Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2012, 09:27   #91
Super Moderator

Re: Meaningless comments

A-B, you've summed it all up perfectly in your usual eloquent fashion!
Old 26-02-2012, 09:32   #92
God Member

I have had more than the usual serving of flack directed at me on here.

I have never reported any of it because it needed to stay on show so that the perpetrator's personality could remain on show - the good, bad and the downright ugly!

How else would you learn who to avoid and who to be empathic with?

When the flack began I too was upset and used the ignore feature, which gave some respite whilst I reviewed my attitude towards the people who did it.

Now I see the flack for what it is - their natural defensive reaction attempting to maintain their lifetime conditioned way of thinking.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 09:36   #93
Resting in Peace

Just sussed out who the offender is susie, take no notice you'll end up as daft as he is, he's harmless, give him some stick back, get some lessons of Kate
Old 26-02-2012, 11:08   #94
Resting In Peace

Bob I agree with and take on board all that you say. Thank you for taking the time to set it out.

I am just gobsmacked that an innocent lighthearted post should provoke such a torrent of invective.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 11:11   #95
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just sussed out who the offender is susie, take no notice you'll end up as daft as he is, he's harmless, give him some stick back, get some lessons of Kate
Jay, giving some stick back is what I have done in the past. This time he went too far. I could not take it. In my opinion people who do put up with it only make it easier for the perpetrator to carry on.

We can disagree with people without being rude and offensive. That is the point.

Last edited by susie123; 26-02-2012 at 11:19.
Old 26-02-2012, 11:15   #96
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have now found what you considered to be a meaningless post.
I cannot see how you considered it to be meaningless...so will that make me a deluded female too?
Neither can I see where other people think the same as you Retlaw...should I go to specsavers?
Would the rose tinted specs work for me too?

And if you have stuff backed up, shouldn't you be doing that instead of this?
I appreciate your considered thoughts on my questions.
Margaret what a wonderful post. Calm and considered yet making its point and summing up just what I would like to say. I need to take lessons from you.

Thank you.
Old 26-02-2012, 11:17   #97
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have had more than the usual serving of flack directed at me on here.

I have never reported any of it because it needed to stay on show so that the perpetrator's personality could remain on show - the good, bad and the downright ugly!

How else would you learn who to avoid and who to be empathic with?

When the flack began I too was upset and used the ignore feature, which gave some respite whilst I reviewed my attitude towards the people who did it.

Now I see the flack for what it is - their natural defensive reaction attempting to maintain their lifetime conditioned way of thinking.
Margaret you have summed up my feelings exactly. Couldn't have put it better myself. Many thanks.
Old 26-02-2012, 11:18   #98
God Member

If you give stick back it pleases them that they have angered you into reacting.

Denying them that satisfaction angers them.

heavy philosophical stuff I know I have moved on from conspiracy stuff into philosophy and Zen and it has cheered me up no end

Old 26-02-2012, 11:20   #99
Resting in Peace

Quote:
If you give stick back it pleases them that they have angered you into reacting.

heavy philosophical stuff I know I have moved on from conspiracy stuff into philosophy and Zen and it has cheered me up no end
Can we have the Old Margaret back please Zen Buddhism is far too deep for me
Old 26-02-2012, 11:25   #100
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Any complaints about members or anything else on the site should first be directed to one of the moderators in a PM not start a thread about it.
That's what the moderators are here for to HELP contrary to what some members think .
If after contacting the moderator you still think you have a grievance about something or someone then please contact Admin.
Mick I apologise if i have not gone about things in the correct way.

I did however find the thread helpful in seeing what other members had to say.

I think it is now time to draw a line under this and move on. I am grateful to all who took the time to post, and it has done my karma a world of good!

Thanks Mick for pointing me in the right direction for any future problems
Old 26-02-2012, 11:28   #101
Resting In Peace

Quote:

Margaret I always meant to read Alan Watts 30 odd years ago. Perhaps I should start now.
Old 26-02-2012, 11:39   #102
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Margaret I always meant to read Alan Watts 30 odd years ago. Perhaps I should start now.
Try watching some of these too
Adyashanti's Channel - YouTube

...very 'stress relieving' stuff

Old 26-02-2012, 11:42   #103
Beacon of light

If you have drawn a line under the whole situation, then maybe it is time to ask a moderator to close this thread.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 17:33   #104
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
Hi Susie

Found the offensive post and i must admit I always find his responses blunt to say the least

He's never in the wrong and although he clearly has a wealth of local history knowledge he has a very unfortunate manner and I would have hoped for a man of mature years he could show more respect to all sections of Accyweb

keep posting
Hedman, I must have overlooked your post last night, only just seen it.

What you say is exactly right, the key words being a man of mature years and respect of which he shows very little if any.

Thank you for your comment.

I said earlier I wished to draw a line under this.

I hope this will be my final word on the subject.
Old 27-02-2012, 04:57   #105

This is getting to be like an Oscar's acceptance speech! Draw the line, draw the line!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..