Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 11:50   #1
Senior Member+

Masterchef Cassie

Surprised last night to see the chef at the Walton Arms whose name is Cassie appearing on Professional Master Chef (Mrs Silver had it on).I assume she still cooks there as a short while back she was in the Obby collecting awards for her culinary skills.Alas she only just missed out on going through to the next round due to her presentation of the dishes.Her cooking skills could not be faulted by the two judges,just that there was too much on the plate & not presented to Michelin standard(well,she is a lancashire lass & cooks in a pub).I think she worked the bar at the Bridge in Church several years back & has certainly come a long way since then.Unlucky Cassie,your presentation may have let you down but your cookery skills & Lancashire accent certainly did'nt.Will be sampling your fare anytime soon.Has any one else ate at the Walton Arms?
Old 08-09-2008, 15:06   #2

Re: Masterchef Cassie

hi,
its cas, thanks for the support!!
unfortunatley not at the walton anymore, was time to move on and try something new, still a chef but moved to the coach and horses in bolton by bowland, more of my own creations on the menu and more local seasonal produce etc etc.
hope you come and visit!
again thanks for the support and one last thing how bloody broad did i sound??!!
cheers
cas x
cas007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 18:19   #3
God Member

Sounds posh........
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:22   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Has any one else ate at the Walton Arms?
I went there in July this year, and was extremely dissappointed with the food, service and management of the place.

We visited three times last year and enjoyed many excellent dishes from the menu, but the place seems to have changed hands recently and the high standards have also moved on.
Old 15-09-2008, 20:32   #5
Junior Member+

Had to try the Coach and Horses, always on the look out for new eating establishments!
Went on Sunday for lunch. Food was great, ambience was lovely and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend it.
LincsLady is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..