Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2007, 15:59   #181
white rabbits

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

I wasent taking much notice,it was around dinner time,maybe on the news on "This Morning"..or one oclock news .....
Old 11-05-2007, 16:01   #182

this is on sky news web site

CCTV of a woman and two men with a girl matching Madeleine's description at a nearby petrol station is being analysed. Their car had British number plates.
And sniffer dogs picked up a trail from the McCanns apartment which led to a neighbouring flat which had been used by a British couple or family.
Chief Inspector Olegario Sousa said that a 200 kilometre (125 mile) square area had been scoured for clues since she vanished more than a week ago.
No arrests had been made in the case and items of clothing found by police teams did not belong to Madeleine, he added.

'The views expressed here are my own and are not necessarily those of the site'
Traceyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 16:12   #183
Resident Waffler

If they know who used the neighbouring flat presumably they can look for those people and at least if they are nothing to do with it they can be eliminated.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 16:15   #184
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
If they know who used the neighbouring flat presumably they can look for those people and at least if they are nothing to do with it they can be eliminated.
well yes you would have thought so. Someone out there MUST know something.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 20:15   #185
God Member

On checking into hotels/apartments abroad you usually have to hand over passports so presumably the complex will have all details of previous holidaymakers. I just hope they find her soon. I too think that all details of the investigation shouldn't be made public and if the family are happy with the police and the investigation then they shouldn't be critisized. I do think its important that her face and the abduction is kept as headline news though.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:21   #186

I was desperately praying and hoping that she would be back with Mum and Dad for her birthday when I woke this morning.

Suz x.
suzster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:04   #187
Senior Member+

Today,Maddys birthday,is going to be a very,very tough day for all her family.I don't think there will be a single person who does'nt think of them today.I pray today she turns up safely(like every day since she went missing) & the ba*****(s) (ther is no other word,sorry) who took her rot in hell.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:17   #188
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Today,Maddys birthday,is going to be a very,very tough day for all her family.I don't think there will be a single person who does'nt think of them today.I pray today she turns up safely(like every day since she went missing) & the ba*****(s) (ther is no other word,sorry) who took her rot in hell.
my thoughts exactly maxwell
lets hope it is a happy birthday, and these scum fetch her back to her family today!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:08   #189
God Member

I too was hoping that she would be back with her family today.It must be especially tough for them with today being her birthday.I hope find her soon and this isn't going to be one of those open ended cases like with Ben Needham.It must be total hell for the parents.With us it's the first thing we think of in the morning and the last thing we think of at night,checking teletext,sky news etc to see if there's been any developments.I can't imagine how torturous this is for her family.it must be breaking them up inside.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:03   #190
white rabbits

To Maddie,,,on your birthday xxxxxxx
Old 12-05-2007, 10:42   #191

I sincerely hope that she is found soon, I also hope that she is able to get over whatever has happened to her in the time that she has been away from her family.

Happy Birthday Maddy, our thoughts are with you.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:53   #192
God Member

To Maddie on your Birthday sweetheart xxxxxxx

Another day of hoping and praying that you turn up and be reunited with your parents darling xxx

Miracles do happen!!

Old 12-05-2007, 11:18   #193
God Member

Birthday wishes little one ..... where ever you are xxxxxxxx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6300_1.jpg (13.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-05-2007, 11:44   #194
God Member

they all made me cry

happy birthday maddie, there is hope out there, you will be found soon xxxxxx
Old 12-05-2007, 12:49   #195
God Member

Madeleine Police Hunt Van Driver

Police hunting for Madeleine McCann are looking for the driver of a small white van, Sky News can reveal.

Crime correspondent Martin Brunt said cops want to speak to a man who was spotted near the holiday apartment in Praia da Luz around the time the four-year-old vanished nine days ago.
"We don't know how significant it is, but there are several reports of a man hanging around the apartment on the day she disappeared or perhaps the day before," he said.

"One report suggests he was sitting in a small, white van. Police have got a good description of the man: about 5ft 8in tall, between 30 and 35, not Portuguese according to one of the witnesses, wearing a blue jacket and white trousers."

He said police had produced an e-fit of the suspect which they had been showing to people inside the apartment block in an attempt to jog their memories.

He added that police are also keen to trace an American man who lives in the village but who has not been seen for several days - and who also drives a white van.

Miracles do happen!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..