Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2005, 23:28   #31
Junior Member+

Re: Missing Accrington man - David Guilfoyle

still no news. can anyone up there tell me whats happening here please
northern lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-06-2005, 02:10   #32
I am Banned

they made it into a murder investigation a couple of days ago but no offical news as of yet
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2005, 04:39   #33
God Member

Accrington Police....in charge of a murder inquiry...???

It will be remembered that these are the people who made a complete mess of directing a marching troop of scouts through Accrington last year. Although the Keystone Cops didn't have flashing lights and sirens that go Woo-Woo on their expensive cars, they were at least mildly amusing and always seemed to end up getting their man.

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 25-06-2005 at 04:43.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2005, 08:12   #34
God Member

So now would be an ideal time for all the petty theives and crooks to have a field day - because all our officers are going to be occupied for quite some time.
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2005, 12:37   #35
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Knight
So now would be an ideal time for all the petty theives and crooks to have a field day - because all our officers are going to be occupied for quite some time.
The thieves and gypos always have a field day in Accrington because the police are always preoccupied.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2005, 16:36   #36
Senior Member+

got told that they have pulled a body out of the canal in clayton over the weekend rumours are that it is david guilfoyle...no official news as yet though

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2005, 23:39   #37
Junior Member+

Unhappy Re: Missing Accrington man - David Guilfoyle

Just another rumour at the moment. I heard this on Friday but apparently the police were looking for something else, I dont know if that can be beleived but its all weve got at the moment.
Old 27-06-2005, 05:50   #38

I live in Clayton...and I walked past the canal on my way home on Friday and thought something like that had happened as the road next to it was cordened of,,,but according to telegraph on Saturday it was an assault that happened there.. hope this clears that up for you.
mazzywazzy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 11:29   #39

I've heard today that a couple of kids walking their dog along the canal in Church had found a head! how much truth there is in it I have no idea.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 12:13   #40
God Member

There are hundreds of places to hide a body round Accy. I will be very surprised if we find him.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 17:02   #41
Junior Member+

Thankyou for that info re. the canal. As I said there are alot of rumours flying about but nothing concrete as yet. I have heard there is a substantial reward for anyone who leads the police to a conviction in this case. Keep hunting....
Old 28-06-2005, 22:25   #42

The incident in Clayton was not connected with this enquiry. Understand a young man walking home on canal towpath was attacked & raped by several men. Yet more pervs in Clayton! & we are expected to let our kids go down to play in Mercer park.
Old 28-06-2005, 22:30   #43
God Member

It is so scary, so much seems to be going on of late in the east lancs area

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2005, 22:39   #44
Junior Member+

Question Re: Missing Accrington man - David Guilfoyle

Thanks Big Al for the update.
Shane Fitzpatrick from C.L.M has had his bail extended. He is obviously still under suspision.
I beleive He comes from clayton. aAnyone have any more clues???
Old 29-06-2005, 15:01   #45
Junior Member+

Exclamation Re: Missing Accrington man - David Guilfoyle

Do any of you have the faintest idea about organised crime and what dave may or may not have been involved in,most of your observations and comments are based on pure guesswork and what the press wants you to believe.What you should know about dave is that he was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, a shrewd businessman who earnt literally thousands a week,although you may not have guessed this or even known it due to his low key lifestyle. My interest in dave is purely based on previous dealings with him through various companies i work for within the security sector, all i can say about this case is that if accrington police are investigating it may well be a very long time before they actually get to the bottom of daves disappearance, perhaps if people knew the right people,knew his real connections and how dave derived most of his income then they might just have a better understanding of what may have happened to him,instead of all this will speculation thats flying around at the moment.
SECURITYSCOUSER is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..