Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2005, 22:24   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Missing Accrington man - David Guilfoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECURITYSCOUSER
NOW WHY WOULD YOU BE LOOKING AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS HMMMMM
Perhaps I am a very bad man

Trust me if I was, your name and address would be in front of me now..... Be careful my friend
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-06-2005, 22:35   #62
Junior Member+

I dont know what these little inuendos are on here but come on you guys get serious. HELP if u can
northern lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 22:44   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECURITYSCOUSER
i fear for my own safety should i directly name names, if you knew me and my buiness and how we knew dave and all the other related connections you would fully understand .
Then ring Crimestoppers. Its free and confidential. They wont know its you. Use a phone box, they cant trace a number to you can they

Last edited by jpest1; 29-06-2005 at 22:46. Reason: Addition
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 22:57   #64
I am Banned

you never know a police officer could be reading this and ask the admin for his ip address which will most likely be logged when he joined up or email address which can be both traced to the address where the computer is that he is using so he may find himself answering questions even if he wasnt planning on doing so

also mr security scouser if you can help and are in fear for your life then perhaps it is time you spoke to the police

but if you are simply taking the pi$$ and think its funny to come onto a local website making claims to having information that can lead to daves alleged killers been caught please remember he has family and a 15 year old daughter who may or may not come onto this site and i dare say would be pretty uspet about it

its no good coming here and saying you know who killed dave we cant do a thing about it but the police can
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 07:23   #65
Resident Waffler

It doesn't even need a police officer to be reading it. Anyone reading this could already have decided to report the messages to the police. They are very keen to follow up any possible lead.

And don't assume this website is only read by a few local yokels. Apart from the many registered members there are numerous "guest" visitors.

If you genunely know something then the police will probably be wanting to talk to you very soon. If on the other hand you are just one of those people who pop out of the woodwork whenever something like this happens and like to feel they are important you may end up wishing you hadn't because the people responsible for this crime could well wish to track you down and shut you up whether you know something or not. People like that prefer not to take chances.

Some people on here knew Dave Guilfoyle better than others. He was very popular. Don't insult people by telling them they never knew him when they know darned well they did.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 10:26   #66

Well said Willow. I also think its disgusting that SOME people think its ok to laugh and joke about something like this. Some people have been affected badly by this and others should respect these people. If someone has nothing useful to say on the matter, then maybe they should keep their mouths buttoned and leave the space for people who really wish they could help
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 11:01   #67
Give, give, give member

For some reason l hadn't read the whole of this thread until now, it is one of the more interesting things l've ever read on here.

Couple of points,

- Where do we stand legally naming people on here? l read recently of a man who got an ASBO for critisising Allah on a UK website.

-If security scouser really knows as much as he does, l'd have gone to the police, l certainly wouldn't have jepordised my safety by implying l knew basically who did this crime by dropping hints on a public website when you can easily be traced.

-Thirdly tried to give karma to Simon, but l have to spread it about a bit more. What you said made total sense, and l'll owe you one. You ass kicker, and never mind his punch!

Last edited by garinda; 30-06-2005 at 11:02.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 11:21   #68
God Member

As Chav has said, Security scouser has whether he likes it or not left enough of a trail for anyone who has access to the ISP logs that will trace him to his address. Do we not have any plod on here? I'd be very surprised if we didn't.

Ian
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 11:27   #69

I think if Security Scouser has a heart then he would have gone to the police. If he is putting himself at risk like he said, then hes already done that
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 12:45   #70
God Member

Any silly punk with a GCSE grade 'C' in psychology will tell you that SecurityScouser is no more then a Walter Mitty type day dreamer, suffering with a mild case of narcissistic personality disorder. Ignore him. If he did know 'owt worth knowing, he would'nt put it on here. End of story.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 13:01   #71
Beacon of light

Tealeaf, if that is true then he is a sick, sad man.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 13:05   #72

Well it looks as though he's been frightened off or realised he's been rumbled as he hasn't replied to the last few posts..... Let normal service resume.......
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 13:07   #73
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I think the naming of names might be a bit risky on a public site like this.......and if you really do know so much SecurityScouser then you may be better naming names to the police
As Big Al says you have basically compromised your own security by posting on here.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 13:13   #74
Give, give, give member

Come on legal eagles!

It's ok gossiping over the garden fence, but how do we stand on here, when the papers can't print to many details, so as not to compimise any subsequent convictions.

What would happen?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 22:08   #75

Given the length of time since Davids disappearance & the lack of forthcoming information along with the genuine comments on here by people who knew/know him there is more involvment in this at a higher criminal level than maybe was first thought. The normal general banter may not have interested the likes of these elements, but the comments by Security Scouser would definitely raise heckles so he should be thankful for the warning not to bluff & stick his fingers where they could be burnt. As for naming names I know some have pointed fingers off site but if wrong, naming on this site will open you up for lible or slander. I carry our contract work for the police & can say they are far from muppets in the actions they are taking on this case. Not just local boys are working on this but several higher ranking experienced officers are attatched to this case. Cannot say more because of confidentiality.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..