Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2011, 16:23   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Market hall yesterday

Perhaps Blazey's had a baby?

A boy child.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-10-2011, 16:50   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Jaysay only goes to town on Wednesdays - he survives
not sure what you are saying here, should jaysay only go down town on wednesdays ?
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 17:04   #18
God Member

Nobody uses the market hall on Wednesday afternoon so why doesn't Groove go then when it's quiet and the doors are locked
Old 27-10-2011, 17:25   #19
God Member

Flashy thinks Groove is a pratt
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 17:39   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Boeing Guy thinks that Groove might just be a imbecile, with such stupid remarks like that.
Might BG, I'd say its a racer myself
Old 27-10-2011, 17:40   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Jaysay only goes to town on Wednesdays - he survives
Ya but groove might not if he bumps into jaysay Margaret
Old 27-10-2011, 17:42   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
it is a bit ironic, people say they would not give groove the time of day, and have put him on the ignore list, yet they keep replying to his posts. sometimes more than they would to rational posts, so you could be ironic and correct at the same time.
some of grooves posts have been to incite a response, I dont think he believes half of what he says. For example in another thread he said he was buying a penny farthing. Just imagine him coming down Ormerod street, bearing in mind penny farthings have no brakes or suspension, this gives a mental image of groove in a heap up against the skateboard park wall tightening up his nuts
Um what a beautiful sight dave
Old 27-10-2011, 18:01   #23

Sue wonders why Groove now asks questions as he does? He didn't prior to September this year.
In answer to Grooves question, I don't often journey into town but I think everyone has the right to go when they choose
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 19:38   #24

I must say I sometimes find it frustrating when I'm rushing to buy a sandwich at lunchtime and there are obviously retired people blocking the tills, I have been known to say that retired people should be banned from the shops at lunchtime, although I must say that I am being very tongue in cheek when I say it - people have a right to do their shopping when it suits them and old age comes to us all eventually and all too quickly! Perhaps Groove might be also being tongue in cheek in order to be controversial?
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 19:57   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Perhaps Groove might be also being tongue in cheek in order to be controversial?
You mean like a lickle kiddie-widdy might throw it's dummy out of it's pram, in order to get it's mummy's attention?

Don't people grow out of that sort of behaviour, as soon as they learn not to poop their pants?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 20:00   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You mean like a lickle kiddie-widdy might throw it's dummy out of it's pram, in order to get it's mummy's attention?

Don't people grow out of that sort of behaviour, as soon as they learn not to poop their pants?

Yes something like that, he certainly seems to be desperate to make an impression of some sort! He's very attention seeking!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 20:00   #27

To use some Aussie expressions......Tal thinks Groove is a dill and not worth a zac.
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 20:02   #28

calm down calm down theyre just opinions people people (all)stop and talk in the st ,you see them step around them(theres plenty of pavement ya know) continue,job done no problem
ianakabigsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 21:17   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
it is a bit ironic, people say they would not give groove the time of day, and have put him on the ignore list, yet they keep replying to his posts. sometimes more than they would to rational posts, so you could be ironic and correct at the same time.
some of grooves posts have been to incite a responce, I dont think he believes half of what he says. For example in another thread he said he was buying a penny farthing. Just imagine him coming down Ormerod street, bearing in mind penny farthings have no brakes or suspension, this gives a mental image of groove in a heap up against the skateboard park wall tightening up his nuts
Ok, I get your point. But in irony, I look for a certain, let's say, subtlety. I don't think "Groove is a complete idiot" is all that subtle. Seems to me it gets right to the point.

But ... to keep in touch with the thread ... Even tho' I'm a card carrying senior myself, I still get frustated when some old fart in front of me in the line is fiddling thru a change purse to come up with the six cents he needs to pay for his bottle of cheap sherry. I also get po'd when all the kids in front of me want to use debit to pay for their $1.88 purchase There, I think I found the correct tone for my bitch.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 23:38   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Ok, I get your point. But in irony, I look for a certain, let's say, subtlety. I don't think "Groove is a complete idiot" is all that subtle. Seems to me it gets right to the point.

But ... to keep in touch with the thread ... Even tho' I'm a card carrying senior myself, I still get frustated when some old fart in front of me in the line is fiddling thru a change purse to come up with the six cents he needs to pay for his bottle of cheap sherry. I also get po'd when all the kids in front of me want to use debit to pay for their $1.88 purchase There, I think I found the correct tone for my bitch.
Lets not confine it to just old folk (i am one myself) lets tell women with prams to stay at home, lets stop school kids swarming through town, and what about people waving collecting tins in my face. Lets stop more than two people walking together, we should stop people with dogs on a lead, then there is the larger person taking up the space of two, what about those mobility scooters , in fact lets make town a no go zone for everyone then everyone will be happy.
I think i may have gone over the top, im off to my darkened room for a while.
ok nurse im coming
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..