Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2006, 01:17   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Middle East Crisis

Quote:
what i'm fearin is that wiht all foreign nationals being taken out of lebanon is this a precursor to an invasion? remember kuwait back in gulf war?
Not the same mani, Israel will not invade as they are not run by a dictator, they also don't claim that the Lebanon is part of their country as Saddam did. They may occupy parts of southern Lebanon and create a buffer zone to stop rocket attacks, but they have enough problems with the Palastinians with out creating more problems with occupation of another part of the middle east.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-07-2006, 01:22   #32
God Member

Mani .....there are large Lebabese communities spread around the world , Australia has a large one, so has South Africa , in the "old" days prior to de-colinization in Africa lots of the bush trading stores in the remotest places were Lebanese owned. Probably due to them being bi-lingual in French , Canada seemed a good place to settle, I think most of the Canadians/Americans who are being evacuated out are second/third generation visiting family who have retired to the home country. Some of the nicest people you can meet , though the Druzes have some odd habits .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 09:33   #33

apparently......at this time there are over 20,000 australians including those with dual nationality australian/lebanese shivering with fright in Lebanon
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 13:36   #34
Senior Member+

this is quite saddening and disturbing...

http://www.uruknet.info/?p=m24753&l=i&size=1&hd=0
Old 19-07-2006, 14:29   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
without taking sides, from what i can gather isreal is zapping lebanon cos hezbolla snaffled a couple of their soldiers, what really brasses me off is the isralis have snaffled hundreds of the other side pre this, so its ok for them to do it but not for the palestinians, no big deal in the press about this neither, and cyfr refering to us as (blair) your as two faced as the isralies, your lot has been the biggest supporter of the u.s. in my lifetime. is that laymans enough for you tinks?
Yes But I dont think our lot supports bush... I mean, the torys are banned from the white house last I heard
Old 19-07-2006, 14:33   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
Yes But I dont think our lot supports bush... I mean, the torys are banned from the white house last I heard
i wouldnt put money on that cyfr.
Old 19-07-2006, 15:34   #37
Apprentice Geriatric

Exclamation Re: Middle East Crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack
jambutty wrote........."Being Jews and therefore excellent at making money, they made huge inroads into banking, jewellery and precious metals and the film industry plus many more lucrative business opportunities."

Did you find this nugget of gold in your copy of Mein Kampf, I suppose you believe the above as a genetic fact....and also that Blacks are genetically better at athletics and genetically inferior as swimmers, you probably also believe that Eugenics is a legitimate branch of medicine.
You are putting words into my post that are not there steeljack. There is absolutely nothing in my sentence that even hints at what you imply.

It simply states that Jews are very good at making money. It does not imply that other races are not.

I don’t condone what the Israeli nation is doing to Lebanon but you can hardly blame them for trying to protect their own. It was Hezbollah that opened an Israeli second front so the Jews retaliated. People will say that they have gone over the top and they may have but that is the Jewish way with enemies of the state. Smack them down hard. They did it in Syria and Egypt and neither of those countries is keen to tangle with them again, yet if not actually friends, they are not bitter enemies any more. Commerce has triumphed over hate.

The Israelis only want peaceful co-existence in an Arab world. Whether they have the right to the land that is now known as Israel is a moot point. Historically they do not but how far back in history do you go to establish land rights?

Israel came into being in 1948 as decreed by the British and backed by the USA. Most of the world recognises Israel as an independent state of the Jews and it is only a few hotheads who want the land back.

It is a sad fact that in all conflicts the civilian population will also suffer. However it could be argued that the civilian population is part of the fighting force and thus a legitimate target. If nothing else the taxes that they pay that are used to arm the warriors makes them correspondents at arms. They may not like the way that their taxes are being used but they voted for the government in office.
Old 21-07-2006, 02:01   #38
Senior Member+

i think this says it all really

from 2morro's paper

Old 21-07-2006, 04:21   #39
God Member

Mani , totally agree, just unfortunate that it will never be printed in the US ,
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..