Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2008, 06:23   #46

Re: McCain's Running Mate.... no surprises

Just got back from the toilet Steely, I nearly Pi--ed myself. I dont think Ms Greer would be laughing though.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2008, 08:31   #47
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
maybe it's the misogynist in me ....but ....I like Sarah Palin because she looks like a woman should look ......she wears a dress, not the sodding pantsuits favoured by Ms Clinton and co ..........they are not sodding welders and window cleaners ......if you are a woman look like one, dress like one , not some fat lard-assed ballbuster , who reminds a lot of men why they got shut of wife number one.
Like Al, I fell about at that one...in fact, I nearly choked on my brew laughing. SJ, if I hadn't already given you karma for your "pillsbury dough/brain" post, I'd certainly give you karma for that!
Old 20-09-2008, 08:33   #48
God Member

Jack - feminity is a state of mind, not a mode of dress - shame on you - I think that I would have got rid of you too (I have the practice in)

I have many trouser suits. I wear them because, with deformed feet, flat shoes look frumpy with skirts.
Attached Images
File Type: gif AC_Originals_2.gif (12.8 KB, 0 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2008, 12:41   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
from the local news in California ...........

Linda Burnett , 23, a resident of San Diego , was visiting her in-laws and while there went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. Several people noticed her sitting in her car with the windows rolled up and with her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back of her head.

One customer who had been at the store for a while became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Linda's eyes were now open, and she looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay, and Linda replied that she had been shot in the back of the head, and had been holding her brains in for over an hour. The man called the paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head. When they finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on the back of her head.

A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but quickly recovered. Linda is a blonde, and a REPUBLICAN, and her car had a VOTE FOR McCAIN bumper sticker on it, but all that could be irrelevant
Now then, Steeljack, you surely know that this story is an urban legend. It has been circulating for years - by word of mouth, on the internet and told as jokes on the professional comedy circuit. It has even popped up in newspaper stories, despite the fact that there is no sound evidence that the incident ever occurred. I first heard a version of this back in 1994 - sans the political affiliations. The tale of a "dumb blonde" in Arkansas.

Too many people on this site are already woefully ill-informed about our country, its people, system of governance and current crop of political protagonists. Therefore, it is a little wicked of you to stoke their fevered brains by presenting something like this as if it were a current news item.

Last edited by bullseyebarb; 20-09-2008 at 12:44.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2008, 21:22   #50

Even if you don't count the religious fanaticism what about the following?

1) She advocates that victims of sexual assault pay for their own rape kits;
2) The lie about support for the Bridge to Nowhere and keep the money after the project is scrapped;
3) Her attempt to ban books and threaten to fire a librarian, who may have had a nominal income;
4) Billing the state $20,000.00 for working at home and
4: Her limited knowledge or experience with foreign affairs and her questionable knowledge of the US constitution.

Yes I would love her to be my MP.
Old 23-09-2008, 22:05   #51
God Member

1) She advocates that victims of sexual assault pay for their own rape kits;

Believe this only applies if there are no signs of force involved (bruises etc)and alcohol involved as a way of discouraging frivolous/false charges being brought and destroying some guys innocent reputation

2) The lie about support for the Bridge to Nowhere and keep the money after the project is scrapped;

not true , the funds were available for use by the Alaskan dept.of transportation to be used by the Alaskan State Govt. on any project . ( I'm not a big fan of Sen Ted Stevens, but he works for his people and brings back the bacon)

3) Her attempt to ban books and threaten to fire a librarian, who may have had a nominal income;

Nonsense , she asked what criteria the library used when selecting books .......books paid for by the taxpayers of Wasalia ......wouldn't you like a Mayor/Council Leader who counted the pennies

4) Billing the state $20,000.00 for working at home

ever heard of telecommuting ? its a quite popular concept these days , unclogs the freeways, reduces carbon emmisions. Or would you prefer she commute daily/weekly from her home in Wasalia to Juneau a distance of about 500 miles

4: Her limited knowledge or experience with foreign affairs and her questionable knowledge of the US constitution.

ok , will admit she has a bit to learn about foriegn affairs . Knowledge of the constitution .....think most U S would politicians have a problem with this one , but I think she knows the difference between the truth and a lie ....e.g Bill "I did not have sex with that woman" Clinton ....said under oath during his disbarment hearing deposition

not making any excuses for the lady , but I just wish the leftish media would tone down a bit , I'm still undecided who my vote will go to , but its unlikey to be either of the two main candidates , still a toss-up , a write-in for either Ron Paul or Ralph Nader .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..