot of people who will be dancing...but, whether you loved her or hated her, she had more cojones than any prime minister we have had since...and she stood up to the EU for the UK.
mickbrfc likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:27   #3
God Member

personally i think they should have burried her years ago.

preferably alive

i hope the evil cow went out in as much pain as possible
cashman, norwich stanley and Eric like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:52   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
personally i think they should have burried her years ago.

preferably alive

i hope the evil cow went out in as much pain as possible
Don't hold back. Speak your mind.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:53   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
Don't hold back. Speak your mind.
i cant this site has a swear censor thingy but i think the general jist has made it through translation
cashman and Alan Varrechia like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 08-04-2013, 12:55   #6

I find it very interesting how many politicians are being so polite with their comments about her. It reminds me of a certain Not the Nine o'clock news sketch.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:58   #7
Senior Member+

I think there is only one possbile progression now following the death of Thatcher - Zombie Apocalypse!

I am more leaning towards Accymans opinion to that of Margaret's, respectfully. She was a mass murderer of sorts.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:58   #8
God Member

i wonder if any of the news networks will have the balls to show the nations true feelings about her instead of just sticking a few people who have nothing but good things to say infront of the camera

Old 08-04-2013, 13:15   #9
God Member

Just made a little something....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GARFIELD.jpg (181.1 KB, 35 views)
cashman and Eric like this.

Old 08-04-2013, 13:18   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

How any of you can speak ill of her is of deep regret to this member.
She was British through and through one of the old school, we will never see her like again, she was born too late that is all, had she taken power before the first world war The Germans would have known their place and never have sought world domination, we would still have an empire, because she had a natural talent for keeping the natives oppressed.
All in all a wonderful example of how we like to describe Britannia.

Hang on, I've just read through the above and realised something is wrong, I haven't taken my calm down pills and am hallucinating again.
Condolences to her family after all they probably loved her, but nah, I won't miss her.
sm_counsell and susie123 like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 13:20   #11

Jaysay will be upset
cashman likes this.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 13:20   #12
God Member

When it was being deliberated whether we should pay to have her buried, this cartoon appeared in the press.

I don't think they will dare to give her a state funeral,but with their barefaced cheek, they might.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maggie.jpg (3.7 KB, 173 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 13:25   #13
God Member

instead of a state funeral they should tip her coffin down a mine shaft
Eric likes this.

Old 08-04-2013, 13:33   #14
Beacon of light

I suppose some of you will feel better now you have vented your spleen on this old lady.....whatever your feelings towards her, she was part of a family...and will be missed by them.
I have no feelings one way or the other, but it makes me sad when people disrespect someone who has died.
She is beyond your wrath.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 13:36   #15
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
instead of a state funeral they should tip her coffin down a mine shaft
She wouldn't hit the bottom, that's where all the illegal immigrants are hiding 'cos no-ones been near the places for years and so long as they don't smile, no chance of seeing them!
susie123 likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..