Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2012, 21:32   #76
Resting In Peace

Re: Meaningless comments

Had to happen... some red K has just shown up on my profile. I am now accused of being patronising, condescending and insensitive by some anonymous poster.

Makes me feel so much better...
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2012, 21:41   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Had to happen... some red K has just shown up on my profile. I am now accused of being patronising, condescending and insensitive by some anonymous poster.

Makes me feel so much better...
Take no notice and carry on regardless!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 21:47   #78
I am Banned

Quote:
If the cap fits...
Whinging again, you forgot the words ugly, cantankerous, awkward, bad tempered.
Ask Katex she knows.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 21:49   #79
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Had to happen... some red K has just shown up on my profile.
Well it just goes to show, you're obviously pushing someone's buttons Sue. Happens to us all at some point, I think in my early days on here I upset some of our Colonial cousins ...... Eeh, there were so many red dots I thought I'd walked into a corner shop !!
(cue outraged liberals & PC Gestapo, let the red dots roll )
Old 25-02-2012, 21:59   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Whinging again, you forgot the words ugly, cantankerous, awkward, bad tempered.
Ask Katex she knows.
Retlaw.
Please don't be horrible to other people, I really enjoy your local history expertise and it doesn't do you justice to be unpleasant and upset people who don't know you.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 22:02   #81
Senior Member+

Stuff em all
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 22:03   #82
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Well it just goes to show, you're obviously pushing someone's buttons Sue.
Hello Dave, good to hear from you.

Yes those buttons have been well and truly pushed, quite unintentionally by me...
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 22:30   #83
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Please don't be horrible to other people, I really enjoy your local history expertise and it doesn't do you justice to be unpleasant and upset people who don't know you.
I'm not being horrible just telling it as how I see it, she's coming across as an attention seeker, been playing the sympathy card all day, if its sympathy you seek, you'll find it in the dictionary between Sh1t & syphilus.
I now I'm a bad tempered old bu**er, and I admit it, some need to take their rose tinted specs off & have a good look at their selves. As for other peoples opinion of me I don't give a monkeys, think what you like.
If all this gets me banned, then great, I'll be able to get on with other stuff thats backing up.

Retlaw

Last edited by Retlaw; 25-02-2012 at 22:33.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 06:30   #84

This is a storm in a teacup that's been blown out of all proportion. There are far worse comments made about other members on other threads. Also, a thread started that is specifically aimed against another member is wrong in my opinion.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 07:22   #85
God Member

Dearest Susie123,

Though I am coming late into this thread, I will if I may, make the following observations.

If you have something to say that you think is worth saying, say it.

If you can illustrate or expand upon anothers' opinion, do so.

If you feel an overinflated ego requires a sharp word as a corrective, then pop it.

Let common sense and decency be your guide and you will not go far wrong.

But remember, you cannot hope to please all the people, all of the time, nor should you try to; that way lies madness and disappointment.

In the final analysis and at the end of the day, when all things are added up and the fat lady has warbled her silly head off, you are you. Your comments, quips, illustrations and opinions are uniquely yours and you have as much right to post them as anyone else.

By the same measure, anyone else has an equal right to criticise, belittle, satirise, ridicule or disagree with whatever you post. This is called give and take, and is a fundamental requirement of any democratically inspired debate.

If I disagree with something that you have posted I will say so and explain why. You then have the opportunity to defend your position by further explanation with the hope (usually forlorn - but that's half the fun) of changing my opinion. And so it goes on, back and forth, until one or other of us retires exhausted from the debate.

The value of a forum for debate lies in the ability it affords us to examine what we believe. It enables us to hone our skills in the marshalling of facts to support or challenge an argument and the use of language to express our line of thinking.

It would be a very poor debate indeed if any of us felt that we must self-censor for fear of causing offence; even though a certain amount of that is necessary if we are to remain within the law.

In short, if you feel that you are being targetted for unfair or discriminatory criticism you can always appeal to the moderators for guidance.

I hope this helps
Old 26-02-2012, 08:36   #86
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I'm not being horrible just telling it as how I see it, she's coming across as an attention seeker, been playing the sympathy card all day, if its sympathy you seek, you'll find it in the dictionary between Sh1t & syphilus.
I now I'm a bad tempered old bu**er, and I admit it, some need to take their rose tinted specs off & have a good look at their selves. As for other peoples opinion of me I don't give a monkeys, think what you like.
If all this gets me banned, then great, I'll be able to get on with other stuff thats backing up.

Retlaw
I have now found what you considered to be a meaningless post.
I cannot see how you considered it to be meaningless...so will that make me a deluded female too?
Neither can I see where other people think the same as you Retlaw...should I go to specsavers?
Would the rose tinted specs work for me too?

And if you have stuff backed up, shouldn't you be doing that instead of this?
I appreciate your considered thoughts on my questions.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 08:36   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I reckon thats a pretty good summary of most people views A-B.
Old 26-02-2012, 08:44   #88
Resting in Peace

Any complaints about members or anything else on the site should first be directed to one of the moderators in a PM not start a thread about it.
That's what the moderators are here for to HELP contrary to what some members think .
If after contacting the moderator you still think you have a grievance about something or someone then please contact Admin.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 09:06   #89
Full Member+

Just laugh it off, Sue!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 09:19   #90
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Mornin' Aye, what A-B said.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..