Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Bob Dobson
  • 1 Post By maxthecollie
  • 1 Post By Bob Dobson
  • 1 Post By accyman
  • 5 Post By Stumped
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By Less
  • 1 Post By magpie

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2014, 09:08   #1
Senior Member+

Maundy Charity on TV

In the last week or so, a TV crew have been filming at the Maundy premises on Abbey St. Before they came, a notice was put on the outer window and door saying that they ere coming, and that if anyone did not wish to be filmed, they should stay away.

I don't know when the item will be on TV, or on which channel. but it is thought to be soon.
wadey likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-02-2014, 10:13   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Maundy Charity on TV

O.M.G! What crap next on telly?
Gremlin likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:37   #3

Thanks Bob, weren't they on Newsnight some time ago ?
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 14:24   #4
Senior Member+

That may have been around the time of the founder's death. This current one may be a spin-off from 'Benefits Street'
andynlisa likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 18:53   #5
God Member

i thought it couldnt get any worse after seeing the jeremy kyle bus in accy and then that daft hair dresser tongued an old aged pensioner in come dine with me but now the whole country is going to think accy is nothing but demented hair dressers, JK fodder and hard up smackheads...

the only thing left to embarrass teh town is for a local person to go on big brother and shove a whiskey bottle up tehir own arse and thats only because ginga has taken the bottle of wine slot ... litterally i may add
maxthecollie likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 18:44   #6
Full Member+

If any institution can be blamed for accelerating the demise of this once great place to live, it is undoubtedly Maundy Grange with it's capacity to invite undesirables of every ilk to pollute and plunder everything and everybody they come into contact with. Granted the initial ideology was well intended, but it's overall effect upon the town as a whole has been nothing less than disastrous.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 19:15   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thing is, no-one in the Council, whatever party, has the balls to criticise Maundy, so sod all will ever happen,
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 07-02-2014, 20:05   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Maundy Charity on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thing is, no-one in the Council, whatever party, has the balls to criticise Maundy, so sod all will ever happen,

Not true cashy, they took action to stop the druggies from hanging around the market hall, they removed the benches.
andynlisa likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 20:22   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Not true cashy, they took action to stop the druggies from hanging around the market hall, they removed the benches.
Tis true, whilst they did that, Don't recall em blaming Maundy?
Old 11-02-2014, 14:42   #10
Resting in Peace

I over heard a couple of men ( see I am being kind here) walking past my shop saying how they were going to screw Muanday , get some money for more beer and some free food... they were actually planning it.... they also had cans of beer on them, plus they were counting out what paper money they had.... and it was more than I had in my purse... I think its gone even more down hill now Dorthy's gone....
cashman likes this.
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..