Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2011, 17:44   #1
Full Member+

MIRACLE or WHAT!

My wife lost her much loved and only sister to lung cancer just a couple of weeks ago - too early at just 68-years of age. She was interred at exactly 2.50pm on Monday, 1st of March. At the get-together for family and friends afterwards, my daughter switched on her phone only to receive a message telling her that her own daughter (our granddaughter) had given birth to a baby girl at precisely 2.50pm that day. Although extremely personal to my family and those left behind, I am happy to share it with Accy Webbers as I am inclined to look upon it some sort of miracle, or indeed as some sort of divine coincidence, but all in all a comfort to us all in the wake of our sad loss.

Your observations are welcome.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2011, 17:50   #2
Senior Member+

Re: MIRACLE or WHAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
My wife lost her much loved and only sister to lung cancer just a couple of weeks ago - too early at just 68-years of age. She was interred at exactly 2.50pm on Monday, 1st of March. At the get-together for family and friends afterwards, my daughter switched on her phone only to receive a message telling her that her own daughter (our granddaughter) had given birth to a baby girl at precisely 2.50pm that day. Although extremely personal to my family and those left behind, I am happy to share it with Accy Webbers as I am inclined to look upon it some sort of miracle, or indeed as some sort of divine coincidence, but all in all a comfort to us all in the wake of our sad loss.

Your observations are welcome.
Thats lovely i hope your new addition brings you some comfort in difficult times, its not easy as i know from personal experience, all the best
Old 03-03-2011, 18:03   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

owt that helps folk through the crap,is a good result in my book, as i'm sure it is wi you.
Old 03-03-2011, 18:11   #4
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
owt that helps folk through the crap,is a good result in my book, as i'm sure it is wi you.
Blunt and precisely to the point. Much appreciated. Thanks, Cashy
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 18:21   #5
Resting in Peace

That's a very heart warming story Stumped, sadness then joy, one of the better things in life when that happens, thanks for sharing it with use
Old 03-03-2011, 18:35   #6
Senior Member+

Very nice story Stumped, just a shame your sister in law could not have seen the new addition to the family. Hope everything is well with Mother and baby
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 18:50   #7
God Member

It certainly is strange; and happenings like this should not always be put down to coincidence. In the words of Shakespeare:

Horatio: "O day and night, but this is wondrous strange.

Hamlet: And therfore as a stranger give it welcome.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in [our] philosophy." (Hamlet I., v., 164-167.)

And from Job: "The Lord gives and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 18:54   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

when were you ordained Eric?
Old 03-03-2011, 18:59   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well somebody gave him the spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch routine back in 63 and he's been like that ever since
Old 03-03-2011, 19:39   #10
God Member

Quote:
Maybe next year ... I've been interested in Job and the Faust legend ever since I read an analysis of it by a friend of mine, the late Fr. Bob Ogle, S.J. MP. Still, when one gets up in years, one tends to muse a little about the fast-approaching inevitable.

And the Shakespeare thingy: I was ordained with my Ph. D. in '93, though I was never much of a Shakespeare scholar.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 20:14   #11
Beacon of light

This baby was sent to alleviate some of the grief.......and who can say whether these two souls met...one coming in, as the other went home.

I hope the new baby has a long and happy life, and that she can take the sting out of the sorrow.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 21:47   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Maybe the old Dali Lama has got it right after all ? And it's good to hear about something decent with so much upset in the World.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 21:50   #13
God Member

What a lovely story
Old 03-03-2011, 22:00   #14
Clearly Classy.......

As one door closes another opens. Sorry for your loss xx. Congratulations on the birth of your great granddaughter xx.

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 22:50   #15
Senior Member+

Seen this happen before, one in and one out, it's mystifying but comforting in a way. RIP to your sister in law and best wishes to the new born. x

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..