Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2021, 11:00   #16
God Member

Re: Migrants...and their crisis....

On the news this morning i was listening but not watching closely. My mood went black once i heard a dinghy arriving and some bleeding heart woman asking if they were all alright. Bodily fluids boiling again.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2021, 12:08   #17
Beacon of light

There was some bleeding heart liberal on TV this morning saying that these people want to come here because they speak English….that they have friends and family here….that they have people here from their home communities.
There was no mention of the fact that they had not applied to come here as refugees….so they entered the country illegally.
Neither was there a mention of homes, or health care…or benefits.
We do not need these people here…there is a chance that they can become radicalised and become a danger to us.
Also, they dilute our traditions…and in some cases expect us to give up our tradition because they do not sit well with their values.
Have you noticed too that these migrants are in the main, men.
Yes there have been a few women and children, but the majority are male.
This year something in the region of 25,000 people have landed on our shores and only five have been returned.
odders and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 12:10   #18
Beacon of light

Sorry MH….you got in there before me….but I think we watched the same thing.
Yes, I am with you on the boiling bodily fluids…in fact I think I could centrally heat a house!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 25-11-2021, 14:01   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Anyone entering the country illegally is not a REFUGEE as far as im concerned, i have nothing at all against genuine refugees, but the clowns will no doubt label me racist, but i dont give a stuff what an idiot calls me at all.
Old 25-11-2021, 15:56   #20
Beacon of light

These are not refugees Cashy.
They have forked out €3000 each for a seat in an unseaworthy vessel to get across the channel…..to Eldorado England.
If they were refugees, where did they get this amount of money?
If they were true refugees then they would have stayed in the first safe country.
The real trouble is that once they are here they apply for leave to stay and this may take a long time……so how do they support themselves?
Well, the answer is they don’t….we do.
Yet we expect the elderly ( who have contributed to the fabric of society all of their lives)to sell their homes to pay for care.
No one political party is brave enough to tackle the problem……and expecting France to do a decent job of containment is a useless solution….they want them off their shores and it is even better if they come here, because they dislike us.
This dislike goes back to 1066….so it is not going to get better anytime soon.
cashman, odders, taddy and 1 others like this.
Old 26-11-2021, 09:19   #21
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;

Yet we expect the elderly ( who have contributed to the fabric of society all of their lives)to sell their homes to pay for care.

funny how the be kind lefty snowflakes have very little or anything to say on this issue. its obvious to me that those of that age which many of us are getting close to are not the right minority for anything.
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 26-11-2021, 09:23   #22
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1260089]These are not refugees Cashy.
They have forked out €3000 each for a seat in an unseaworthy vessel to get across the channel…..to Eldorado England.
If they were refugees, where did they get this amount of money?
If they were true refugees then they would have stayed in the first safe country.
The real trouble is that once they are here they apply for leave to stay and this may take a long time……so how do they support themselves?
Well, the answer is they don’t….we do.

if the boot was on the other foot i doubt we,d be lodged in their big hotels that the majority of the locals could not afford. Metropole blackpool and other 4 star accomodation. all i could ever afford even with banging in the overtime has been self catering. must have done something wrong in my lifetime.
Old 26-11-2021, 13:23   #23
Beacon of light

No,MH…you did nothing wrong….it is just that you are the wrong ethnicity.

My dear old Dad needed a new pair of glasses, but could not afford them….he went to the DSS(this is a long time ago because has has been gone 30years)….they told him that he was not eligible for help…..he said to them ‘would it make a difference if I said my name was Mohammed, not Jimmy?’
He fought for this country, but he was not eligible because my mum earned ten Bob over the threshold…they made two suggestions….contact the British Legion….or live apart from your wife.
I told him to go and get himself some glasses and I would pay for them, but he said that he had paid into the system, so he should be able to get help.
Old 27-11-2021, 11:05   #24
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;

My dear old Dad needed a new pair of glasses, but could not afford them….he went to the DSS(this is a long time ago because has has been gone 30years)….they told him that he was not eligible for help…..he said to them ‘would it make a difference if I said my name was Mohammed, not Jimmy?’
He fought for this country, but he was not eligible because my mum earned ten Bob over the threshold…they made two suggestions….contact the British Legion….or live apart from your wife.
I told him to go and get himself some glasses and I would pay for them, but he said that he had paid into the system, so he should be able to get help.
.[/QUOTE]

not the first time i have heard similar types of stories and imagine many others have also done. with that why is there so much love and excuses being made for these people with as much as possible swept under the carpet when they can. those that do should try their home country and see if they will be put first in line for anything going. if the do gooding lefties wish to create bigger problems than we already have in this country just carry on how you do as you may get your wishes.
Old 27-11-2021, 11:32   #25
Beacon of light

I think it was Iraq who recently sent planes to Belarus to bring back the ‘refugees’ that Alexander Lukashenko imported as political pawns……so why don’t the Syrians go back to their homelands…no conflict going in there.

