Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2008, 04:35   #1
God Member

Martha Stewart denied Entry into UK

not sure how 'famous' this woman is in the UK , but over here in the US she is an household name , a TV personality like Oprah , but this one does cooking and stuff .......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...to-the-UK.html

wonder if a tit for tat game will ensue ......you wont let Martha in so we wont let one of your celebs in .........could be fun .......so who else would you ban from the UK ?

I think we (the US) should keep the smarmy assed Simon Cowell in the UK and the chef who can't say two words without swearing
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-06-2008, 06:03   #2
God Member

Re: Martha Stewart denied Entry into UK

Maybe she should have threatened to blow somebody up, we would have let her in. We let George Bush in last week.
Old 20-06-2008, 06:52   #3
Senior Member+

I dont even know who she is............
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 07:05   #4
Resident Waffler

Don't you have rules over in the US preventing anyone with a criminal conviction from entering the country?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 07:22   #5

Dont know who she is, dont care who she is.

Personally I think we should ban anyone who has been to America (other than on missionary work) from ever returning.

We should also ban (so called) American culture and get rid of our drugs and guns problem
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 07:24   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Seems a bit of a farce considering the scum they let into this country, maybe immigration are finally serious about tightening up a bit. The USA are very strict at their borders Willow, it took us 4 hours to get through immigration earlier this year (and we were only getting a connecting flight out of the country).

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 07:33   #7
God Member

I have heard of her - the original 'Stepford Wife' - defrauded the Inland Revenue
I don't think we will miss her visit - unless of course flower arranging and cookies are your thing

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 07:48   #8
God Member

I know who Martha Stewart is We have enough crap on our televisions without letting them into the country too
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 07:48   #9
God Member

Well doesn't appear that she is a threat to our safety and she is refused entry. Just shows this country up for what it is Barmy!!
Old 20-06-2008, 07:59   #10
God Member

I imagine you need particular paperwork to come into england from a non-EU country, am I wrong? Perhaps she just didn't have the correct documentation or whatever.
Old 20-06-2008, 08:01   #11
Resident Waffler

Plenty of people with no paperwork at all come here and then we can't deport them because it infringes on their human rights.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 08:07   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Plenty of people with no paperwork at all come here and then we can't deport them because it infringes on their human rights.
Mainly from EU countries though. I actually looked into this for something I did for public law and you'll be surprised how many people get refused stay even when they would be good for the country and their entire families are here. I don't know how the immigration system works entirely, but there is a lot more to it than that.
Old 20-06-2008, 08:08   #13
God Member

it works both ways , america refused entry and detained a woman and her baby because she had a bottle of breast milk if i recall correctly

besides if it wasnt for british people going to america the indians would still own the place

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 09:25   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
yeh willow but those come in to the country in the back of wagons etc, this woman who i dont know is probably coming in first class.
Old 20-06-2008, 10:02   #15
Resting in Peace

Well the silly woman why didn't she claim asylum, she'd have walked and been found a concil house by now, and few hundred quid a week spending money

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..