Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2008, 08:42   #1
Senior Member+

"Misplaced humour"..Hugh Jackson

A councillor has been suspended from the conserative party after suggesting euthanasia as a way to cut the cost of caring for vulnerable children.
Hugh jackson, councillor for Monksheath North, is also being investigated by North Tyneside council for the remark he made at a finance meeting.
Mr jackson has appologised and is reported to have said the comment was "misplaced humour".
The North Tyneside conservatives said his remark was "totally unacceptable"
He should be disgusted with himself
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2008, 17:50   #2
God Member

Re: "Misplaced humour"..Hugh Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex View Post
A councillor has been suspended from the conserative party after suggesting euthanasia as a way to cut the cost of caring for vulnerable children.
Hugh jackson, councillor for Monksheath North, is also being investigated by North Tyneside council for the remark he made at a finance meeting.
Mr jackson has appologised and is reported to have said the comment was "misplaced humour".
It does seem as if politicians only open their mouths to change feet. The tory leader of the opposition in the Onatrio Legislature remarked that the new budget provisions for helping First Nations were "smoke signals."

Of course, as an afterthought, Swift might have considered Hugh Jackson's proposal quite modest.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 17:58   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex View Post

Councillors and people in public life should know better. He surely must have known there'd be an uproar?
Old 29-03-2008, 16:58   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
Councillors and people in public life should know better. He surely must have known there'd be an uproar?
I dont know what would possess someone to say something like that, he may have found it funny but most people wouldnt, your quite right there cyfr
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 21:10   #5
Passed away 25-11-09

You'd have thought the dean of St Patrick's cathedral, Dublin, would have known better too, wouldn't you? Well, I don't know, maybe he meant it!

Jonathan Swift - A Modest Proposal

I think Mr Jackson should probably have kept his lip zipped but I don't think it's a hanging matter.
Old 29-03-2008, 22:26   #6
Senior Member+

why would anyone think that was funny?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2008, 22:28   #7
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post

Personally, I just think it's a stupid remark but there's no accounting for other people's sense of "humour".
Old 30-03-2008, 11:09   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Some one who is full of their own importance
Old 31-03-2008, 16:16   #9
Loz

I think i have a twisted sense of humour but that is very low.
How he could think that was even remotely funny is beyond me and trust me i think i'm going to hell with some of the jokes i've found amusing!
Old 31-03-2008, 16:20   #10
Senior Member+

Loz.... give me your msn and i will send you some of my music!! pmsl... that'll send you to hell!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:22   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Loz.... give me your msn and i will send you some of my music!! pmsl... that'll send you to hell!
We don't need music emamum, weave been going to hell on a hand cart for the last eleven years

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..