Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 14:34   #16
God Member

Re: Milk

i drink 4 pints of full fat milk a day plus what i have on my cerial and in my coffee and unlesss milk causes obnoxiusness i can quite safely say no side effects here

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2009, 14:43   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i drink 4 pints of full fat milk a day plus what i have on my cerial and in my coffee and unlesss milk causes obnoxiusness i can quite safely say no side effects here
Some people can cope with digesting it better than others.
If your ancestors originated in high milk consumption countries like Norway, Holland and Switzerland, you have the constitution whereby you have retained the ability to produce the enzymes needed to digest it.
The video explains this more.
Accyman - you may well have Viking Blood

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 14:46   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Accyman - you may well have Viking Blood
great i just taught the kids not to play with matches and now they will have to make a raft and send me down the river on fire when i die

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 09-09-2009, 15:54   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Margaret, I find that milk makes me produce an excess of mucus........and that when I reduce or eliminate it from my diet, my nasal catarrh improves greatly.
I know there is supposed to be no scientific evidence to support the fact that milk increases mucus production, but my body tells me different.
That's why I use very little myself Margaret, it certainly affects my chest if I have to much milk suffice to say I only have milk at weekends in coffee and I only drink water Monday to Friday
Old 09-09-2009, 17:05   #20
God Member

Since cows (cattle) were first domesticated about BC 7000 , about 9000 yrs ago dont you think any health problems would have been noticed before now .
re. your premise that because the Chinese and Japanese are lactose intolerant does not mean that Northern Europeans are . Similarily American aboriginals have different genetics that causes problems when they consume alcohol (think its liver enzymes) not all humans (different races/breeds) are the same and have developed in different ways , levels of intelligence is one that comes to mind.

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 17:25   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
levels of intelligence is one that comes to mind.

so what part of clownsville are you from then

please note the 's

Old 09-09-2009, 17:33   #22
Beacon of light

I didn't say that Europeans were lactose intolerant. I made the observation that the Chinese do not include milk in their diet......I made no mention at all of Japanese dietary intake of milk.

Our nation is made up of many differing peoples, whose antecedents could have come from anywhere.
I know from my own observations of how I personally react to milk, and milk products........ that they don't agree with me......and that is not surprising, because whatever you may think of me, I am not related to a cow.
The primary function of cow's milk is to nurture young bovines......that is what nature intended it for........ not humans.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 17:36   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
so what part of clownsville are you from then

please note the 's
to paraphrase Joe Friday ......."just the facts"

IQ and the Wealth of Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 09-09-2009, 17:45   #24
Beacon of light

Many people are highly suspicious about how IQ tests are conducted and interpreted.
They are not the 'Gold Standard' in determining intelligence or intellect.
Old 09-09-2009, 17:49   #25
Beacon of light

And that article you have given us a link, to is not really to be trusted, since much of the research is unverified, and is criticised as being biased.
Old 09-09-2009, 17:51   #26
God Member

I barely consume dairy products but I do love a bit of cheese every now and again.

Another myth about milk (and I haven't watched the video here so forgive me if it was said) is that it contains a lot of calcium. There is actually more calcium in green veggies such as brocolli!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 17:53   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The chinese people don't take milk in their diet and they reckon they can smell milk on Westerners........
But something stunts their grown & makes their eyes slant, maybe its lack of milk in the diet?
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 18:01   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
But something stunts their grown & makes their eyes slant, maybe its lack of milk in the diet?

Chinese are stupidly healthy people, generally have great hair and nails and have high intelligence levels. I've not met any Chinese people at university yet that I consider unhealthy or inferior anyway, usually quite the opposite. And there is a large number of chinese students here at Lancaster University, mostly studying business related subjects.
Old 09-09-2009, 18:37   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Chinese are stupidly healthy people, generally have great hair and nails and have high intelligence levels. I've not met any Chinese people at university yet that I consider unhealthy or inferior anyway, usually quite the opposite. And there is a large number of chinese students here at Lancaster University, mostly studying business related subjects.
Obvious you have never had the misfortune to take the '21 Stockton St.' bus that runs thru Chinatown in San Francisco , hoards of them coughing and spitting everywhere ,carrying live chickens and turtles,(not family pets , but tonights dinner) any idea of standing in a line/queue is a totally alien concept .
Old 09-09-2009, 18:49   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Obvious you have never had the misfortune to take the '21 Stockton St.' bus that runs thru Chinatown in San Francisco , hoards of them coughing and spitting everywhere ,carrying live chickens and turtles,(not family pets , but tonights dinner) any idea of standing in a line/queue is a totally alien concept .
Yes, this is absolutely NOTHING to do with milk consumption and everything to do with poverty, the exact same sort of poverty you see within every single race on the planet. Thanks for that insightful observation.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..