Well, it might be the £40 a week spending money, the free mobile phones and the hotel accommodation that attracts these people.

After a year in this country, these people are allowed to seek employment and if the apply to stay and are refused, then the human rights lawyers(that are paid for by you and me) will appeal time after time…..and if they can extend the appeals process for twenty years, the asylum seeker can stay here forever.

Have you noticed how the majority of those coming over in these dinghies are men….young men.
Recently one of these was caught grooming what he thought was a fourteen year old girl( it was a decoy)……he had been here for only four weeks.

So why are we importing trouble by allowing these economic migrants to land here and be looked after.

Shouldn’t our elderly be looked after first?
I would not mind betting a few older folk would not mind being in four star hotel accommodation on full board for a few weeks

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 27-11-2021 at 11:39.
Old 27-11-2021, 12:33   #26
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
why is there so much love and excuses being made for these people with as much as possible swept under the carpet when they can.

Watching "Dewbs & Co." last night on GB News some liberal lefty teacher (from NI, he should know better) was going on about how the "Gimmies & Sandys" should be let into the UK in their 100's of 1000's, Dewbs pulled him up on this (Good Girl) & asked who should pay for all this as the Taxpayer is already being screwed even more as it is.

The raging liberalist loon then said he was sure the folk of UK would be more than happy to pay more to accomodate the above mentioned chancers & freeloaders, again Dewbs (I love this woman even though she's a Yorkingshireitess) called him out & said okay, but only if it was voluntary that those who wished to should be asked to contribute, she then pumped out an instant poll to run while the show was airing (about 10 minutes in).

Long & short about 50 minutes later the end of the show looming, back to the poll & the results, about 3-4,000 had replied end result 94% no way 2% don't know so those of you with a basic grasp of maths realize that leaves ...... ?

Yep 4%, basically, the bleaty, whiny, anti British, self loathing, bed wetting illiberal liberal lefterist loons (to much?). Would happily put their hands in their "very own" pockets instead of the publics for a change, to accomodate the flood of unrequired & unwanted who have been & still are swamping the UK.

So when comparing these numbers (although the viewers may be of a certain leaning) this would appear to highlight the glaring & blatant hypocracy / virtue signalling of the I,L,L,BW,AB,L sitting at about 32-35 % of the voting public they returned merely 4% when asked to actually pay for stuff themselves & not dip the pockets of everyone else! Principles. morales, equality & parity are all fine & dandy just so long as someone else is "picking up the tab" ..... about sums it up really.
Old 27-11-2021, 13:16   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i watched that myself dave how the tv is still in 1 piece is beyond me. the bloke was a complete PRAT. it wouldnt have been but im not as daft as i used to be!
Old 27-11-2021, 14:00   #28
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Just a quick suggestion, there's a popular T.V. show showing a soap box derby, the contestants build ridiculous little trucks and attempt to get them around an obstacle course, why not do the same with these boat people? It would be interesting watching them attempting to make the distance in an inflatable duck or on a leaky lilo and of course they could give all their proceeds to charity.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2021, 14:04   #29
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Just a quick suggestion, there's a popular T.V. show showing a soap box derby, the contestants build ridiculous little trucks and attempt to get them around an obstacle course, why not do the same with these boat people? It would be interesting watching them attempting to make the distance in an inflatable duck or on a leaky lilo and of course they could give all their proceeds to charity.
Sorry, my mistake, that programme already goes out daily, it's called THE NEWS!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2021, 10:35   #30
God Member

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;

Long & short about 50 minutes later the end of the show looming, back to the poll & the results, about 3-4,000 had replied end result 94% no way 2% don't know so those of you with a basic grasp of maths realize that leaves ...... ?

Yep 4%, basically, the bleaty, whiny, anti British, self loathing, bed wetting illiberal liberal lefterist loons (to much?). Would happily put their hands in their "very own" pockets instead of the publics for a change, to accomodate the flood of unrequired & unwanted who have been & still are swamping the UK.

so yet again the vast majority of this country are being totally ignored for the views of a small minority. Everyone should be allowed some air time but only 6 per cent of it and not like they already get. Think that figure would be got if we had a vote on the subject including send the buggers back.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..