Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2021, 08:14   #61
God Member

Re: Migrants...and their crisis....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'm a bit of a frog basher, but not this time, the people responsible are the ones that supplied the craft and took the money and they shouldn't be sued they should be put against a wall and shot.
have any of these been caught yet. they do not seem to be having much success in catching these people but i suppose its the effort being put in may be minimal. if the dinghy boys were going back to france i for one would give the trafficors an alibi.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-12-2021, 10:17   #62
Beacon of light

They do not want to catch them. They want to send them here.They want to help these economic migrants to get here….to overwhelm services….to come and drain our welfare system.
We pay them £54 million to stop these people….but they are taking this money and doing ****** all.
monkey hanger likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2021, 08:49   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
They do not want to catch them. They want to send them here.They want to help these economic migrants to get here….to overwhelm services….to come and drain our welfare system.
We pay them £54 million to stop these people….but they are taking this money and doing ****** all.
honestly i cannot blame the french one bit. just wish the boot was on the other foot and we were sending them back there. mind you hell would freeze over before that happened with some of our own barracading the beaches. this country is just a joke.
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 27-12-2021, 09:39   #64
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
just wish the boot was on the other foot and we were sending them back there.

I agree, but unfortunately when we got Brexit, BoJo & his lackeys didn't consider the small print properly & took us out of the "Dublin agreement". Admittedly they didn't really apply it over much while we were signed up to it, but at least it was something, now though we've got squatt!
cashman likes this.
Old 27-12-2021, 10:56   #65
Beacon of light

Come on Son, the Dublin agreement was not observed and since then we have paid for the French to keep these economic migrants out.
If France really wanted to address the issues they would seek to stop the traffickers.
But really….if you can sit on your French nick and get £54 million and do nothing, then you would.
There was talk that the UK would seek a rebate…but the French just gave a Gallic shrug and
said ‘fromage dur’….the money was spent.
If I shook hand with a Frenchman I would count my fingers afterwards….and check my wedding ring was still there.
taddy likes this.
Old 27-12-2021, 11:29   #66
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Come on Son, the Dublin agreement was not observed and since then we have paid for the French to keep these economic migrants out.

I know & did mention it, but it wasn't just about us sending them back (which we didn't), the Grenouilles let them in & through to camp on the french coast (waiting for a dinghy). Instead they should have been turning them back at their own external borders especially those with Spain, Italy, Belgium & Germany where most of the "Gimmies & Sandies" came through.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-12-2021, 11:55   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

that would have taken sense and Macrons Lot lack it.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 29-12-2021, 08:48   #68
God Member

would love to know the true figues, and not the BBC ones, of how many of these people have left various countries and have settled in other european countries. might make the subject even more interesting.
Old 29-12-2021, 09:22   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The French could easily stop it at the points of entry into france,by not letting them enter, unless genuine migrants, wonder why they have NOT?
Old 29-12-2021, 10:46   #70
Beacon of light

Cashy..post 62 tells you why.
Old 29-12-2021, 11:04   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Cashy..post 62 tells you why.
aye but it dont tell yeh the reason does it? they are mad as hell at us cos we voted BREXIT.
Old 29-12-2021, 14:02   #72
Beacon of light

It is partly that, but long before that, the French were taking the money….and doing bu88er all to get a handle on the issue.
These people who are being trafficked should never get as far as Calais.
Old 29-12-2021, 14:09   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

agree they should not, but all the CLOWNS aint in the circus that piece of crap MACRON is one.
Old 29-12-2021, 14:46   #74
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The French could easily stop it at the points of entry into france,by not letting them enter, unless genuine migrants, wonder why they have NOT?

My personal view is that the frogs couldn't be bothered with the paperwork & hassle involved finding out who, where or why these people have come to france & then the rigmarole of shipping them back. Far easier to ask if they intend to stay in frogland & when the "gimmies" say no they want to go to UK, the frog border plod point out the direction to go & wish them "Bonjour et Bon voyage!".
Old 29-12-2021, 16:45   #75
Beacon of light

Son….Nail, Head, Hit.
If they can steal money for doing nothing…then it is we who are the fools for letting them get away with it….and if we are looking for culprits to blame then we can look at some pretty useless Home Secretaries….who did not want to dirty their hands with this stuff …..either that or they did not have the cojones to deal effectively with the issue.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..