Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2009, 21:07   #76
God Member

Re: Milk

The rice 'milk' I had delivered on Tuesday is 'wathery' stuff - coffee is better bout it - but it is passable in tea.
I have a carton of oat 'milk' to try after this rice 'milk' is finished.

whisper -3 days and bowels are better already

I must admit to having icecream at Francos tonight
I am not trying to be a martyr

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2009, 21:58   #77
God Member

Ok, Margaret , decided to follow your advice and try some "non-dairy" milk substitute drink , my local health conscious grocery has a new product on sale "Organic Whole grain drink" , made with organic bown rice, amaranth, millet (budgie food !!!) and quinoa, plus enriched with vitamins A,D,B12 and calcium. stuff tastes ok , but can't figure out how something "organic" can have a expiry date of July 2 2010.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 22:05   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Ok, Margaret , decided to follow your advice and try some "non-dairy" milk substitute drink , my local health conscious grocery has a new product on sale "Organic Whole grain drink" , made with organic bown rice, amaranth, millet (budgie food !!!) and quinoa, plus enriched with vitamins A,D,B12 and calcium. stuff tastes ok , but can't figure out how something "organic" can have a expiry date of July 2 2010.
Strange you should mention that date: that's the date my surgeon tattooed on my ass after surgery .... and I'm organic ... at least, I think I am
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 15:07   #79

In my opinion Soy Milk is much better than Cow Milk, but it tastes better Cow milk, also can be mixed
clathraceous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 15:28   #80
God Member

I avoid all soya products
CONCERNS REGARDING SOYBEANS
There are conflicting reports available - best to read both sides before you decide whether to include it in your diet.
My policy is 'when in doubt don't' - other people are less cautious.

I have tried 'oat milk' and 'rice milk'
Both have get a 'sludge' settlement in the bottom of the carton, even when you remember to shake before pouring.
This sludge is unpleasant to find at the bottom of your cuppa.
I now drink coffee black and use a splash of rice milk in tea.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 15:38   #81
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by clathraceous View Post
In my opinion Soy Milk is much better than Cow Milk, but it tastes better Cow milk, also can be mixed
Your actually saying that soy tastes better than cows milk glad I haven't got your taste buds
Old 16-10-2009, 18:55   #82
Senior Member+

I've just done the entire opposite and given a weekly order to a local milkman. I thought about it and would rather he had the money for something I would usually buy from Spar, plus he is cheaper and the glass bottles must be better for the environment. Only semi skimmed 3 times a week but he does other stuff too so will see how we go!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..