Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2015, 12:17   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Migrant Crisis in Calais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It isn't just a case of space as I am sure you know. It is a case of having the infrastructure, the houses, medical facilities etc all the things that people need to lead productive lives.

Can you imagine someone walking into your house at teatime, sitting down at your table, eating the food you have worked hard to provide, using the home that you saved so hard to get for your family?
This is an analogy that equates to what these illegal migrants are doing.
Now if that sits well with you, then fine. But it does not sit well with me.

We have absolutely no responsibility to these people.
They chose to leave their homeland.

And as for the article in the Guardian, it is calculated emotional blackmail..... There are many women in Eritrea who lose babies......and as cold as this may sound the women accept it as a fact of life...They know they will go on and have other children.

We cannot be saviours of the worlds poor and homeless.....we have plenty that could be looked after who were born here!
Well spoken Margaret
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-07-2015, 12:27   #77
Beacon of light

Thank you Frank.
I feel sure I am not the only one with these views.
I am not callous, or uncharitable, but you just have to be realistic about what we can do..and indeed what we should do.
Actions have consequences.....even charitable ones.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 12:39   #78
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Not much labour endorsing, leftist leaning British hating in this article DinG
There doesn't need to be DtP, highlighting the "tragedy" of the loss of an unborn child by an African illegal immigrant is to my mind a typically biased leftist apologists approach. On the same day in UK how many other British women have suffered a similar loss? It's not made the press though as it doesn't fit the whining, bleating crowds agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Not a lot,but that's kinda missing the point....

And the point being?

Sure people are free to roam, just so long as they follow the accepted protocols, hell even I'm an economic migrant. A Brit, living in Germany, non nationalised (although I was offered it) British passport holding individual. I made my choice & as such had to endure the rigmarole, chicanery & tedious procedures, learnt to read, write & speak the language of my host nation & all at no cost to them as I paid for & supported myself.

Subtle difference don't you think? I've been here now 30+ years (9 of those with the Military) the rest as a participant in everyday German society, working at various jobs, paying my taxes, integrating & accepting how things are over here. If you want to be part of anything it's only right you play the game & not approach it with a sense of entitlement trying to buck the system, if you do (as these illegals are) well, don't be surprised at the resentment you get.
Old 29-07-2015, 12:53   #79
God Member

hundreds of thousands of children will be put into child poverty when the new working tax credits come into play because there isnt any money in the pot but rather than stop importing more misery and leeches the government is simply going to change the requirements for been in poverty so that despite not having any money or enough to live on you are no longer in poverty your well off without a pot to pee in

people arnt racists they are sick and fed up of going without so that people who cant be bothered to stay in their own countries and sort their own problems out can benefit at other peoples expense

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 12:53   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Accyexplorer has reached a new height in stupidity i reckon.
Old 29-07-2015, 12:54   #81
Senior Member+

Quote:

Bit of a waste of pixels and motor neurons typing it then Gordon, eh?

Then again we are not alone in that on this thread eh?
No, my screen looks fine, DtheP, no pixels lost and a motor neuron is a nerve cell so using it won't waste it.

So stop worrying about wasting your pixels and motor neurons and use some telling us if you actually have an opinion on this matter. You haven't so far, posting links tells us little, especially when they're from the Guardian.
nicola68 likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 19:10   #82
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Accyexplorer has reached a new height in stupidity i reckon.
Just when you thought it was possible eh C :

...Group hug

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 20:34   #83
I am Banned

Gordon you posted “When you see the videos of Calais you don't see women, children, fleeing from persecution and starvation.” The implication being they are not there and demonstrating just how poorly informed you are.
I posted an extract from a Left wing newspaper demonstrating they are indeed there, desperate and unfortunates cheek and jowl with their menfolk.
You posted you couldn’t find the link making me either a fantasist or you showing again how indeed you are apparently so poorly informed.
End of, really no need to debate or substantiate my leanings or persuasions.
And Margaret’s guff of excuse and about treating you with kid gloves because of your circumstances has more holes than that colander for sale in the age concern shop.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2015, 21:05   #84
Beacon of light

Quote:
Gordon you posted “When you see the videos of Calais you don't see women, children, fleeing from persecution and starvation.” The implication being they are not there and demonstrating just how poorly informed you are.
I posted an extract from a Left wing newspaper demonstrating they are indeed there, desperate and unfortunates cheek and jowl their menfolk.
You posted you couldn’t find the link making me either a fantasist or you showing again how indeed you are apparently so poorly informed.
End of, really no need to debate or substantiate my leanings or persuasions.
And Margaret’s guff of excuse and about treating you with kid gloves because of your circumstances has more holes than that colander for sale in the age concern shop.
Post 52 was the one where you outlined the story. You did not post a link until post 59....as I said not everyone on here is as adept as you at searching for things......and suddenly I have gone from erudite to guff.

I did not suggest that Gordon be treated with kid gloves.....what I did was remind you that Gordon was in the very early stages of a grief process.....and as such maybe he wasn't as able as usual to process or search out information.
I can see no evidence to suggest that Gordon or anyone else was branding you a fantasist...And if you haven't seen something, then you haven't seen it.
It doesn't make you ill informed especially not when you are concentrating on getting your life back together.
You really are an arrogant piece of work. Lacking in compassion, but yet posting bleeding heart, liberal hand wringing stuff about illegal migrants in another country!
hilleluk likes this.
Old 29-07-2015, 21:23   #85
Beacon of light

Quote:
Just when you thought it was possible eh C :

...Group hug
I thought you had given up on this thread Jason?
Old 29-07-2015, 22:21   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I thought you had given up on this thread Jason?
Didnt I say that I was done with the "topic"? Besides,you know full well what it's like when you say your done with a thread then you want to post again

password--Accyweb
Old 30-07-2015, 01:36   #87
God Member

i will no longer be posting on this thread

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 30-07-2015, 01:36   #88
God Member

ok im back
maxthecollie likes this.

Old 30-07-2015, 06:11   #89
Beacon of light

Quote:
Didnt I say that I was done with the "topic"? Besides,you know full well what it's like when you say your done with a thread then you want to post again
And there I was thinking that changing your mind was a female thing Jason.
Old 30-07-2015, 10:32   #90
Senior Member+

on the contrary M,I became quite well known for my Uturns on this forum

password--Accyweb

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..