Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 09:19   #1
God Member

Minimum hours for working family tax credit goes up

From April this year people will not be eligable for working family tax credit unless they work at least 24 hours a week, it's gone up from 16 hours
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2012, 09:39   #2
God Member

Re: Minimum hours for working family tax credit goes up

Well we are "all in this together" but it seems those on low incomes are more in it than some.

Treasury Minister Chloe Smith said the policy was part of "what we have to do as a country to get out of the enormous deficit mess left by Labour".
Of course.. now why did we not say that 2yrs ago?

Last edited by Mancie; 11-02-2012 at 09:42.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:52   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
From April this year people will not be eligable for working family tax credit unless they work at least 24 hours a week, it's gone up from 16 hours
Hyndburn Borough Council faces finding savings on the back of £2.6million cuts made last year. Council leader Miles Parkinson said staff will be encouraged to job share and cut hours to avoid compulsory redundancies and wage cuts. (Lancashire Evening Telegraph)

Let's hope these two things don't collide! Job sharing of a 37 hour a week job means 18.5 hours each!
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:24   #4

Quote:
Dont start panicking lone parents, this only applies to couples that either or both when added together need to work minimum 24 hours to qualify for w.t.c., single parents can still work 16 hours & qualify for w.t.c (and of course c.t.c)

Last edited by wallop79; 11-02-2012 at 10:26.
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:17   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallop79 View Post
Dont start panicking lone parents, this only applies to couples that either or both when added together need to work minimum 24 hours to qualify for w.t.c., single parents can still work 16 hours & qualify for w.t.c (and of course c.t.c)
Yep no panic..those on lower incomes than bosses of failing companies should suffer most.."we are all in this together"
Old 11-02-2012, 14:59   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Yep no panic..those on lower incomes than bosses of failing companies should suffer most.."we are all in this together"
how is somone working extra hours suffering?

The more hours a person works the more the boss pays them and the less the government has to top up teh wage of the person.The only downside i can see is that a person would have to work extra for their money and have less paid for in tax credit.Inconvinent maybe but not suffering.

Besides wallops explained it pretty well and i dont see any hardship been caused by what she put as it wont effect a lot of people.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 11-02-2012 at 15:02.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 15:04   #7
God Member

accyman, how are people who have been knocked down to 16 hours due to lack of work (coming in at work) supposed to find the extra 8 hours if the work isn't there?
Old 11-02-2012, 15:13   #8
God Member

Quote:
accyman, how are people who have been knocked down to 16 hours due to lack of work (coming in at work) supposed to find the extra 8 hours if the work isn't there?
good pont didnt think of that.

the tories do have a habbit of putting people in a position where they have to get work yet with teh other hand cut avialible work.

I suppose to create teh extra 8 hours for two employees one 16 hour job will have to be cut

i make that 1 in 3 part time jobs having to go

not a good idea cameron

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 11-02-2012, 15:22   #9
God Member

exactly
Old 11-02-2012, 15:27   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
how is somone working extra hours suffering?

The more hours a person works the more the boss pays them and the less the government has to top up teh wage of the person.The only downside i can see is that a person would have to work extra for their money and have less paid for in tax credit.Inconvinent maybe but not suffering.

Besides wallops explained it pretty well and i dont see any hardship been caused by what she put as it wont effect a lot of people.
I did not make it clear..I'm saying some on low incomes may now have their incomes cut by whatever means.. but I ain't seen those with high incomes having the same cuts by percentage ...and I don't think "we are all in this together"
Old 11-02-2012, 15:31   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

We never were goin to be "All In This Together" Mancie, only a fool would think we were. But the Tory Faithful will never admit it.
Old 11-02-2012, 15:38   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I did not make it clear..I'm saying some on low incomes may now have their incomes cut by whatever means.. but I ain't seen those with high incomes having the same cuts by percentage ...and I don't think "we are all in this together"
despite cameron shoving his newborn baby in a bottom drawer for the first week of its life i did think that its future would be a lot more secure seen as both parents are millionairs but it was a good publicity stunt having low income families feel sorry for the millionair couple that were too damn lazy to go out or have someone go buy them a cot.

There will never be equal treatment between teh rich and poor its different rules for each

in this country the more you owe the tax man the less you have to pay and the taxman will take you to lunch if you owe enough tax and explain how they dont want you to pay what you owe despite having billions in your acocunt

Old 11-02-2012, 19:43   #13

My mum always used to say " If you vote Tory, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer....".
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 20:31   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
My mum always used to say " If you vote Tory, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer....".

Was she related to Tony or Gordon?

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 21:23   #15
God Member

you dont live in this country the uk.ive noticed a very sharp rise in people unemployed.its not clever its not big we are heading to an armageddon of social unrest,rise in crime.roberries are already up ten percent .just wait till universal credit comes in.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..