Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2007, 23:21   #76
God Member

Re: Mein Kampf

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
No, you're right, of course euthanasia is still illegal in the UK. Miss Rumpole was wrong...again.
Wrong again eh. Ah well, perhaps a career in forcasting the weather is in her future. It's one of the few jobs, outside politics, where being wrong is the norm. Wasn't it Gray who talked about blissfull ignorance and the folly of wisdom?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2007, 23:50   #77

It may be of interest but Hitler did his training as a painter and decorator in Warsaw before the war.......I only know this as he trained with my father who was from a little town outside Warsaw............he was never a " painter".
Old 01-11-2007, 23:56   #78
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
It may be of interest but Hitler did his training as a painter and decorator in Warsaw before the war.......I only know this as he trained with my father who was from a little town outside Warsaw............he was never a " painter".
Why do you assume we are all blind? We can read almost any form of carp it doesn't have to be so Large!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:10   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Why do you assume we are all blind?
Leave it be - the size is fine

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:49   #80

No books will ever express the true feelings of living under Hitler and his regime.

On one hand, he only tried to do (in a very drastic manner obviously) what some of todays politicians are trying to do, how many religios and race related wars have we had since WW2? Just because they do not hit us as hard doesnt mean that they dont exist. Have a look at the cival wars going on, and in fact 'good old Saddam'.

On the other, you have people that live and work for the place that is called home, under a leader that you do not necessarily agree with but are powerless to do anything about. Talk to the 'normal' Germans about WW2 and they will give you a better idea of what was going on and the immense guilt that is still felt about the behaviour in those times.

Books are all well and good, but they are individuals take on things, and as we all know, we can see the same event differently and have a different opinion about it
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:52   #81

Just assumed at your age Less it would be more helpful (having large lettering)
Old 02-11-2007, 12:09   #82
Passed away 25-11-09

These are a few of Hitler's paintings. I've heard he was supposed to be a painter and decorator. It may be true but, if he was, that must have been before 1914 as he was heavily involved in politics between the 2 world wars.

Whether or not he went to Art School in Liverpool is debateable but his brother certainly lived there in the early 1900s.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:36   #83
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Whether or not he went to Art School in Liverpool is debateable but his brother certainly lived there in the early 1900s.
Agreed, there is no definative proof, and it is unlikely.

Although John Lennon and his first wife Cynthia did attend, there are about fifty John Lennon's carved into the benches in the lecture hall. Probably all fakes, unless he was a serial vandal.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:51   #84
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Agreed, there is no definative proof, and it is unlikely.

Although John Lennon and his first wife Cynthia did attend, there are about fifty John Lennon's carved into the benches in the lecture hall. Probably all fakes, unless he was a serial vandal.

I take it nobody's found an "A Hitler" then?
Old 02-11-2007, 17:06   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Why do you assume we are all blind? We can read almost any form of carp it doesn't have to be so Large!
"Size matters not". Yoda.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..